• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FOUND!!! Traditional Duck Rice!

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heng Gi Goose and Duck Rice: True Heritage Braised Duck

http://ieatishootipost.sg/heng-gi-goose-and-duck-rice-true-heritage-braised-duck/

Bowl-rice1.jpg

When you talk about braised duck, this is the one stall that is a bit of a legend in Singapore.

The old man has been selling braised duck for over 60 years since he was a small boy helping out at his fathers stall along Tewchew street.

Before Tekka market closed for renovations, I heard that he was planning on retiring, but fortunately, the stall is still operating now with some young blood under the watchful eye of the old master.

Duck1.jpg

The braising sauce here is the Teochew style, watery type.

But it is far from insipid.

This is the kind of dish which has baulked at the Health Promotion Board’s advice of having less oil and less salt and you just have to have some rice or porridge to go with it. Not many stalls dare make it with such power nowadays, opting instead for a milder, sweeter approach.

But if you want to taste Teochew Lor, the way that it used to be, then this must be it.

Pig-Head-Meat1.jpg

It’s a pity that they don’t sell goose anymore, even though the signboard still reads “Goose”.

Due to AVA restrictions, it is not possible to get fresh geese anymore.

However, they still have pig’s head meat here which is excellent. In case you haven’t tried pig’s head before, you should! The texture of pig’s head is unique. It’s slightly chewy but in a gummi bear sort of way and makes for marvelous mastication! 4.5/5

The duck that day was just a tad dry and a bit on the tough side, but still very flavourful. 4.25/5

Man1.jpg

Conclusion

We almost lost this heritage hawker stall!

Thankfully, some younger hawkers have taken over the reins from the old master and keeping the tradition alive.

The old man still keeps watch over the stall and you can sometimes see him sitting around there with his friends.

Stall9.jpg

Heng Gi Goose and Duck Rice

Address: Tekka Centre, 664 Buffalo Road, #01-335,

Opening hours:
8:30AM to 2:30PM

Closed:Mondays

OMG

This guy is still alive!!

This fella's stall is legendary.....used to be on the corner of the second floor of the torn down hill street hawker centre!!

It still infuriates the fuck out of me when i think of this cb govt and it's fucking move to demolish that iconic food centre!! And that damm piece of land has been lying vacant for all these fucking years!!

WTF PAP cunts??!!?!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
OMG

This guy is still alive!!

This fella's stall is legendary.....used to be on the corner of the second floor of the torn down hill street hawker centre!!

It still infuriates the fuck out of me when i think of this cb govt and it's fucking move to demolish that iconic food centre!! And that damm piece of land has been lying vacant for all these fucking years!!

WTF PAP cunts??!!?!
Tuayapeh... u gotta go early...the Q is beri long during lunch time hor...best is 11plus ... after that long Q...:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone tried the braised duck from chinatown HC?
The old lady hawker was featured on TV as a hawker hero who been in business for 70 years!
I've never heard of it as famous for braised duck until now....

stall in si beh lor HC
Famous 仕记 more famous for cantonese roasted duck now afternoon shift is selling teochew braised duck....I think it's only above average....anyone tried?

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
From village doctor, *to member of parliament, *to corporate world, *charities, *and the grassroots.A man driven by passion: [Audio:http://www.tanchengbock.org/0-Files/Audio/DrTanChengBock_passion.mp3]Tan Cheng Bock is a man who went from humble beginnings to a varied and deep experience. Born in 1940 to a poor family, whose*father passed away in his mid-teens, he went through Raffles Institution on bursaries, eventually making it through to medical school in Singapore to qualify as a medical doctor. He began working life in equally humble circumstances, in 1971, as a village doctor in*Ama Keng village, Lim Chu Kang. Described as “the best years of my life”, where life was so simple and real as to take payment sometimes in vegetables and farm produce; he came to be the confidant of the villagers, who looked to him to represent them in matters with the authorities. Eventually this brought him to the attention of the PAP which asked him to stand for general elections in 1980.“I am prepared to err on the side of the people”

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former NSP Secretary General Goh Meng Seng has explained that he plans to contest in the next general election.Updating the public on this facebook page, he said this:For many friends who are very concerned about my political path ahead and keep asking me this question:Are you coming back to politics to contest in coming GE?At this stage, I can give a definite answer to all of you, with the blessings of my wife, YES, I will be back in politics to contest in the coming GE.Will I form my own party or join any party?I have not made up my mind yet but you will know very soon, once I do.*Article first appeared on*https://www.facebook.com/gohmengseng.freedom/posts/10204980323000971

you idlot or what?
we are talking about best duck rice..not goh menh seng your mother