• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FOUND!!! Traditional Duck Rice!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Just had this Duck Rice...very traditional... just like what my grandma used to make when i was a young boy..

The gravy is watery type...not like the modern starchy ones that you find in most duck rice stalls..

...and the duck meat is very well infused with their seasoning and you dun really need the gravy at all... yums yums...:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
my favorite at sam leong road. successor to the old man's boneless duck at south buona vista road.

image.jpg

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is fake one the pin tua type just use white rice and lam the lor. original duck rice must bake with yam "orr" to achieve the fragrance

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
this is fake one the pin tua type just use white rice and lam the lor. original duck rice must bake with yam "orr" to achieve the fragrance

You should try this one I just ate and posted... really got standard even without gravy...

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep...it sucks... meat has no really no taste as I said... really gone downhill..

the shiokness is sitting next to longkang, watch neh's go in and out of mustafa, and smile when you see sam leong's name printed on road sign for posterity. :p

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just had this Duck Rice...very traditional... just like what my grandma used to make when i was a young boy..

The gravy is watery type...not like the modern starchy ones that you find in most duck rice stalls..

...and the duck meat is very well infused with their seasoning and you dun really need the gravy at all... yums yums...:biggrin:

traditional teochew style.

Blk 107 Ang Mo Kio St 11, left side coffeeshop, Soon Seng Restaurant, same coffeeshop as Roy Ngerng's father fried carrot cake stall. The stall operate by one skinny auntie. old school standard, 滷豬头肉, 豬舌, 豬耳朵 also available.

by the way, your picture only show signboard but no address also useless hor. goose also sell, must try at least once as neber eat goose before although kenna chased by neighbour goose in kampong. more fierce than dogs.

Last edited:

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should try this one I just ate and posted... really got standard even without gravy...

We used to eat Duck at Gelang Patah RM8.50 consist of Yam rice, duck slice, tofu and egg.
will try to take the picture on our next visit. Nice taste and we are regular there on weekly affair!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Si-lao-gao limpeh still not lunch yet la.

This type is my fav, not those sticky gravy type. 古早味 the best.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Limpeh will tah-pao home then cook porridge hot hot then add the black sauce and shredded duck meat sure make your day if you eat for breakfast.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Si-lao-gao limpeh still not lunch yet la.

This type is my fav, not those sticky gravy type. 古早味 the best.

Si Kup Por...this stall you sure like...sibei traditional...your Lau Ah Peh type :biggrin:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former NSP Secretary General Goh Meng Seng has explained that he plans to contest in the next general election.Updating the public on this facebook page, he said this:For many friends who are very concerned about my political path ahead and keep asking me this question:Are you coming back to politics to contest in coming GE?At this stage, I can give a definite answer to all of you, with the blessings of my wife, YES, I will be back in politics to contest in the coming GE.Will I form my own party or join any party?I have not made up my mind yet but you will know very soon, once I do.*Article first appeared on*https://www.facebook.com/gohmengseng.freedom/posts/10204980323000971