• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singaporeans rally behind tan kin lian: He was merely stating an observation

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]SINGAPOREANS RALLY BEHIND TAN KIN LIAN: HE WAS MERELY STATING AN OBSERVATION[/h]
Post date:
2 Feb 2015 - 6:13pm

<pic credit: Vulcan Post>
Following an article showing the negative comments that former presidential candidate Tan Kin Lian received for posting an allegedly “racist” comment on facebook, Singaporeans have rallied behind him and starting making the same jokes of their own.

Tan Kin Lian had posted a picture of a bus full of Indian foreign workers and joked that he had found himself in Mumbai while travelling on a bus in Singapore.
See: Tan Kin Lian Posts 'Racist' Facebook Status Joking about Number of Foreigners in SG

In the same spirit, Singaporeans have added their own jokes and are defending Mr Tan:

In the same spirit, Singaporeans have added their own jokes and are defending Mr Tan:

What do you think of his comments?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]TAN KIN LIAN POSTS 'RACIST' FACEBOOK STATUS JOKING ABOUT NUMBER OF FOREIGNERS IN SG[/h]
Post date:
2 Feb 2015 - 12:52pm

Former presidential candidate Tan Kin Lian has come under fire from netizen for posting a status seen by some as racist.
Mr Tan had taken a photo on board a bus where all the commuters in the photo appeared to be foreign workers from India.
He accompanied the photo with the caption “I boarded SMRT 857 and found that I was in Mumbai. Hahaha.”
He had likely intended it as a light hearted observation of the number of foreigners in Singapore and passed comment on a common frustration Singaporeans feel but doing so on a public platform like Facebook wasn’t taken well by netizens.

Many commented that his comments were racist and unfit for someone who was once running for presidency.
Some netizens commented that they were glad that he wasn’t voted in or he could have steered Singapore wrongly or made such social media gaffes which could result in international outrage.
However, some others also defended Mr Tan saying that the comment itself was not particularly racist as he was just observing that the commuters were probably from India and did not make any derogatory or otherwise negative comments about them.
It is also clear that many people agreed with Mr Tan or at least found his comment accurate and funny as there were at least 101 people to like his status.
Mr Tan has since removed the Facebook post after the heavy criticism received but he failed to remove the linked post on Twitter which still shows his post and some users comments in response.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP ministars cocoon in their mini palace avoiding those enclaves of foreigners. When they want a photo-op, they show up in those areas but the area has been sanitized by the forward party.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok to state the truth...........what so racist about it? Go fuck spiders lah, bunch of nimpoops...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The PAP ministars cocoon in their mini palace avoiding those enclaves of foreigners. When they want a photo-op, they show up in those areas but the area has been sanitized by the forward party.

That is how you create out of touch leaders. They stay in their Forbidden City in order to enjoy their decadent lifestyles. LOL.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i went to walmart and thought i was on another planet.

image.jpg

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Racist is when pnkie make orh faece statment to applease the Americas that when Chinese leeders needed to smoke. They jist open their windows.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
the almost never take public transport so how the FOOk would they know the start reality...
where i live, im reduecd to cycling more and more these days, coz the bues are so FOOking crowded and sometimes, so smelly of sweat etc its FOOking unbearable
if that makes be xenophobic, then so be it

some only knowhow to scold scold scold and FOOking scold,

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
The facts are there are too many foreigner workers in this small island called Singapore.
He's only stating the truth.There are too many hypocrites who think they have a higher moral
ground but can't handle the truth.Truth hurts.U can also be sued for telling the truth.:cool:

driedmermaid

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG is sad lost and blind. PAP supporters were so, opposition even much more so. Fuckup country has no future. All must die.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You know something. Let's assume tan kin lian says he thinks he was in china in say geylang. That wouldn't be racist. It's good to see sinkies stand up against this fucking BS of fake racism that shit skins use all the time.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL's remark wasn't racist. He was merely stating the fact that a carriage full of South Asians made him feel that he was in some part of India.

(I once walked past and smelt a greengrocer's selling durians in Toronto's Chinatown in the midst of winter and remarked to my wife, "Reminds me of home".)

Racist is when you make a derogatory remark about a particular race, e.g. I stepped onto a carriage full of dark bodies and was reminded of the phrase 'the great unwashed masses'.

TKL didn't say anything derogatory.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former NSP Secretary General Goh Meng Seng has explained that he plans to contest in the next general election.Updating the public on this facebook page, he said this:For many friends who are very concerned about my political path ahead and keep asking me this question:Are you coming back to politics to contest in coming GE?At this stage, I can give a definite answer to all of you, with the blessings of my wife, YES, I will be back in politics to contest in the coming GE.Will I form my own party or join any party?I have not made up my mind yet but you will know very soon, once I do.*Article first appeared on*https://www.facebook.com/gohmengseng.freedom/posts/10204980323000971

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TKL's street cred just went up a few notches.
Only elites living in ivory towers would disagree with tkl's comments