• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

M Ravi to Ass Loon: I am Coming for You in the Next GE!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]HUMAN RIGHTS LAWYER M RAVI: I WILL CONTEST IN THE NEXT GENERAL ELECTION IN ANG MO KIO[/h]
Post date:
2 Feb 2015 - 10:58pm

Prominent Human Rights Lawyer M Ravi has announced today that he will be standing in the next general election as an independent candidate not under any political party in the constituency of Ang Mo Kio.

In a press conference this afternoon, M Ravi explained that the government has not given due respect to Singaporeans and has repeatedly put the interests of foreigners above those of Singaporeans.

He said that he will run for office pushing for Singaporeans to be put first.

M Ravi also touched on many issues which he would fight for if he was voted in including making all four languages compulsory in schools to promote equality.
He also said that he aspires to be the Prime Minister one day.

Asked why he wants to contest in Ang Mo Kio, M Ravi explained that it is a constituency close to his heart with many of his relatives living there.

He also noted that one of the issues which had made him passionate about contesting was the recent defamation suit brought by PM Lee against blogger Roy Ngerng which he is representing Roy in.

M Ravi said that he wanted to run in Mr Lee’s constituency.

He also announced that he has already set aside $1 million which he has earned through his work as a lawyer fighting for those shunned by other lawyers and this money would be used for his campaign.

More details about his manifesto will be released on Friday.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP should vacate that ward for Ravi.

Ravi may be crazy, but he is crazy for the right reason. Damn LHL and the PAP.

If you have invested $10k a year for the last 30 years in the S&P ETF, you would have gotten $1.3 million in your CPF. But the PAP decided that it wants to rob you. So, it uses your money to make tons of money for itself and then give you a pittance $450k for the 30 years you have put your money in the CPF.
$850k is the amount that the CPF robbed you off!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i swear to god this country is crazy....everyone seems to be out for the money or the glory be it the PAP or the opposition.

looks like there is very little difference between PAP or the opposition,both sides seems to be full of self serving nutjobs who are either in it for the money,the potential payout or the fame.

GMS,CSJ,CSM,nicole seah and now this guy.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
then bungle the filling of form in the last minute.......and complain of death threats and strange calls.........

..........but I support Ravi........he has proven himself much more than the rest of the MPs, opp MPs included.........

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bad move IMO. Politics is a different ball game from what he usually does. Politicians are not at liberty to do or say many things as compare to non politicians. For example, dancing round a tree does not have any bearing on his profession as a lawyers but will instantly become a liability to him as politician. No one will want to vote for someone they perceive as mentally unstable.

Moreover fighting election is a huge logistical exercise. Does he has the resources to organise an effective campaign? I have my doubt.

Ravi should continue to do what GE does best..launch more constitutional challenge on gov. Leave politics to political parties.

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A bad move IMO. Politics is a different ball game from what he usually does. Politicians are not at liberty to do or say many things as compare to non politicians. For example, dancing round a tree does not have any bearing on his profession as a lawyers but will instantly become a liability to him as politician. No one will want to vote for someone they perceive as mentally unstable.

Moreover fighting election is a huge logistical exercise. Does he has the resources to organise an effective campaign? I have my doubt.

Ravi just needs ground operators to go door-to-door to whack the PAP. The PAP has soiled itself so badly that laying out the facts is sufficient to do them in. All that is needed is to have supporters go spread the word of how the PAP has screwed sinkees.

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"M Ravi also touched on many issues which he would fight for if he was voted in including making all four languages compulsory in schools to promote equality."
Source : http://therealsingapore.com/content...will-contest-next-general-election-ang-mo-kio

LKY's compulsory bilingual education system has already caused countless cohorts of Singaporeans so much suffering, and now M Ravi, if elected, wants to force a compulsory tetralingual / quadrilingual education system on Singaporean children? Lol.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sinkies are still a conservative lot, at this time majority of sinkies will not vote an openly gay candidate. Please tell me I'm wrong.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, integrity and personality are the basics in politics. Singaporeans have been cheated far too many times. Depending on how angry and mad the residents of AMK are, decisions will come from the heart instead of the head. When people have been oppressed and restricted for too long, all logic and rational thinking will succumb to anger.
See how that guy in Lakeside Condo exploded?
I will even support a OKT if he stands in Jalan Besar. I am voting out PAP not him! We need a change.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I will even support a OKT if he stands in Jalan Besar. I am voting out PAP not him! We need a change.

I will even support GMS if he stands against the PAP in an SMC, provided it's not a multi-cornered fight :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Bytheway, JW5 is right, madcow will run for next GE! Hoorah! :p:p:p

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
End of the day you may have best person /group to fight against pap but voters still blind also no point :biggrin:

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Former NSP Secretary General Goh Meng Seng has explained that he plans to contest in the next general election.Updating the public on this facebook page, he said this:For many friends who are very concerned about my political path ahead and keep asking me this question:Are you coming back to politics to contest in coming GE?At this stage, I can give a definite answer to all of you, with the blessings of my wife, YES, I will be back in politics to contest in the coming GE.Will I form my own party or join any party?I have not made up my mind yet but you will know very soon, once I do.*Article first appeared on*https://www.facebook.com/gohmengseng.freedom/posts/10204980323000971