• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singtel, Staarhub or M1: fibre broadband

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its bullshit man, I stay in an apartment, 3 years ago OpenNet cant install in my building, after 3 years they still say they cant do it, want to upgrade also cannot. Now I'm stuck with SingTel ADSL without contract, wtf....

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
they are the same gang that control the subscription rate and make it looks as though there is "real" competition and not another gahmen's monopoly

ynk2252

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was using starhub cable and the internet speed was ok most of the time but slowed down considerably causing difficulty in connecting or hanging at times.

After switching to Singtel openet all the problems were resolved.

nato33

Alfrescian
Loyal
Changed from horrible, terrible, miserable Shitel Cable to Starhub 200 Fibre and all is well except for the occasional 1 to 2 minutes interruption, usually during night.

Think Fibre (any Telco) is way to go as many of the old cable infrastructure is damn jialat liao. Shitel Technician told me so himself when during one of their many visits to my place to repair. Said the lines underground in my Estate all old liao and unless convert to newly laid Fibre network, not much can be done.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
which planet and what era do you come from? large companies in sg don't lease t1 nor ds3 anymore. they lease ethernet private line and gigabit access to tier 1 providers. all telcos and isp's in the world sign up as many customers as possible on limited bandwidth and network resources. that's called over-subscription, which is perfectly reasonable and a "best practice" among providers. throttling happens all the time when there's congestion, high volume p2p traffic, and what seems like traffic storms as networks have to protect themselves from ddos, syn attacks, and hacks. choke routers, firewalls and dmz's are in place in all isp networks for acl, rate limit and protection. i don't think you have a clue what you're talking about.

Let's not nit pick about what is current technology. Private companies will choose the technologies that suite their budget. I have heard that some companies are still use Novell Netware.
The bigger picture is that service levels in Spore will never improve as long as the GLCs have a monopoly. It is worse in Spore because the GLCs have the full backing of the PAP gov't. If you look at the CEO of Singtel you will even find a familial connection:rolleyes:

It's all about the bottom line & not with service levels & customer satisfaction.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was using starhub cable and the internet speed was ok most of the time but slowed down considerably causing difficulty in connecting or hanging at times.

After switching to Singtel openet all the problems were resolved.

Speeds will suffer if you are living in a HDB estate because you will be shariing the "green pipe" with other users in your estate.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's not nit pick about what is current technology. Private companies will choose the technologies that suite their budget. I have heard that some companies are still use Novell Netware.
The bigger picture is that service levels in Spore will never improve as long as the GLCs have a monopoly. It is worse in Spore because the GLCs have the full backing of the PAP gov't. If you look at the CEO of Singtel you will even find a familial connection:rolleyes:

It's all about the bottom line & not with service levels & customer satisfaction.

wait till you pay for broadband service in the u.s. :rolleyes:

i have used broadband services in sg for both corporate and consumer purposes, and they are excellent compared to what's generally available in the u.s.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wait till you pay for broadband service in the u.s. :rolleyes:

i have used broadband services in sg for both corporate and consumer purposes, and they are excellent compared to what's generally available in the u.s.

I was working for an American MNC in Spore. If I was a US citizen & working in the US office my pay grade would have been higher i.e. my pay would have been much higher than what I was earning in Spore. Heck with the higher wages I wouldn't complain about the cheaper prices in the US. I notice that the internet speeds in the US appeared to be more responsive but that is because the servers I accessed were located in the US

If I lived in the US I could buy things from Amazon & get free shipping. I currently have to pay a freight forwarder to ship to Spore. As a US consumers I could return things, this is something a Sporean buying from Amazon can't do because of the expense of shipping.

If I used a US credit card I would enjoy some protection unlike if I used a Spore issued CC. I found out about this the hard way when I ordered something that I never received. When I went to my local bank to reverse the charges I found out that as a Sporean I did not have the same consimer protection that is available in the US.

Whenever I went to the US on company business I would go on shopping spree & load up with plenty of goodies before returning to Spore. As a matter of fact whenever a colleague went to the US we Sporeans would provide him/herwith our shopping list:biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was working for an American MNC in Spore. If I was a US citizen & working in the US office my pay grade would have been higher i.e. my pay would have been much higher than what I was earning in Spore. Heck with the higher wages I wouldn't complain about the cheaper prices in the US. I notice that the internet speeds in the US appeared to be more responsive but that is because the servers I accessed were located in the US

If I lived in the US I could buy things from Amazon & get free shipping. I currently have to pay a freight forwarder to ship to Spore. As a US consumers I could return things, this is something a Sporean buying from Amazon can't do because of the expense of shipping.

If I used a US credit card I would enjoy some protection unlike if I used a Spore issued CC. I found out about this the hard way when I ordered something that I never received. When I went to my local bank to reverse the charges I found out that as a Sporean I did not have the same consimer protection that is available in the US.

Whenever I went to the US on company business I would go on shopping spree & load up with plenty of goodies before returning to Spore. As a matter of fact whenever a colleague went to the US we Sporeans would provide him/herwith our shopping list:biggrin:

you are just another sinkie side-stepping the debate at hand when faced with facts and stark reality. if the u.s. are so good to you, why don't you fuck back to the u.s. and stop kpkb'ing about sg? another whiner whining for whining sake.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both M1 & My Republic offer 1GB connection for $49. You can read what others think of their service at fuckwarezone forums in their "The Next Generation Broadband Network (NGBN) Forum "
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/next-generation-broadband-network-ngbn-forum-320/

The more reliable connection is also the more expensive connection provided by Viewquest.

Also look under "Internet Bandwidth & Networking Clinic " in the same forum
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/internet-bandwidth-networking-clinic-4/

Thanks for the link, will take a look.
So far there is some feedback on Singtel and Starhub, though have not seen any on M1 over here.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you are just another sinkie side-stepping the debate at hand when faced with facts and stark reality. if the u.s. are so good to you, why don't you fuck back to the u.s. and stop kpkb'ing about sg? another whiner whining for whining sake.

If I had to chose between US & Canada I would chose Canada. Probably because I have more friends & relatives there. That is if I had to work, which fortunately I don't have to:smile:

For family reasons I am still in Spore & when I need some fresh air I make frequent trips to Indonesia, Malaysia & Thailand.
Anyone who has eyes can see that there are problems in Spore. Much of the problems lie with what the PAP has become & that is why I am so critical of all things PAP.

I am surprised that for someone who seems to know about life in the US you are are so critical :confused: You remind me of a Sporean claiming to live in Canada who would post only negative things about Canada. In reality many people who have been to Canada would be very happy to emigrate there.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the link, will take a look.
So far there is some feedback on Singtel and Starhub, though have not seen any on M1 over here.

M1's 1GB package was introduced about 6+ months ago. Obviously in response to My Republics 1GB offering.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I had to chose between US & Canada I would chose Canada. Probably because I have more friends & relatives there. That is if I had to work, which fortunately I don't have to:smile:

For family reasons I am still in Spore & when I need some fresh air I make frequent trips to Indonesia, Malaysia & Thailand.
Anyone who has eyes can see that there are problems in Spore. Much of the problems lie with what the PAP has become & that is why I am so critical of all things PAP.

I am surprised that for someone who seems to know about life in the US you are are so critical :confused: You remind me of a Sporean claiming to live in Canada who would post only negative things about Canada. In reality many people who have been to Canada would be very happy to emigrate there.

if you live in the u.s. for over 30 years, you'll learn that it's a dysfunctional cuntry politically, financially, and socially. the only saving grace is in small groups of people who believe in making life better for themselves and their communities despite the rampant corruption, cronyism, dishonesty, crime, hypocrisy, high taxes, misuse of funds, nastiness, violence, hatred, whining, negativity and mean-spiritedness.

you should thank your lucky stars that sg affords you to kpkb online, allows you to have enough money to kiau kar and chobolan, makes it easy and convenient for you to travel around, enjoy the security, safety and shiokness of sg, yet complain constantly about not having your cake and eating it too.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if you live in the u.s. for over 30 years, you'll learn that it's a dysfunctional cuntry politically, financially, and socially. the only saving grace is in small groups of people who believe in making life better for themselves and their communities despite the rampant corruption, cronyism, dishonesty, crime, hypocrisy, high taxes, misuse of funds, nastiness, violence, hatred, whining, negativity and mean-spiritedness.

you should thank your lucky stars that sg affords you to kpkb online, allows you to have enough money to kiau kar and chobolan, makes it easy and convenient for you to travel around, enjoy the security, safety and shiokness of sg, yet complain constantly about not having your cake and eating it too.

Well no one is stopping you from returning to Spore:wink: If you have a US passport you can even go to Canada.

Ehh.. wait a minute have you served NS:confused: Maybe it is not such a good idea because it would be strange to see a 30 to 50+ year old serving NS:o

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well no one is stopping you from returning to Spore:wink: If you have a US passport you can even go to Canada.

Ehh.. wait a minute have you served NS:confused: Maybe it is not such a good idea because it would be strange to see a 30 to 50+ year old serving NS:o

not only served ns, fulfilled my bond too. :wink:

you remind me of a sinkie scumbag who complained about a hooker he engaged for a night for being too young with tiny nipples. yet, after lecturing her about the perils of working as a prostitute at such a young age, he went on to fuck her all night.....raw.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Same to you. If Singapore is so good why the fuck you left for Frisco?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not only served ns, fulfilled my bond too. :wink:

you remind me of a sinkie scumbag who complained about a hooker he engaged for a night for being too young with tiny nipples. yet, after lecturing her about the perils of working as a prostitute at such a young age, he went on to fuck her all night.....raw.

Is that you Sammy:confused: I thought your place was in Toa Payoh:smile:

It is difficult to belief your claim that you have been in the US for 30 years & yet you are still coming back to claim rent. Many savy Sporeans would have exchanged their passport ASAP to retrieve their CPF.