• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Workers' Party Serves Excellent Beef Balls!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Best Beefballs Opposite Workers' Party HQ

Very good handmade beef balls...fresh and very "cheng" beehoon soup...

This place is directly opposite WP HQ...:biggrin:

GarLok Kopitiam

Order a $5 bowl....damn shiok....

The homemade chili also shiok shiok...

Vote Workers' Party Best Beef Balls :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
halo jiak leow kio tio amk grc gu lan si boh

hehehehe.... Bo lah...:biggrin:

actually hor...i want to go back there try the Jipun Bak Chor Mee...saw news the other day... this Jipun Bak chor mee is also opposite WP HQ on the other side....hehehehe :biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
hows the jipun meepok? taste like udon rite?

neber try lah...after eating 7 huge beef balls and beehoon, si bei full already...how to eat some more? :biggrin:

next visit there to WP HQ, I try Jipun Bak Chor Mee...just now i look inside...damn crowded siah...even at 2pm +

yourlaubu

Alfrescian
Loyal
this one also looks good

Capture1.JPG

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
because the cow lau sai :biggrin:

whahahaha :biggrin:

actually hor...i also thot so why so pale...i think becos we too used to those commercially made beef balls which they add lots of additives...this one not much tau chio or dark sauce lah :biggrin:

Last edited:

JoverChew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Review on the Net...

Gar Lok Eating House, Syed Alwi Road

1+IMG_5538.JPG

My new resolution is to meet up with my friends at least once a month. That way, instead of seeing my friends just once a year, I get to see each of them at least 12 times a year. I met up with Kang over the weekend. It was just as well because he originally planned to eat Hakka beef balls at a coffeeshop near my house.

This newspaper-endorsed Hakka stall selling abacus seeds, soon kueh, yong tau foo and beef balls does the most brisk business in this old-school coffeeshop.

I usually hate beef balls, but these fresh handmade Beef Balls ($4) were devoid of any gamey taste and very clean in flavour, with the slightest taste of beef. They had a delectable bouncy, chunky texture and the clear soup base was also uncharacteristically delicate and light.

The stall also sells Hakka Yong Tau Foo ($4), in a clear, light and clean soup base, sweetened by yellow beans. Unlike other yong tau foo stalls, the ingredients are standard and fixed. I liked the freshness of the ingredients and how clear and light the soup was.

1+IMG_5532.JPG

The Hakka Yong Tau Foo Stall Front

1+IMG_5542.JPG

The Hakka Beef Ball Stall Front

1+IMG_5545.JPG

The Beef House

Tel: 9821 5463 / 9665 4919
Open daily from 8am to 6pm, closed on Fridays