• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Snatch thief at People's Park Complex runs out of breath while fleeing

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The New PaperSaturday, Jan 31, 2015
20150129_theft_wanbao.jpg
he 56-year-old man (in striped shirt) ran out of breath while trying to flee with $4,000 and was caught by a security guard, Mr Jason.
8 1 0
Print
He snatched $4,000 in cash and ran, but did not get far.
The 56-year-old man had barely run 30m before he ran out of breath and was pinned down by security.
Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that the incident happened on Tuesday at around 3.20pm.
The man snatched the money from a customer in front of a remittance service counter on the second storey of People's Park Complex.
The security guard, who gave his name as Mr Jason, said: "I thought the two men knew each other and were just playing, but then I heard shouting and saw the man run down the stairs.
"It was then I knew something was wrong and I gave chase."
PANTING
Mr Jason did not have to chase the man very far.
Passers-by said the man had run out of breath and starting panting heavily by the time he got out of the complex.
Mr Jason jumped on him, pinning him to the ground.
"After he was pinned down, he kept reaching for his back pocket, like he was looking for something," said Mr Jason, who confiscated a 10cm-long knife from the man's pocket.
"I guess he was trying to get the knife and escape."
Two other security guards helped Mr Jason as they waited for the police to arrive. The police said they received a call at 3.22pm.
A police spokesman said: "A 56-year-old man was arrested for suspicion of theft. Police investigations are ongoing."
Mr Jason returned the money to the owner.
He said: "It's my job. My other colleagues would have done the same."

This article was first published on Jan 29, 2015.
Get The New Paper for more stories.
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...out-breath-while-fleeing#sthash.bkbMFziZ.dpuf

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
The New PaperSaturday, Jan 31, 2015
20150129_theft_wanbao.jpg
he 56-year-old man (in striped shirt) ran out of breath while trying to flee with $4,000 and was caught by a security guard, Mr Jason.
8 1 0
Print
He snatched $4,000 in cash and ran, but did not get far.
The 56-year-old man had barely run 30m before he ran out of breath and was pinned down by security.
Chinese daily Lianhe Wanbao reported that the incident happened on Tuesday at around 3.20pm.
The man snatched the money from a customer in front of a remittance service counter on the second storey of People's Park Complex.
The security guard, who gave his name as Mr Jason, said: "I thought the two men knew each other and were just playing, but then I heard shouting and saw the man run down the stairs.
"It was then I knew something was wrong and I gave chase."
PANTING
Mr Jason did not have to chase the man very far.
Passers-by said the man had run out of breath and starting panting heavily by the time he got out of the complex.
Mr Jason jumped on him, pinning him to the ground.
"After he was pinned down, he kept reaching for his back pocket, like he was looking for something," said Mr Jason, who confiscated a 10cm-long knife from the man's pocket.
"I guess he was trying to get the knife and escape."
Two other security guards helped Mr Jason as they waited for the police to arrive. The police said they received a call at 3.22pm.
A police spokesman said: "A 56-year-old man was arrested for suspicion of theft. Police investigations are ongoing."
Mr Jason returned the money to the owner.
He said: "It's my job. My other colleagues would have done the same."

This article was first published on Jan 29, 2015.
Get The New Paper for more stories.
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...out-breath-while-fleeing#sthash.bkbMFziZ.dpuf

What a disgrace! Out of shape and still want to be snatch thief!

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I once saw a young guy run out of the MRT station with one of the staff chasing him. He got away when the MRT staff stopped chasing him shortly after. Not really surprising he gave up the chase because how many people would bother to catch a fare cheat:confused:

ynk2252

Alfrescian
Loyal
I once saw a young guy run out of the MRT station with one of the staff chasing him. He got away when the MRT staff stopped chasing him shortly after. Not really surprising he gave up the chase because how many people would bother to catch a fare cheat:confused:

The young guy, what was his race?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
IPPT should be extended to 65 also or.......

that way when its time to run road , we can run faster.....

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This snatch thief deserves to get caught. He did not invest time to plan the heist. Rule #1, you need a getaway. Where was his accomplice waiting with a motorcycle (with the engine runnning)? :biggrin: