• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore now the Most Expensive City in the World!! WTF!!

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
But is our salaries the highest??

SINGAPORE — Singapore has topped the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) list of the world’s most expensive cities to live in, according to the 2014 list released yesterday (this morning, March 4, Singapore time).

Singapore jumped five places from No 6 last year to top this year’s list after rising in the list in recent years. The city was ranked No 18 a decade ago in the EIU's Worldwide Cost of Living Survey.

The Republic’s strong currency, which has appreciated about 40 per cent over the past decade, combined with soaring utility bills and the high cost of car ownership contributed to Singapore’s rise in the list, according to the EIU. Singapore is also the most expensive place in the world to buy clothes.

Paris, Oslo, Zurich and Sydney also made the top five of the EIU list. Tokyo, the most expensive city to live in for 2013, fell to joint sixth place alongside Caracas, Geneva and Melbourne. At No 10 is Copenhagen.

“Improving sentiment in structurally expensive European cities combined with the continued rise of Asian hubs means that these two regions continue to supply most of the world’s most expensive cities,” said Mr Jon Copestake, the editor of the EIU report.

“But Asian cities also continue to make up many of the world’s cheapest, especially in the Indian subcontinent.”

Predominantly higher costs of groceries has been singled out as a reason for most Asian cities figuring highly in this year’s list, with Tokyo still at the top of the list for everyday food items.

The EIU’s Worldwide Cost of Living Survey, which is published twice a year, compares more than 400 individual prices across 160 products and services including food, clothing, household supplies, home rentals, transport and utility prices. All cities are compared against New York City as a base.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's hear it from Lee Hsien Loong. :biggrin:

redwire-pmlee-fb-education.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's not expensive for me. I earn my salary in Sing dollar. When the dollar appreciates due to PAP fiscal policy and prudent leadership, my vacations get cheaper and my foreign workers more appreciative that they can work in Singapore rather in their toilet country back home.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not expensive for me. I earn my salary in Sing dollar. When the dollar appreciates due to PAP fiscal policy and prudent leadership, my vacations get cheaper and my foreign workers more appreciative that they can work in Singapore rather in their toilet country back home.

If u so rich, how about donating some of the dough to the needy!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If u so rich, how about donating some of the dough to the needy!

I actually do make a small donation to directly to charitable organizations, over and above giving of my time to serving the community as a grassroots volunteer. Helping others can help bring meaning to your life.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I actually do make a small donation to directly to charitable organizations, over and above giving of my time to serving the community as a grassroots volunteer. Helping others can help bring meaning to your life.

John, your profile photo speaks volumes on who you are and what you are here to do....... mainly, being a cowardly traitor to your own people by betraying them and sucking up to the bad guys.... Clap, clap.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

You should donate yr money in a meaningful way to me as only I. Only i can. help pass the words around that you r true to yr deed n not just hot air. By the way, i only take cash n us $ is preferred as sink $ has sunk.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why pinky said as long as we improve our education we can do better jobs and earn better incomes, but pap is telling sinkies not to study too high?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Top quality cities are always expensive. It reflects the high demand for goods and services, the high spending power of the inhabitants and an international reputation for being safe, reliable and viable over the long term.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some other repost will be commissioned by the authorities to show that singapore is NOT the most expensive city.
But highest paid ministers, just diam diam la. no study needed.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Why don't you show proof here of your generous donations....don't forget you donate to PxP every month too in all sort of taxes..me too!. I donated to the best government on this earth...& even gave my hard earned blood sweat & tears money, monthly in the form of CPF to them...that is a "charitable organisation"...I am ready helping others....no need to volunteer...I HAVE ALREADY VOLUNTEERED..sic!:rolleyes:

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WOOT ! With the highest paid ministers in the world we become the most expensive city in the world ! Well done, well done !

HAIL PAP !!! Banzai !!!

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes! only our Ministers are the HIGHEST PAID IN THE WORLD!!!

But NOT the workers we are being paid slightly higher compered to Bangla salary!!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset

Singapore has more new millionaires than anywhere else on earth.

Not everyones salary is high but if you're capable and hardworking, the sky is the limit.

If you're lazy and useless you don't deserve a high salary in the first place.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has more new millionaires than anywhere else on earth.

Not everyones salary is high but if you're capable and hardworking, the sky is the limit.

If you're lazy and useless you don't deserve a high salary in the first place.
Ha ha if majority r not able to keep up with costs, it will show up in upcoming elections. Will we have a 'Greek' moment?

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Ha ha if majority r not able to keep up with costs, it will show up in upcoming elections. Will we have a 'Greek' moment?

The majority of Singaporeans have no problems living the good life. There are a minority of losers who are having trouble making ends meet but that isn't the fault of the PAP. It's their own fault.