• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

paging hokkien...where is the best hokkien mee?

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Toa Payoh Loring 1 block 129??
That one is Tian Tian Hokkien mee on the 2nd flr facing the Chey Sua crispy fried carrot cake. That one is a bit overhyped but its good though if you eat it occasionally. I still prefer my Eng Kee hokkien mee at Lor 8 kawker centre, which is next to the famous fishball noodle stall, helmed by Jip Poon Kiah, formerly from the old cuppage.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
One thing I dun like about nam sing is they got no sambal chilli....only cut chilli.
Geylang lor 29 has the best wok hei.....good for those who prefer wet type

Try the one in the front row (facing main road)..got super hot sambal chilli. I think better than most
of the rest in Kallang Airport

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unfortunately, sinkies' taste for the best fried hokkien mee has changed. most will post slimy, gluey, wet hokkien mee with a lot of seafood ingredients, especially large prawns, forgetting that solid hokkien mee is in the way the combination of yellow and rice noodles is fried and how the combo tastes, with sauce and sambal. most important for me is caramelization of both yellow and rice noodles (tua bee hoon, vermicelli will not do). caramelization with heat retained in noodles indicates great wok hei and skillful frying techniques, ways of master fried hokkien mee chefs that are lost today in sg.

this one from cum daily in toa payoh, although rated highly by sinkies, is not good enough on my list.

image.jpg