• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sound, Vibration, Disturbance Proof Rooms

huatah

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I have. In fact, what I do is put on army style foam ear plugs (I am aware that there are custom made ones - any comments on those), wear the headphones and on soothing classical music. Then when I hear the noises that irritate me, I on the sound cancelling function. It is a great improvement from just ear plugs, but some noises still get through and can be quite persistent. The short bursts of sound that go away quickly are fine except sneezers that do it like thunder and in a series those can get me fuming for at least 15 minutes. Also it's quite uncomfortable when done for long periods. I can do without the windows.

I heard headphone can cause hearing loss if use over long period.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what you need is a Semi-anechoic chambers. if vibration is also involved, you need a floating floor, sound absorbent wedges

Why semi when I can have fully anechoic
Twenty four hours or longer should be no problem
Just find way to deliver my char kway teow
Without opening door and my ammonia discharge
Can be stored in some kind of container
And not forgetting a leased line to the exchange

[video=youtube;mXVGIb3bzHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl=85027636&v=mXVGIb3bzHI&x-yt-ts=1422503916[/video]

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anybody knows what is involved in:

a) renovating a room so that it is sound and disturbance proof;

b) cost involved and whether local contractors in Sinkieland and surrounding Southeast Asian countries have the required expertise and if so which are the ones;

c) whether it is viable for apartments and/or terrace and semi-detached houses as opposed to detached landed properties;

d) doable or not with windows (say double or triple or quadruple glazed); and

e) any other useful pointers.

I wouldn't be asking these questions if I can afford a private island, but the latter comes with its own set of problems. :biggrin:

why you want to hide the fact you are using a vibrator.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DO NOT DISTURB!

[video=youtube;i7sCxS6N3-4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7sCxS6N3-4[/video]

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
seinheisser?

Don't buy anything that says BOSE, I have a f*^$#@#king experience with their customer service & their customer service centre but was so f$%$% difficult to locate plus the fact that you pay premium for their overhype products & they are so cheapo!!! with the service centre...btw!..their products sucks!..NO BOSE!

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically anything that will disturb my line of thinking or cause me to be irritated. I need to be an emotionless robot to make buy and sell decisions if you know what I mean. I am always there and my instinct seems to be usually right but construction noise, neighbour noise, idiot ah pek cough and sneeze like thunder, a thousand and one things always crop up. The only time I recall being insanely jealous is when my high school classmate showed me the sound proof room in his house but it is not adequate as there are no windows so no natural light. :biggrin:

u need a clear mind just like any general in a war zone. u cannot isolate noise to isolate yourself. embrace them join them if not beat them at this game. i suggest u get the the best Hifi money can buy and hook up to your home entertainment system and play the best JAV movie n share it. all other noises will subside by the mother of all voices, intrigued by it and seduced by the inner self to want it. when the movie end, all will be asking for more.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anybody knows what is involved in:

a) renovating a room so that it is sound and disturbance proof;

b) cost involved and whether local contractors in Sinkieland and surrounding Southeast Asian countries have the required expertise and if so which are the ones;

c) whether it is viable for apartments and/or terrace and semi-detached houses as opposed to detached landed properties;

d) doable or not with windows (say double or triple or quadruple glazed); and

e) any other useful pointers.

I wouldn't be asking these questions if I can afford a private island, but the latter comes with its own set of problems. :biggrin:

Aiyah... U pay me consultant fee can?

1st type is recording studio type:

Another version is IMH's psychiatric seclusion room

Which type you want?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how's your sound proofing project coming along, bro?

Basically haven’t started yet!

First and foremost I need to find a suitable HOUSE to BUY.

(a) Apartments not suitable since there will a lot of sources for noise - renovation, cleaning and other workers, neighbours left right upstairs downstairs and wtf, etc, etc

(b) If found suitable HOUSE, preferably no adjoining walls with any other structure outside my control - basically means bungalow - may not need a sound proof room. Quiet area - no highways or main roads, no commercial activities nearby, etc. No noise from house’s structures eg I stayed in cluster house and there was noise from the ceiling in morning and afternoon whenever there is hot sun - probably from expanding of metallic parts in roof structure.

(c) Must BUY and not rent, since if need to build sound proof room cannot do so on rented property. Can rent first to try out neighbourhoods, various type of houses, etc

........ Got to go now ........ may continue another time .......... renovation noises on and off on and off on and off have been disturbing me the whole morning since I woke up ......... need to get out to improve my mood ......... damn these renovation, DIY, whatever BASTARDS ........ may they die a painful death .........

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need bunkalow.. just call up hearing aid centers and visit them for free checkup, u can see how this is easily done

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically haven’t started yet!

First and foremost I need to find a suitable HOUSE to BUY.

(a) Apartments not suitable since there will a lot of sources for noise - renovation, cleaning and other workers, neighbours left right upstairs downstairs and wtf, etc, etc

(b) If found suitable HOUSE, preferably no adjoining walls with any other structure outside my control - basically means bungalow - may not need a sound proof room. Quiet area - no highways or main roads, no commercial activities nearby, etc. No noise from house’s structures eg I stayed in cluster house and there was noise from the ceiling in morning and afternoon whenever there is hot sun - probably from expanding of metallic parts in roof structure.

(c) Must BUY and not rent, since if need to build sound proof room cannot do so on rented property. Can rent first to try out neighbourhoods, various type of houses, etc

........ Got to go now ........ may continue another time .......... renovation noises on and off on and off on and off have been disturbing me the whole morning since I woke up ......... need to get out to improve my mood ......... damn these renovation, DIY, whatever BASTARDS ........ may they die a painful death .........

In Malaysia you need to buy not just a bungalow but one with big land all around it to prevent noises from selfish bastard neighbours that will disturb you with anything from their dogs to chickens to firecrackers.