• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jap FT opens meepok stall in singapore

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup all because he's jap well he's supposed to be more highly regarded.

cClbC2X.png
[/URL]

日籍财务主管放弃高薪移居我国当小贩,每天花12小时勤练三个月,日煮200碗面薄让师傅试吃,终让师傅点头让他顶下面摊。

栗原直次(47岁)原本在日本关东群马县的三洋电子(Sanyo Electronics)公司当财务主管。

他在2001年被派到新加坡工作后,就爱上这里的天气和环境。

2005年,他辞职后和妻子(44岁)与一对儿女移居新加坡,开始在咖啡店卖日本料理。

日练12小时,顶下面薄摊。完整报道,请翻阅28.01.2015《新明日报》。

SunShangXiang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone tried tasting them? Pointless if different from local style. Just like Tiong operators of local dishes, they don't bother with the local recipe and cook it China style. Business waiting to wind up. :biggrin:

Lockheed

Alfrescian
Loyal

Has anyone tried them? Pointless if different from local style. Just like Tiong operators of local dishes where they don't bother with the local recipe or gathering feedbacks from customers and instead cook it China style. Business waiting to wind up. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have worked with japanese before and i always take their sincerity with a pinch of salt. cos it's their culture that they bow here and there to show their manners. this mee pok seller probably taken in and moved by this jap's fake sincerity, that' s why he taught him how to cook good mee pok. just a twinkling thought...some may have experienced genuinely good jap pple but they are rare.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
besides, look at abe and his pack of nihon ministers, on one hand they visited their world war 2 shrine and on the other, they apologised to china for their cruel acts.
then they deny any wrong doings in the war...and also refused to publish any related cruel acts carried out by them on the civilians, even in their own school textbooks.

tell me where is the element of sincerity?:rolleyes:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A bowl of mee pok can only sell for about $3.50, unlike pasta which can go for about $6 to $20, depending on the type of eatery you are operating. Hawkers are better off selling pasta instead of poor man's noodles. For the record, I do enjoy eating mee pok. But making a career out of is sad when you can try to do the same with pasta.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you should see the queue for tai hwa bak chor mee, you idiot...:rolleyes:

A bowl of mee pok can only sell for about $3.50, unlike pasta which can go for about $6 to $20, depending on the type of eatery you are operating. Hawkers are better off selling pasta instead of poor man's noodles. For the record, I do enjoy eating mee pok. But making a career out of is sad when you can try to do the same with pasta.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
you should see the queue for tai hwa bak chor mee, you idiot...:rolleyes:

You should go see the queue for pastamania. One plate of pasta sells for at least double your bak chor mee, and they have many branches. Your tai hwa bak chor mee has how many branches?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if tai hwa start franchising, then you will know the power.:rolleyes:

You should go see the queue for pastamania. One plate of pasta sells for at least double your bak chor mee, and they have many branches. Your tai hwa bak chor mee has how many branches?

master

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chilli crab at former turf club bukit timah now taste very very different from local.
Taste like crab cooked with curry fish head curry powder!!!!!!!!
I nearly vomit.
Dont waste ur money n time there!!!!!!!!

harakirineh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buggero okama hennnakao, bak chor mee is way superior to pasta and far cheaper.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
besides, look at abe and his pack of nihon ministers, on one hand they visited their world war 2 shrine and on the other, they apologised to china for their cruel acts.
then they deny any wrong doings in the war...and also refused to publish any related cruel acts carried out by them on the civilians, even in their own school textbooks.

tell me where is the element of sincerity?:rolleyes:

i think you may be wrong, non of them had apologized. It would be a political suicide to do so. Whatever Abe and their ministers had done is for ther local politics consumption not foreigners to comment and criticize. War is war and people has to get over with it and move on.