• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Tech Question] Can you send GIF files via smartphones?

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've tried whassap, wechat, Line and even MMS.. all get received as a still picture :(

Only bluetooth file transfer works but that's not what I want to do.

Any one faced this problem before and cracked it?

Any messaging apps which supports this?

1422437302630.gif

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls ignore this.

I've tried whassap, wechat, Line and even MMS.. all get received as a still picture :(

1422437302630.gif

Last edited:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stupid fuck, can't you send via email? :rolleyes:

1422437302630.gif

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many alternatives......

Messages for iOS
Blackberry Messenger
Yahoo Messenger

......and any Email client....Yes, Krafty is right, just use EMAIL.......

Also, why not upload to any image site and then attach the link? Or perhaps can use Twitter...

Just so to let some of you know, Yahoo Messenger is still the best.
I just dun understand why you people stick with idiotic shit like whatsapp, line, viber, etc, whatever fuck..

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So many alternatives......

Messages for iOS
Blackberry Messenger
Yahoo Messenger

My chat group is on both Android and ios. And fuck blackberry.

......and any Email client....Yes, Krafty is right, just use EMAIL.......

Also, why not upload to any image site and then attach the link? Or perhaps can use Twitter...

Too troublesome. I just wanna post funny gifs on a group chat.

Just so to let some of you know, Yahoo Messenger is still the best.
I just dun understand why you people stick with idiotic shit like whatsapp, line, viber, etc, whatever fuck..

Does yahoo messenger support group chats?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can use BeejiveIM if you need group chat. Yahoo Messenger on smartphones does not have group chat feature.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Finally my wish is coming true...

GIF-sharing now available on WhatsApp for iPhone users

PUBLISHED 7 HOURS AGO

IPhone users can now share GIFs on WhatsApp, according to the latest update by the messaging service on the App Store.

In the update dated Nov 6, the Facebook-owned app informed users that they can now send and receive animated GIFs, short for Graphics Interchange Format.

They are short animated messages - without sound - that netizens regularly use to convey a reaction.

WhatsApp said videos that are six seconds or shorter can also be sent as GIFs - users need only to tap the GIF toggle after picking a video.

It also allows iOS' Live Photos to be sent as GIFs, although users will require an iPhone with 3D Touch.

An integrated search engine, powered by Tenor or Giphy, has been included for users to look for available GIFs.

These can be selected as "favourites" to be used again in the future.

While the feature is not yet available for Android users, The Telegraph reported that this is likely to come soon as a beta version of the app already has GIF support.