• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Problem getting an Apple iPhone?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In case you are wondering why it is so difficult to get an iPhone:smile:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/18...s-selling-74-5m-iphones-earning-18b-in-profit

Apple obliterates expectations, selling 74.5M iPhones & earning $18B in profit

Apple completely crushed not only its own all-time records, but also even the loftiest expectations on Wall Street on Tuesday, selling a whopping 74.5 million iPhones on its way to $18 billion in net profit in a single, massively successful quarter.

Apple posted record quarterly revenue of $74.6 billion, earning $3.06 per diluted share, for its first fiscal quarter of 2015. The company was led by a blockbuster quarter for the iPhone, in which it sold nearly 75 million units -- a year over year increase of 46 percent.

Mac sales were also at an all-time high at 5.52 million units, edging the company's previous-best in the preceding September quarter. The company's Mac hardware saw its numbers increase 14 percent year over year.
"Record sales of both the iPhone and Mac helped push Apple to the strongest quarter in the company's entire history."
iPad sales continued their decline, however, falling to 21.4 million units in the December frame. That was down 18 percent from the same period a year prior.

"We'd like to thank our customers for an incredible quarter, which saw demand for Apple products soar to an all-time high," said Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook. "Our revenue grew 30 percent over last year to $74.6 billion, and the execution by our teams to achieve these results was simply phenomenal."

Gross margin was also up to 39.9 percent this year, compared to 37.9 percent in the year-ago quarter. Apple also said that international sales accounted for 65 percent of the quarter's revenue.

Apple also announced that its App Store set a record performance in the holiday quarter. The company's "Services" revenue category, which includes the App Store, iTunes Store and other digital storefronts, reached $4.8 billion.

"Our exceptional results produced EPS growth of 48 percent over last year, and $33.7 billion in operating cash flow during the quarter, an all-time record," said Apple Chief Financial Officer Luca Maestri. "We spent over $8 billion on our capital return program, bringing total returns to investors to almost $103 billion, over $57 billion of which occurred in just the last 12 months."

Also on Tuesday, Apple provided investors with the following guidance for its fiscal 2015 second quarter:

revenue between $52 billion and $55 billion
gross margin between 38.5 percent and 39.5 percent
operating expenses between $5.4 billion and $5.5 billion
other income/(expense) of $350 million
tax rate of 26.3 percent

Finally, the Apple Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of 47 cents per share of its common stock. The dividend will be payable on Feb. 12, 2015, to shareholders of record as of the close of business on Feb. 9, 2015.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
most telling of all, first time ever, it took 1st spot in sales in china in the last quarter of 2014, beating xiaomeimei and samseng. xiaomi came in 2nd, and samsung 3rd. finally, the iphone (6) is capable of supporting 4g td-lte, which is the 4g standard used by china mobile. and tiong customers are willing to shell out extra money for more expensive versions. in hk and china now, if you don't carry an iphone 6 or 6+, you don't exist and should bury your face in gutter oil. :p

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I had no problem at all, ordered 2 units as gift for my staff last Monday afternoon and delivered Friday morning.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
in hk and china now, if you don't carry an iphone 6 or 6+, you don't exist and should bury your face in gutter oil. :p

Not far from you now. Arrived yesterday went straight to a small industrial town in Dongguan met with a few factory people all carried 6+ . . . . now this is not big city nor are they sophisticated city dwellers it's kampong kampong here. I'm impressed!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not far from you now. Arrived yesterday went straight to a small industrial town in Dongguan met with a few factory people all carried 6+ . . . . now this is not big city nor are they sophisticated city dwellers it's kampong kampong here. I'm impressed!

if apple were to make and sell a 6+++ in china, a.k.a. ipadphone, tiong farmers would be using it to wechat with their mistresses while feeding pigs. the more tua kee the better. going back to the days of dai gor dai.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
if apple were to make and sell a 6+++ in china, a.k.a. ipadphone, tiong farmers would be using it to wechat with their mistresses while feeding pigs. the more tua kee the better. going back to the days of dai gor dai.

When I told my friends and associates to get an Apple computer back in 1996. they all laughed at me. "Dying company!" was the common retort.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I told my friends and associates to get an Apple computer back in 1996. they all laughed at me. "Dying company!" was the common retort.

in 1996, an architect friend of mine listened to me, bought the mac for his office, and never looked back. he's now retired and carry a gold iphone 6+ to check the course map while playing golf. anything less would have been a disgrace.

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
An Iphone big screen was what everyone is waiting for.

I have 2 friends. One of them use to carry a samsung note and change to iphone 5. Saying the note screen is to big. Another friend refuse to change to big screen, saying the iphone 5 screen is enough for him. Now that the new iphone came out, they are the 1st few in the queue to get Iphone 6+.....:rolleyes:

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
An Iphone big screen was what everyone is waiting for.

iPhone users are just latching on to what Android users have been saying all along: big is better. Android phones 3 years ago were already sporting 4.7" to 5" screens and phablets 5.5" to 5.7" screens, while iPhones were stuck at 3.5" and 4.5".

It's actually to Apple's credit that they managed to hang on to so many loyal customers while shortchanging them on screen size and specs these past years.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

this shows 95% of the so called apple fans are nothing but bandwagoners and hello kitty collecting mtv hits listening herd culturists .....back in 2000 when i was a kid apple was nothing more than some faggy computer company selling some hippy 80s coloured unicorn shit....barely anyone mentioned it or thought of it.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
software upgrade for wi-fi calling is cumming. with it, you can call from your ipad, ipad mini, imac, and macbook air.

it is risky, what happen if there is no internet and wifi service?
i still prefer to have traditional phone line as backup.
please share more info with us :smile:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is risky, what happen if there is no internet and wifi service?
i still prefer to have traditional phone line as backup.
please share more info with us :smile:

the traditional plain old telephone service (pots) will go away. like skype, instead of calling +cuntry code, area or operator code, and phone number, we'll be voiping with any app id, including your email id, fb id, tweeter id, icloud id, google id, etc. when that takes off and traditional voice switches reach end of life (because makers stop making and maintaining them), it would be a whirlwind of massive change and every household would need broadband for voip calls. no more 2-wire tip and ring. in fact, all my company's desk phones are voip phones, running over the office lan. no more 2-wire twisted pair lines in new offices in silicon valley.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple sells a dozen iPhones per second....
Really incredible.....I wonder what they will go into next.

nowhere probably.....apple's only saving grace was that they came out with ipod and iphone,the rest of the apple products are pretty much redundant/negligible.with smartphones popularity,ipods are pretty much redundant now.i mean think about it,how many times do people need to upgrade their ipods anyway?2?3 times?

how much longer can they keep milking the iphone crap?honestly one new iphone everyyear do people even know what they are paying for?

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nowhere probably.....apple's only saving grace was that they came out with ipod and iphone,the rest of the apple products are pretty much redundant/negligible.with smartphones popularity,ipods are pretty much redundant now.i mean think about it,how many times do people need to upgrade their ipods anyway?2?3 times?

how much longer can they keep milking the iphone crap?honestly one new iphone everyyear do people even know what they are paying for?

IN THE next move, apple may eat into AMEX, VISA and Master Cards market shares as apple will expand its Ipay scheme to all over the world.