• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Nurses, sales assistants toughest vacancies to fill by locals: MOM statistics

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TITLE: Nurses, sales assistants toughest vacancies to fill by locals: MOM statistics

POSTED: 27 Jan 2015 13:12
URL: http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nurses-sales-assistants/1618454.html

Registered nurse was identified as the top PMET position to fill, while shop sales assistants took the position for non-PMET occupations, according to latest data from the Manpower Ministry.
SINGAPORE: The number of job vacancies rose to 67,400 as of September 2014 - an 8.9 per cent increase from 2013's 61,900. Registered nurses and shop sales assistants were the toughest positions to fill by locals, according to latest data released by the Manpower Ministry (MOM) on Tuesday (Jan 27).

Of the vacancies, service and sales workers were in keen demand, representing 25 per cent of total vacancies, or 15,330 specifically. The positions included shop sales assistants, security guards and waiters, according to the press release.

In September 2014 itself, four in five of all vacancies were from the services industry. The bulk of vacancies came from community, social and personal services, healthcare and tertiary institutes, it added.

HARD TO HIRE LOCALS FOR SOME JOBS

In terms of professionals, managers, executives and technicians (PMETs), the data showed that registered nurse was in top spot for occupations hard to fill by locals. There were 720 vacancies as at September, with the top reason cited being too much competition from other employers.

Enrolled/assistant nurse and software, web and multimedia developer were in second and third spot, respectively. Top reasons for these positions being difficult to fill was unattractive pay for the former and lacking necessary work experience for the latter, according to the data.

As for non-PMET positions, shop sales assistants, security guard and waiter were the top three occupations that were hard to fill by locals, MOM stated.

The proportion of vacancies unfilled for at least six months (41 per cent) and those hard to fill by locals (67 per cent) were broadly unchanged from a year ago, as the labour market remained tight, the ministry added.

- CNA/kk

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
talking rubbish, most local nurses have already left for australia. in there, they are paid better. that's why you see lots of pinoy here, i believe most of them are also planning to go down under.

swimorsink

Alfrescian
Loyal
talking rubbish, most local nurses have already left for australia. in there, they are paid better. that's why you see lots of pinoy here, i believe most of them are also planning to go down under.

Nurses and caregivers are still very much in need in Australia and Canada.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cheebye MOM
do we need so many sales assistants for fuck?

we shall buy online, just like our brother johnny3333!

there are many unmotivated sales assistant, including those foreigners.

many times I ask them where are the stocks and if they have new designs and if they are made from China.
they always use the same line to tell me: oh, all are they.
they never explain to me and they dont know what they sell

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shit hours, horrible pay... what did you expect?

And with 'labour movement' people such as Lim Swee Say and Chan Chun Sing in charge, don't expect things to get better. :rolleyes:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
we need not need so many shopping centers in the first place.
all the same shops in different malls all over the island.

who gets to earn the easy money...rent seeking mall owners... and who are they? u know i know...

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we need to lobby government to allow www.amazon.com.sg so that amazon can set up regional distribution center for south east asia countries.

consumers get to enjoy cheaper goods and cheaper delivery services.

fuck NTUC