• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Question for those who mop floors

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was thinking of investing in a steam mop for cleaning the house. Seems interesting as you don't need to use any detergent as I do now with an ordinary mop. Anybody here uses a steam mop and is it really as good as claimed or is it just stinking hogwash?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was thinking of investing in a steam mop for cleaning the house. Seems interesting as you don't need to use any detergent as I do now with an ordinary mop. Anybody here uses a steam mop and is it really as good as claimed or is it just stinking hogwash?

I think it's a waste of money. I had a housewarming visit to a newlywed couple's new HDB flat. They proudly showed off this state-of-the-art 'steam mop' which can also be used to iron your clothes. Be prepared to cough out a lot of money so your little pigeon hole has less germs and you feel safer. :wink:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
iRobot-Wet-Mop.jpg

buy a irobot wet mop... free up your mopping time to do other things..

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's a waste of money. I had a housewarming visit to a newlywed couple's new HDB flat. They proudly showed off this state-of-the-art 'steam mop' which can also be used to iron your clothes. Be prepared to cough out a lot of money so your little pigeon hole has less germs and you feel safer. :wink:
Cheers laksaboy. They're going for around $140 now; but I am skeptical on how it actually kills more germs.

Primus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I argued with the sales staff that i didn't want the steam and ended up buying an electric mop.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would much prefer it if Megan were to do the mopping for me
But I bet she will cost more than 600 bucks and cannot be recharged
Nor reprogrammed and worse comes with monthly mood swings :biggrin:

[video=youtube;K4mUm6HbyBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4mUm6HbyBk[/video]