• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

How to get to the opposite of Forbidden City where Ming Emperor hanged himself?

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to the Forbidden City twice but no chance to get to the hilltop at the back end of the palace where the last Emperor of Ming Dynasty hanged himself on the tree.

Is it possible to walk up to the spot ? Any other means of transport ? Or are we forced to pay Ah Tiong travel agency for a coach to bring us up ?

I would really like to catch a view of Forbidden City from the hilltop.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can do. Catherine Lu Tours will take you there one-on-one for RMB 500. Morning tour only, Mon - Sat except during the month of Febuary.

Primus

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been to the Forbidden City twice but no chance to get to the hilltop at the back end of the palace where the last Emperor of Ming Dynasty hanged himself on the tree.

Is it possible to walk up to the spot ? Any other means of transport ? Or are we forced to pay Ah Tiong travel agency for a coach to bring us up ?

Take bus service no. 124, alight after five bus stops.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes I have been to that hilltop
Which is supposedly man made
From earth dug out to make moats
And lakes that surround palaces
Can't remember how I got there
But since I am topographically challenged
It must have been not too difficult
Howsa about walking right to very end

Anyway I remembered China public toilets
As being too filthy for me to even contemplate
So when nature called I peed on the hill
I hope it was not on the Emperor's grave
For clearly there was some plate in Chinese
On how he committed suicide which I read
While on that wretched hill with so so view

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thanks for the info. I would like to visit Meishan too if I am in Beijing.

Primus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wu Yia Bo ? Which bus stop ?

Is the spot an open area or need to buy ticket to enter ?

Someone mentioned 500RMB, that is more than the price of ticket for Forbidden City.

Yes, after alighting from bus stop, turn left and walk straight until u reach a corner turn, turn left and walk for about 300m u will see a fire hydrant. Go near it and u will see a phone number scribble on the fire hydrant. That is the phone number of my tour guide who can assist u. Good luck.

jw5

Loyal
I would like to know where Zhang Wuji drew Zhao Min's eyebrows and visit that site one day. :p

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Why? U scouting locations for Emperor Lee to hang himself?