• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pinky says CPF Min Sum is "not a lot" .... Min Sum is $161,000 now

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/highlights-from-pm-lee/1612322.html

Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong hosted a live Q&A session on Facebook on Saturday (Jan 24), where he responded to questions on everything from public transport fares and CPF funds, to how he relaxes.

Q: Dear PM Lee, why can I not use my CPF the way I want to? I want to spend it on my family while still alive. Will there be a change in policy to allow ultimate discretion to the account owner? The minimum sum seems more like a blackbox as the portrayed scenarios to justify it may not apply to every single Singaporean.

A: The CPF is just the basic amount to take care of everyone in old age. The Minimum Sum is not a lot. Every society has some arrangement like that, and ours is the CPF.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like he is out of touch with the man in the street.

Most of us don't have this sum.

All used to pay housing loans...... For most Singkies, it means the HDB....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I would imagine now that the presstitutes at SPH and Mediacorp are now thinking of angles to spin this. Perhaps 'the PM was being quoted out of context'? Or throwing in some hastily done 'research' by eminent 'experts' indicating that the minimum sum is indeed not a lot of money. :rolleyes:

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like he is out of touch with the man in the street.

Most of us don't have this sum.

All used to pay housing loans...... For most Singkies, it means the HDB....

$161,000 is not a lot. When it is raised to $250,000 maybe it will be reasonable ?

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course for a billionaire like Ah Loong 200k is small change.

Tis cunt does 'nt noe it takes a middle income Sinkie how msny fucking yrs to save 160k, some nvr even dream of such amt. Tis cunt really livin in a world of his own and his cronies.

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can Chan Chun Sing do better?

Can Tharman feel for the lesser mortals?

Do Tan Chuan Jin dare to tell PM he said the wrong thing?

Sigh......

It's time we have a leader from the masses, one who feels for the people......

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From a PM with a "realistic" salary, of course CPF min sum of $161,000 is not alot.

10153252_866466116719710_976235323681435842_n.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He's absolutely right. $161.000 is a very small sum. I really don't know what all the fuss is about.

Everybody can still withdraw the vast majority of their CPF funds at 55 just as they always have.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it could have been $159,999.99 to make it more marketable. $1,000.01 is added to stick spurs into sinkies' hide. :p

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
it could have been $159,999.99 to make it more marketable. $1,000.01 is added to stick spurs into sinkies' hide. :p

You'll notice that the vast majority talk about SPENDING their CPF savings thereby killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

It illustrates just how important it is NOT to allow clueless sinkies who have no grasp of finances to get their hands on a large amount of money in one go.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You'll notice that the vast majority talk about SPENDING their CPF savings thereby killing the goose that lays the golden eggs.

It illustrates just how important it is NOT to allow clueless sinkies who have no grasp of finances to get their hands on a large amount of money in one go.

CPF IS MY MONEY, I SPEND IT HOW I LIKE, WHEN I LIKE & ON WHAT I LIKE AFTER I HAVE WORK MORE THAN 30 YEARS. THIS IS NOT MONEY BELONGING TO ANY ANY GOVERNMENT, WHO HOLD ON TO MY HARD EARN MONEY. WHETHER IT IS $5 TO $500,000 THIS IS A LOT OF MONEY FOR ME.

SINGAPOREAANS WILL REGRET, ONE DAY THEY WAKE UP & OPEN UP THEIR NEWSPAPERS OR READ THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA TO READ AN IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FROM THEIR BELOVED GOVERNMENT

" WE ARE SAD TO REPORT THAT, YOUR CPF MONEY, WE CAN ONLY GIVE 0.01% FOR EVERY $ YOU HAVE SAVED"....CAN YOU TRUST YOUR MONEY WITH STRANGERS? :mad:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

sinkies are known to burn cash on bullshit, boobs and booze no matter how much it's in the bank. it's wise and necessary for the gov to provide a nanny financial safehouse to prevent bankruptcy through buffoonery.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
sinkies are known to burn cash on bullshit, boobs and booze no matter how much it's in the bank. it's wise and necessary for the gov to provide a nanny financial safehouse to prevent bankruptcy through buffoonery.

$161,000 minimum sum is peanuts. I don't know whats the big deal with all these anti-PAP Sinkies.

prinzy

Alfrescian
Loyal
$161,000 minimum sum is peanuts. I don't know whats the big deal with all these anti-PAP Sinkies.

It is not an issue of enough or not enough! The basis is that it is my MONEY. I do not need you to hold my money. I want to be able to do with my own money before I die. How many of us live to 65? Policies are implemented by u without any consultation and consent of the masses. Why not let us hold your money? U do not trust me right, vice versa, I also do not trust u. Go to a corner and slowly re-examine all the silly policies you and your team had made, try to make amends. Sorry, Mr Lee, u and your team have failed miserably.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It is not an issue of enough or not enough! The basis is that it is my MONEY.

Taxes are deducted from YOUR money too and it is never to be seen again! That's what Western societies do. The governments extort astronomical amounts in taxes and hands it over to lazy, useless layabouts which they use to fund their drug and booze habits.

CPF is a fantastic scheme in that the money remains yours. The yield is therefore yours to keep and the principal sum is yours to bequeath.