• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSmen get privilege to be served with unhygienic food, you die yr biz

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
27 down with food poisoning at army camp
Published on Jan 24, 2015 5:45 AM

Twenty-seven soldiers at Clementi Camp fell ill on Thursday, with some showing signs of food poisoning such as vomiting and diarrhoea.

The soldiers, mostly full-time national servicemen (NSFs), were hit by a highly contagious intestinal virus and they reported sick at the camp's medical centre on Thursday morning.

All of them had been in the camp from Wednesday.

Confirming the outbreak, the Defence Ministry said the servicemen were treated for symptoms of gastrointestinal disease and are now stable.

A Mindef spokesman said all of them had been discharged from the medical centre and they have since been given light duties. The cause of their illness is being investigated.

The spokesman added that the unit has taken precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the disease by "ceasing cookhouse operations, disinfecting dining and communal areas, and enforcing good personal hygiene practices".

After the outbreak, everyone in the camp was instructed not to drink the water or eat the food from the camp's cookhouse and canteen. Signs were put up in the toilets, reminding servicemen not to drink tap water. The Straits Times understands that in the interim, food and water from another camp are being delivered to the soldiers.

The last known gastrointestinal outbreak in an SAF camp took place in September 2013, when some 300 recruits at the Basic Military Training Centre fell prey to a contagious intestinal virus. Investigations found that the cookhouse premises and food handlers were not the source of infection. The food and water there also tested negative for contamination.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...oning-army-camp-20150124#sthash.pAOEc55u.dpuf

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's part of the training to strengthen ns men's immunity to bad food prepared in unhygienic conditions. sinkies should be proud.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Mindef certainly goes all out to ensure that these events are few and far between. I'm impressed with the speed at which they deal with such issues.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am surprised that after spore food technologies cater food to the soldiers, such shit till happen. they should revert to the old style run by the ah beng cooks, at least there is no such incidents.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i am surprised that after spore food technologies cater food to the soldiers, such shit till happen. they should revert to the old style run by the ah beng cooks, at least there is no such incidents.

These sorts of incidents used to occur on a regular basis when the Ah Beng cooks ruled the roost. I should know because I was part of the BOI on more than one occasion.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
probably, spore food technologies is run by the same group of ah bengs.:eek: it never happened to me before, except that i always kanna foodhouse fatigue and was asked to scrap the oven rust.:o

These sorts of incidents used to occur on a regular basis when the Ah Beng cooks ruled the roost. I should know because I was part of the BOI on more than one occasion.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incident happened in 2015.............What has it got to do with incident in 2013?:mad: Who were the investigators in 2013 incident?

Trying to softly mind fuck readers that the current incident most probably its not the food contractors fault....:rolleyes:

27 down with food poisoning at army camp
Published on Jan 24, 2015 5:45 AM

Twenty-seven soldiers at Clementi Camp fell ill on Thursday, with some showing signs of food poisoning such as vomiting and diarrhoea.

The last known gastrointestinal outbreak in an SAF camp took place in September 2013, when some 300 recruits at the Basic Military Training Centre fell prey to a contagious intestinal virus. Investigations found that the cookhouse premises and food handlers were not the source of infection. The food and water there also tested negative for contamination.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...oning-army-camp-20150124#sthash.pAOEc55u.dpuf

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I can tell you that a lot more NSmen got diarrhea and mass stomach sickness then what is mentioned in the shit times. Practically all SAF personnel going for training in India suffered the shits bouts over there.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

those occasion i spit into your food and another NSF added some urine as well.. hope you did enjoy.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mindef certainly goes all out to ensure that these events are few and far between. I'm impressed with the speed at which they deal with such issues.

I am really impressed with SAF....during "slavery" days, the food served by SAF before they had SFI, were cooked by "slavery cooks"...I am still surprised & impressed till this day...none of us had food poisoning or died..kudos! to SAF!.

For example:

the bread bounces when you dropped it on the floor
the margarine come stack high, like the scene from "close encounter of the 3rd kind"..when the character in the movie was looking for that stone structure...
the fried bee happen was burnt & it comes with a crunchy sound when you eat..for it has sand sediments ( good for digestion)
kway teow soup , had kway teow doing 50 laps on top & looked like they never had a wash or bath & is taking one now...
vegetables was half cooked & you can find worms in them ( you get protein)
the coffee or tea....taste like was filters through a pair of socks ( it did & it tasted authentic), the amount of sugar or condensed milk they put it was fantastic
night snacks for night training....you have alternate servings on different days, it was either , red bean or green beans soup, comes with sand..( for digestion)...

The food given if you fed them to your dog or cats, they would reject & if eaten....gone into convulsions....till this day, I am really surprised that, none of us in that number of us, ever admitted to hospital for food poisoning or anyone died eating from SAF cook house...either we were healthier back then...or

SAF is the best...kudos to them!...:wink:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
27 servicemen treated for gastro-intestinal disease at Clementi Camp

AsiaOneSaturday, Jan 24, 2015
20150124-streader.jpg
0 0 0
Print
SINGAPORE - 27 servicemen were treated for symptoms of Gastro-Intestinal Disease (GID) at the Clementi Camp Medical Centre on Thursday, Jan 27, said the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) in a reply to media queries.
Mindef said that the conditions of these soldiers are stable.
"All of them have been discharged from the medical centre and have since been given light duties," added Mindef.
Mindef has taken precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the disease by ceasing cookhouse operations, disinfecting dining and communal areas, and enforcing good personal hygiene practices.
Investigations to determine the cause of the incident are ongoing. Mindef said the Singapore Armed Fores (SAF) will continue to monitor the situation closely.
The Straits Times reported that all soldiers in camp were instructed to refrain from drinking the water or eat the food from the camp's cookhouse and canteen after the servicemen fell ill.
Signs were also put up in toilets to remind them to not drink the tap water.
The Straits Times reporte also said that "in the interim, food and water from another camp are being delivered to the soldiers".
[email protected]
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...al-disease-clementi-camp#sthash.Dit3IpMt.dpuf

whorejinx

Alfrescian
Loyal
N'S MEN mass Poisoned by SAF

Stand by toilet n laosai

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/27-servicemen-treated-gastro-intestinal-disease-clementi-camp

AsiaOneSaturday, Jan 24, 2015
20150124-streader.jpg
119 5 0 0 0 0
Print

SINGAPORE - 27 servicemen were treated for symptoms of Gastro-Intestinal Disease (GID) at the Clementi Camp Medical Centre on Thursday, Jan 27, said the Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) in a reply to media queries.

Mindef said that the conditions of these soldiers are stable.

"All of them have been discharged from the medical centre and have since been given light duties," added Mindef.

Mindef has taken precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the disease by ceasing cookhouse operations, disinfecting dining and communal areas, and enforcing good personal hygiene practices.

Investigations to determine the cause of the incident are ongoing. Mindef said the Singapore Armed Fores (SAF) will continue to monitor the situation closely.

The Straits Times reported that all soldiers in camp were instructed to refrain from drinking the water or eat the food from the camp's cookhouse and canteen after the servicemen fell ill.

Signs were also put up in toilets to remind them to not drink the tap water.

The Straits Times reporte also said that "in the interim, food and water from another camp are being delivered to the soldiers".

[email protected]

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wasn't Spore Food Technologies responsible for the food that was served at the Youth Olympic Games:confused:

Some athletes found maggots in their food. Yucks:eek:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun expect anything good coming out from spore technologies group. they are just a bunch of boot lickers and ho ching's blue eye boys are all heading them. besides, what more can you expect from cannot make it ex-army occifers who are heading them.

Wasn't Spore Food Technologies responsible for the food that was served at the Youth Olympic Games:confused:

Some athletes found maggots in their food. Yucks:eek: