• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Extraordinary details of how CCS becomes NTUC chief within a day

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/01/23/chan-chun-sing-to-become-ntuc-secretary-general/

A special meeting will be held next Tuesday (27 Jan) to pass a resolution to co-opt Mr Chan to be part of the Central Committee and serve as Deputy Secretary-General of the NTUC.

Mr Chan said he is “humbled” and is hoping to learn the issues close to the hearts of union leaders. He also said he hopes all Singaporeans will be able to continue having good opportunities and better quality of life. For this, a strong leadership and tripartite partnership are needed, he said. Without a strong Labour Movement, Singapore will not be where it is today, he added.

According to the letter from Mr Lim and Ms Diana Chia, it appears that NTUC Central Committee has decided to support Mr Chan to become its next Secretary-General.

The current Secretary-General Lim Swee Say, who will be turning 61 this year, has previously stated the need for a successor as he will be stepping down. Also, he can’t serve for another full term (2015-2019) as he will be 62 in July 2016, which is the statutory retirement age at NTUC. Mr Lim has been the Labour Chief since 2007.

Mr Chan, a President and SAF scholar, and former Army Chief entered politics in May 2011 after becoming an MP through a walkover at Tanjong Pagar GRC. After the general election, he was appointed Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, and Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts. He rapidly rose in Cabinet, being appointed Acting Minister for Social and Family Development on November 2012, and taking over as full minister a year later.

It’s not known who will be taking over from Mr Chan as Social and Family Development Minister when he leaves for NTUC.

In any case, it’s amazing how rapidly Mr Chan moves to NTUC, all in one day.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal
NTUC, GLCs and $2 companies are places where the papees keep their "十常侍".....

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere says a lot about this:"The democracy shall cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those LEECHES who would not.”

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
does this mean he's out of the running for PM?

Not necessarily. The labour union chief is a very important PAP portfolio. As labour chief, he commands the loyalty and votes of hundreds of thousands of singaporean workers.

pc-1966-004-detail.jpg

It's a job befitting a great man who once commanded hundreds of thousands of SAF soldiers.

red-clilff-trailer1.jpg

Last edited:

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessarily. The labour union chief is a very important PAP portfolio. As labour chief, he commands the loyalty and votes of hundreds of thousands of singaporean workers.

pc-1966-004-detail.jpg

It's a job befitting a great man who once commanded hundreds of thousands of SAF soldiers.

red-clilff-trailer1.jpg

What so difficult to command balless union members who join for only discount coupons at ntuc supermkts.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What so difficult to command balless union members who join for only discount coupons at ntuc supermkts.

It's not his job to question the reasons of why people sign up to be soldiers or labour union members.

It's his job to lead them well. And so far, the PAP cadres have led NTUC well. We have very few strikes, we have a government that proactively listens to the labour movements, far less political battles between union and government because everyone is thinking win-win rather than win-lose.

I would prefer our tripartite arrangement that what we see in Europe or US, where the labour union and the government see each other as enemies and both do their best to undermine each other.

Spain-labor-protest.jpg

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's not his job to question the reasons of why people sign up to be soldiers or labour union members.

It's his job to lead them well. And so far, the PAP cadres have led NTUC well. We have very few strikes, we have a government that proactively listens to the labour movements, far less political battles between union and government because everyone is thinking win-win rather than win-lose.

I would prefer our tripartite arrangement that what we see in Europe or US, where the labour union and the government see each other as enemies and both do their best to undermine each other.

Spain-labor-protest.jpg

exactly what Prince Clown echo, 'there is no protest so everthing is fine'

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think this is an easy job, all you have to do is to side with employers regardless if there is any retrenchment, unfair work practice etc.:rolleyes:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
exactly what Prince Clown echo, 'there is no protest so everthing is fine'

It is not about clamping down on protests. NTUC work with the government to resolve issues win-win before they escalate into protests, like what we see in many parts of the world today. If side with employers too much, the NTUC chief loses the support and votes of the labour union members. If side with employees too much, many bosses will pull out of Singapore for being anti-business. The union chief has to strike a fine balance, a thankless job that Lim Swee Say had to do for many years, and which he did quite well. We are at full employment, something that many countries around the world can't boast of.

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not about clamping down on protests. NTUC work with the government to resolve issues win-win before they escalate into protests, like what we see in many parts of the world today. If side with employers too much, the NTUC chief loses the support and votes of the labour union members. If side with employees too much, many bosses will pull out of Singapore for being anti-business. The union chief has to strike a fine balance, a thankless job that Lim Swee Say had to do for many years, and which he did quite well. We are at full employment, something that many countries around the world can't boast of.

Were you the one working for the Japs, where Bruce Lee slap a couple of Times to wake you up! Haha.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Spain-labor-protest.jpg

Parroting the scums in white's mantra again. The workers' interest and welfare had already been undermined under the tripartite arrangement.

3vndkSd.png

We once had a head of NTUC who sanctioned a strike.

Excerpt from Ong Teng Cheong: Extended interview, Singapore Window
You became head of the NTUC and also remained a cabinet minister -- and Singapore remained strike free.
Yes.
But in January 1986 I did sanction a strike, the first for about a decade. It was in the shipping industry where the management was taking advantage of the workers.
I did not even tell the cabinet about santioning the strike. And some of them were angry with me about that.

The minister for trade and industry was very angry, his officers were very upset. They had calls from America, asking what happened to Singapore? -- we are non-strike.

I said: if I were to inform the cabinet or the government they would probably stop me from going ahead with the strike.
It only lasted two days. Then all the issues were settled.
It showed that management was just trying to pull a fast one. So I believe what I did was right.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly, he was shoved upstairs and denied the dignity of an appropriate funeral.

The PAPzis are spiteful and small-minded right to the end.

Parroting the scums in white's mantra again. The workers' interest and welfare had already been undermined under the tripartite arrangement.

3vndkSd.png

We once had a head of NTUC who sanctioned a strike.

Excerpt from Ong Teng Cheong: Extended interview, Singapore Window
You became head of the NTUC and also remained a cabinet minister -- and Singapore remained strike free.
Yes.
But in January 1986 I did sanction a strike, the first for about a decade. It was in the shipping industry where the management was taking advantage of the workers.
I did not even tell the cabinet about santioning the strike. And some of them were angry with me about that.

The minister for trade and industry was very angry, his officers were very upset. They had calls from America, asking what happened to Singapore? -- we are non-strike.

I said: if I were to inform the cabinet or the government they would probably stop me from going ahead with the strike.
It only lasted two days. Then all the issues were settled.
It showed that management was just trying to pull a fast one. So I believe what I did was right.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which former 'labour chief' went on to become PM?

2 of them became presidents. given a choice between pm and president, i'd rather take the latter as it's ceremonial, chobolan, jiakliaobi, jiak hong all the time, and gets the attention of royalty and heads of states. a pm job is thankless, tireless, unappreciated, hated, yet it's difficult, full of dilemma, draining, and darn demanding. sinkies must appreciate what their pm has gone through every night and day thinking and worrying about their livelihood and survival, striking a balance between popular choices and dreaded policies.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are the simple facts:

1. CCS is demoted.

2. As the demotion followed his defeat by CSJ, it is clear that Dr. Chee is the man.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with chan chun sing in the Labour union and tony tan as the president and LHL as the prime minister,we have the perfect tripartite.for no one else cares mores about singaporean jobs than chan chun sing,no one cares more about singaporean's future than ex minister of trade and foreign relations tony tan and no one cares more about singaporean's prosperity than LHL.i truly laugh at those opposition ibs who still dreams of democracy and freedom and whatnot.this is the 2015 and singapore is in her golden age and stronger than ever with the holiest of holy trinities.

MY REACH IS GLOBAL
MY TOWER SECURE
MY CAUSE IS NOBLE
MY POWER IS PURE

[video=youtube;HLUX0y4EptA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLUX0y4EptA[/video]

Last edited: