• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Extraordinary details of how CCS becomes NTUC chief within a day

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
with chan chun sing in the Labour union and tony tan as the president and LHL as the prime minister,we have the perfect tripartite.for no one else cares mores about singaporean jobs than chan chun sing,no one cares more about singaporean's future than ex minister of trade and foreign relations tony tan and no one cares more about singaporean's prosperity than LHL.i truly laugh at those opposition ibs who still dreams of democracy and freedom and whatnot.this is the 2015 and singapore is in her golden age and stronger than ever with the holiest of holy trinities.

There is no such a thing as an Opposition IB. Show us a shred of evidence of one otherwise you are just talking cock.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know some of you are jealous of ccs new found job. i am not...i am prejudiced to anything pap...

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
These are the simple facts:

1. CCS is demoted.

2. As the demotion followed his defeat by CSJ, it is clear that Dr. Chee is the man.

NTUC is not a demotion. More like a promotion. NTUC chief guards PAP votes

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
It is not about clamping down on protests. NTUC work with the government to resolve issues win-win before they escalate into protests, like what we see in many parts of the world today. If side with employers too much, the NTUC chief loses the support and votes of the labour union members. If side with employees too much, many bosses will pull out of Singapore for being anti-business. The union chief has to strike a fine balance, a thankless job that Lim Swee Say had to do for many years, and which he did quite well. We are at full employment, something that many countries around the world can't boast of.

Well said. I have added to your points.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
aiyah...............Pinkie realize Lim Shit Sway velly unpopular with NTUC serfs.................so get a boy scout to try to hold onto votes lah............

jw5

Loyal
What is worrying is that Pinky may be smarter than what he appears. :(:o:biggrin:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/01/23/chan-chun-sing-to-become-ntuc-secretary-general/

A special meeting will be held next Tuesday (27 Jan) to pass a resolution to co-opt Mr Chan to be part of the Central Committee and serve as Deputy Secretary-General of the NTUC.

Mr Chan said he is “humbled” and is hoping to learn the issues close to the hearts of union leaders. He also said he hopes all Singaporeans will be able to continue having good opportunities and better quality of life. For this, a strong leadership and tripartite partnership are needed, he said. Without a strong Labour Movement, Singapore will not be where it is today, he added.

According to the letter from Mr Lim and Ms Diana Chia, it appears that NTUC Central Committee has decided to support Mr Chan to become its next Secretary-General.

The current Secretary-General Lim Swee Say, who will be turning 61 this year, has previously stated the need for a successor as he will be stepping down. Also, he can’t serve for another full term (2015-2019) as he will be 62 in July 2016, which is the statutory retirement age at NTUC. Mr Lim has been the Labour Chief since 2007.

Mr Chan, a President and SAF scholar, and former Army Chief entered politics in May 2011 after becoming an MP through a walkover at Tanjong Pagar GRC. After the general election, he was appointed Acting Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, and Minister of State for Information, Communications and the Arts. He rapidly rose in Cabinet, being appointed Acting Minister for Social and Family Development on November 2012, and taking over as full minister a year later.

It’s not known who will be taking over from Mr Chan as Social and Family Development Minister when he leaves for NTUC.

In any case, it’s amazing how rapidly Mr Chan moves to NTUC, all in one day.

Sudden moves like this are either the result of unplanned events or a sign of disarray. This is pretty weird. Just like Zaqy being in then out of CEC. I thought these guys are so well coordinated. What's happening ?