• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

dying CB MicroSHIT: Windows 10 FOC now! Pse don't reject us..

think_lees

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tell MS go fuck spider! We use Android and Linux. Android is Linux inside also.

Free and BETTER!

http://www.computerworld.com/articl...nsumers-wont-pay-for-updates-or-upgrades.html

Windows 10

Free at last: After Windows 10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgrades
More like this

Deja vu all over again: Windows 7 will be the new XP
Windows 8's no-name update plan nails OS's coffin shut
Windows patch
Microsoft reveals biggest-ever change in Windows updates
on IDG Answers
What do Linux users think of ditching Ubuntu and switching over to Mint or...

Windows 10 Start menu Microsoft Credit: Mark Hachman
Ironically, businesses will probably have to pay to keep Windows from changing

Gregg Keizer By Gregg Keizer
Follow

Computerworld | Oct 10, 2014 12:30 PM PT

Windows 10

Microsoft will have no choice but to give consumers free Windows upgrades once it launches Windows 10 and kicks off its fast-fast-fast tempo, an analyst asserted.

"If Microsoft wants consumers to update and keep up to date, it really means that Microsoft is going to have to give those consumers those updates for free. There's really no other way to do it," said Michael Silver of Gartner at the research firm's annual technology conference. ,,,,

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's only free for the first year, because people die die didn't want to 'upgrade' to Windows 8 and instead they held on to Windows 7. Those who bought new PCs that were pre-installed with Windows 8 will feel cheated if they pay for Windows 10 again.

Essentially, Microsoft hopes the post-launch uptake numbers for Windows 10 are less embarrassing that it was for Windows 8. Because shareholders and OEM hardware partners are not happy about Windows 8.

windows_8_sale_15.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i bought an win 7 license and keep in storage until i build my next computer in a few years time. if win 10 look like win 8. they can count me out.