• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Whatsapp comes to the desktop

MyFriends

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dump this app once they start charging fees. And oh, don't give excuses that your circle of friends, business associates are using them so u can't do it.

Then u become like a slave of Microshit and their Windoze.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unlikely, they will charge a fee for this, telco already charging for data, what else they want...?

Dump this app once they start charging fees. And oh, don't give excuses that your circle of friends, business associates are using them so u can't do it.

Then u become like a slave of Microshit and their Windoze.

MyFriends

Alfrescian
Loyal
unlikely, they will charge a fee for this, telco already charging for data, what else they want...?

http://www.whatsapp.com/faq/general/23014681

Rxek37r.jpg

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Whatspp has not been updated with the latest function yet. Some say uninstall and reinstall on your phone first before you can hook it up to whatsapp web.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're always paying for something one way or another. If it seems free, then YOU are the product. Usually they make money through taking your personal information and selling you ads.

TheZephyrSong

Alfrescian
Loyal

WhatsApp for Web (PC Desktop & Mac) – How to use it?

By Shweta - January, 21st 2015

So WhatsApp is finally and officially available for Computer, till date we used to use WhatsApp on PC using BlueStacks or YouWave which is still working fine but the only problem with those methods is that they are not official one.

But now, you can officially or genuinely use WhatsApp for Web or Desktop with the new feature which the officials have added, its basically WhatsApp Web Version.

But wait, its not what you are thinking, you don’t have to download any WhatsApp messenger software into your computer, but this new feature will only work on Google Chrome and its completely web based feature which means that their is no need to download any kind of program into your PC.

whatsapp-computer-official.jpg

Instead, you will need to scan the QR code which is available on their official website from your WhatsApp Mobile App. Don’t worry if you are finding it confusing, I am giving you complete tutorial on how to use WhatsApp for Web or Desktop, just have a look below.

How to use WhatsApp for Web – Windows 7/8/XP Computer & Mac?

Note : For using WhatsApp on PC you will need to have WhatsApp Messenger installed and verified with SMS and phone number into your mobile phone first, so if you are thinking that you will directly be able to login into WhatsApp Desktop then its not the case, rest assured just follow the steps which I have given below.

1. First of all upgrade your WhatsApp Messenger in your smartphone, its necessary step.
Note : You need to have WhatsApp v2.11.498 or above, download the latest .APK file from here.

2. Now open Google Chrome browser and go to web.whatsapp.com and you will see QR code
Note : WhatsApp Web works only on Google Chrome and not on Mozilla, IE, etc.

whatsapp-for-web-pc.jpg

3. Open WhatsApp Messenger in your Smartphone, go to Menu and then select “WhatsApp Web”
whatsapp web or desktop from android

whatsapp-web-android.jpg

4. Now scan the QR code which is on web.whatsapp.com from WhatsApp Web option.
whatsapp on pc official

whatsapp-on-pc-official.png

5. Now click on “OK, GOT IT” and let the scanning of your QR code starts.

6. Within few seconds you will see that you can use WhatsApp Web on Google Chrome browser.

7. Its just the mirror image of your WhatsApp Mobile.

So, I hope you are not enjoying WhatsApp Messenger on your desktop and you found my tutorial easy to follow.

[video=youtube;lSWqiA8gY_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSWqiA8gY_U[/video]

Disadvantage of WhatsApp for Web or Desktop Official Version :

Here are few of the negative points which I want to let you know, I have listed it down below, these are strong points.

• It is not available for iPhone or iOS users, feeling bad for them.
  • Its just the mirror of your WhatsApp Messenger which is in your mobile phone.
  • The chat and messages which you are doing on your Web Desktop version, it is happening live on the spot on your WhatsApp in Smartphone.
  • Thus, WhatsApp will consume double data i.e one from web version and other from your phone.
  • It is risky to use it on public computer because if you forget to log off from that public PC then any one can see your previous messages which you have sent from mobile also and he/she can even send one from your WhatsApp.

Now, lets come to the advantages or benefits part of WhatsApp web version, you can even call it extra features, have a look below.

Advantages of WhatsApp Web :

Some plus points of this new features is given below, please take a look.

• You can obviously use WhatsApp Messenger from your Computer, we were waiting for the same from last 3 years, this is the biggest feature in itself.
  • You don’t need to scan the QR code again and again, its just the first time setup or step which you are doing, if you log off from desktop then you need to repeat it again, so its a no time waster.
  • You will be able to type in desktop with amazing speed, send images and videos at blazing fast speed

So folks, I think, WhatsApp for PC (official web desktop version) is boon for many of us who use it very much. Finally, WhatsApp on PC is available for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP as well as Mac.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
whatsapp gulps life out of my phone batteries. So I cancelled it. Now to back to 2-3 days between recharge.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wat's so good about Whatsapp? It's not even portable across iphone to samsung. You lose everything.

Dun understand why people do not use Email instead. It's also instantaneous. Or stick to Yahoo Messenger, it does the job so much better.

This generation of IT illiterate goons only know about Whatsapp, Viber, Wechat and all those other stupid chat apps, when the quintessential Email has been around for ages and does the job so much better and does not sap your battery.

They only know SMS is chargeable but mobile chat apps are not, but this is so stupid, because both are shit.

Stupid fucks!!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oi bro, i use whatsapp cos i want to be trendy and as sophisticated as the gen Y.:biggrin::o

Wat's so good about Whatsapp? It's not even portable across iphone to samsung. You lose everything.

Dun understand why people do not use Email instead. It's also instantaneous. Or stick to Yahoo Messenger, it does the job so much better.

This generation of IT illiterate goons only know about Whatsapp, Viber, Wechat and all those other stupid chat apps, when the quintessential Email has been around for ages and does the job so much better and does not sap your battery.

They only know SMS is chargeable but mobile chat apps are not, but this is so stupid, because both are shit.

Stupid fucks!!

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oi bro, i use whatsapp cos i want to be trendy and as sophisticated as the gen Y.:biggrin::o

But gen Y idiots pocket no money one..........all form but zero substance. Most can't even afford to pay their phone bills yet
drink at Starbucks. You follow idiotic useless society parasites for fuck? It will lead to no happy ending finally.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
deep in my heart, i want to be forever young...:o

But gen Y idiots pocket no money one..........all form but zero substance. Most can't even afford to pay their phone bills yet
drink at Starbucks. You follow idiotic useless society parasites for fuck? It will lead to no happy ending finally.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
deep in my heart, i want to be forever young...:o

Got money, you'll be forever young...........until you die.

Follow gen Y is like mixing with failures, but they got their parents to fund their stupidity.........you leh?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
err....er....er....err.....i will drive doubly hard from tmr onwards...:o

Got money, you'll be forever young...........until you die.

Follow gen Y is like mixing with failures, but they got their parents to fund their stupidity.........you leh?