• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Huat Ah! Transport fares increased ah! Huat AH!

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
BREAKING NEWS:"From Apr 5 this year, adult card fares for buses and trains will increase by 2 to 5 cents, while student concessionary fares will increase by 1 cent." (CNA)

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Truly Huat Ah for me!

I was a shareholder of SMRT since when it was trading at aroud $0.80+ per share years ago. The dividends and capital gains more than paid for all the fare increases.

When will sinkies ever learn?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Truly Huat Ah for me!

I was a shareholder of SMRT since when it was trading at aroud $0.80+ per share years ago. The dividends and capital gains more than paid for all the fare increases.

When will sinkies ever learn?

You must be proud of yourself, giving money to capitalist greed. :cool:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
BREAKING NEWS:"From Apr 5 this year, adult card fares for buses and trains will increase by 2 to 5 cents, while student concessionary fares will increase by 1 cent." (CNA)

once again another thread about sinkie ass getting screwed, sinkie, your ass pain or not.. still ball-less?

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
poor choice in investing this company.

oil prices down fare can go up.

must be inefficient company..

to feed those elephants...

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SINGAPORE - Bus and train fares for adults will increase by two to five cents per trip starting April 5, the Public Transport Council (PTC) said in a statement today.
Student concessionary fares will also increase by one cent.
Prices of all monthly concession passes for adults, national servicemen, senior citizens and students will remain the same. Lower-wage workers and people with disabilities, who currently benefit from Government-funded schemes, will also not be affected by the fare hike.
The two public transport operators, SBS Transit and SMRT, will be required to contribute $5.5 million and $8 million respectively of the increased fare revenue to the Public Transport Fund. This amounts to a total of $13.5 million, $2 million more than their contribution last year.
The Government will draw $7.5 million from the Public Transport Fund to provide 250,000 Public Transport Vouchers to lower-income households to help them cope with the fare adjustment.
Similar to last year, each Public Transport Voucher is worth $30 and can be used to purchase or top up fare cards or buy monthly concession passes. The vouchers will be distributed throughout the year.
Application for the vouchers starts from March 16.
PTC chairman Richard Magnus said: "I am always very concerned not only with making transport fares affordable, but making sure that our low income families who need more assistance will be looked after. The contributions to the Public Transport Fund by the operators will help defray the travel expenditure of these needy families."
He noted that this year's fare adjustments are lower than last year's, and that the PTC made a "concerted effort" to minimise the impact on commuters, even to the extent of insulating some from the increase altogether.
[email protected]
- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/t...crease-2-5-cents-april-5#sthash.9LLv6rj8.dpuf

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Correction. They gave money to me. Slavery slaves are the ones giving money to capitalist greed.

I like that.Slavery slaves sounds deliciously racist.like blackedy coon or crackedy crackas.anyway I'm off to buy some SMRT shares,this shows that investors can have 100% confidence in SMRT,they will always place profit above people.