• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Avoiding Medishield Premium Will Be A Crime!! Pay Up lah, farker!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why can't these assholes pay their premiums on time? Wasting precious government resources to chase after these farkers!

http://therealsingapore.com/sites/d...ge/Healthcare Straits Times.jpg?itok=7QLMF6Ri

The government said that it would soon authorise public servants to look into Singaporeans' medical and financial records, just to see who have not been paying up for their MediShield Life premiums and penalise them for not doing so.

New laws tabled in parliament today showed wanted to give public servants from the Central Provident Fund Board and the Health Ministry (MOH) to have the authority to look into government and administrative databases to check how much Singaporeans would need to pay for MediShield premiums and to get them to pay.

The new laws also would allow public servants to access information such as pre-existing medical conditions.

For individuals who do not want their information to be readily looked at, they can bar the access to their records.

MOH claimed that there will be safeguards to prevent these databases from being wrongly accessed. It said that only authorised persons would have access, just for the purposes of the scheme.

Anyone who accesses, uses or discloses the information without permission may be fined up to S$5,000, jailed up to a year, or both.

But worryingly, for someone who does not pay their outstanding MediShield premiums and interest on late premiums, they can be made to pay penalties of up to 17 percent of what they owe.

This is to force MediShield holders to pay their premiums on time.

MOH said that it would send warning letters to remind those who have not paid up. They will also send these letters to even the employers, banks or tenants just to force the MediShield holder to pay up.

Finally, they will even sue MediShield holders.

After the laws are passed, it will become an offence to provide false or misleading information, or omit key information deliberately. People who are convicted of doing so may be fined up to S$5,000, jailed a maximum of one year, or both. They may also be required to pay penalties pegged to undercharged premiums or overpaid benefits.

However, Singaporeans have raised concerns about how MediShield premiums are too high, especially for the low- and middle-income and for the elderly, where premiums rise with age. But where many of the elderly receive lower incomes, they would have difficulties paying for the premiums.

Where the government would enact a law to criminalise Singaporeans who do not pay their MediShield premiums, this can be worrying.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Civil Serpents now can access your private Medishield account to check your balance!!

Authorised civil servants will be able to access medical and financial records to administer the scheme, but public can restrict access if they are uncomfortable in revealing such details.

SINGAPORE: When universal health insurance scheme MediShield Life comes into force later this year, authorised public servants will have access to medical and financial records, and the Government will be able to impose penalties – as a last resort – on those who default on paying premiums.

Under new laws tabled in Parliament on Monday (Jan 19), authorised public servants – from the Central Provident Fund (CPF) Board and the Ministry of Health (MOH) – will be able to tap into various Government and administrative databases to carry out eligibility checks for premium subsidies. Details such as one’s residential address and monthly income are available in these databases.

This would also facilitate the identification of those with pre-existing medical conditions, who will be covered under MediShield Life at an additional premium of 30 per cent for a decade, said the MOH. Individuals can restrict access to their medical and financial records, should they be uncomfortable with sharing confidential information.

The MOH stressed that there will be safeguards in place to prevent the abuse of the databases, and only authorised people can access them for the purpose of administering the scheme. Anyone who accesses, uses or discloses the information without permission may be fined up to S$5,000, jailed up to a year, or both.

Under the MediShield Life Scheme Bill, penalties of up to 17 per cent of outstanding premiums and interest on late premiums will be slapped on those who default on payment. These recovery measures are meant to clamp down on wilful defaulters with the means to pay their premiums, and are adapted from existing income tax legislation, said the MOH.

Other steps include sending warning letters to remind defaulters of their outstanding bills and appointing agents - such as one’s employer, bank or tenant - to make payment from funds due to the defaulter. As a final, drastic measure, defaulters may be sued. More details will be spelt out in the second reading of the Bill, which is expected at the end of the month.

A MediShield Life Council – consisting members from the public and private sector – will be set up to review and make recommendations to Health Minister Gan Kim Yong on policy and scheme parameters. The Council will also review the administration of the scheme and advise the minister on related matters.

Following the enactment of these new laws, it will become an offence to provide false or misleading information, or omit key information deliberately. Those convicted of doing so may be fined up to S$5,000, jailed a maximum of one year, or both. They may also be required to pay penalties pegged to undercharged premiums or overpaid benefits.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now the Garmen Knows everything about YOU!

Including your Health!

4mbg5.png

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sounds like a certified loanshark to me..

Worse than loan sharks, at least these you can report them under loan shark harassment, all those they mentioned, are CERTIFIED OWE $ PAY $....I wonder who is owing Medichield premiums? aren't these paid through the Insurance companies, who deduct it from your CPF?? I am puzzle..:rolleyes:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought read before somewhere that Medishield is in big surplus i.e they collect much more than give out. So not many didn't pay up lah, like that also must enact law to go after every single defaulter. Why don't think of reducing premium instead since got surplus?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Civil Serpents now can access your private Medishield account to check your balan

This is serious!
Looks like one big compulsory gangster protection scheme with no opting out!

QUESTION:
For employees for whom insurance are being paid for by their employers, what's the situation?
Or for retirees who already have schemes in place?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Civil Serpents now can access your private Medishield account to check your balan

What's there to guarantee that your personal information won't be stolen, sold, leaked or misused by the civil servants? :rolleyes:

The coffers of SG Inc must be emptying fast... hence the urge to lock up more of Sinkies' money. :wink:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Now the Garmen Knows everything about YOU!

Truly, truly, the MIWs have mastered the art of kicking their masters, whom they are supposed to serve.
They cannot even wait for defaults to happen or to have the law such that only those who have defaulted can be viewed.
Oh, I forget, this is another Ponzi scheme - using our money to fund those in need, without the govt ever putting anything on the table.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

This is serious!
Looks like one big compulsory gangster protection scheme with no opting out!

QUESTION:
For employees for whom insurance are being paid for by their employers, what's the situation?
Or for retirees who already have schemes in place?

whether they are paid by employers or not does not matter. they can still go into your account to check that your employer is depositing your premium on time. Some employers are behind because of business slow down or whatever, but they come after you first and also the employer. If employer go bankrupt and you got arrears in your medishield because he did not pay the last few months, u are on the hook. The issue is they can look at your account. If i am your neighbour, and I am kay poh, and I am one of those that is authorized to access the data base, i can easily find out your salary and earnings.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

What's there to guarantee that your personal information won't be stolen, sold, leaked or misused by the civil servants? :rolleyes:

The coffers of SG Inc must be emptying fast... hence the urge to lock up more of Sinkies' money. :wink:

This is PAP's sinkieland mah. There is no free lunch, except for the Lees and the kwas.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Force people to buy insurance? What kind of logic is this.. Fucked up..
im self employed, i pay for private medical insurance

yet i stlll have to pay medishield.
im told that if i dont use medishield for myself, can use to pay for my family memebers.
what family
I am a FOOking orphan, for FOOks sake

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Force people to buy insurance? What kind of logic is this.. Fucked up..

What is fucked up is people who are too cheapskate to pay for insurance demanding for free healthcare when they are saddled with heavy medical bills, which all could be avoided if they bought insurance many years ago.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What is fucked up is people who are too cheapskate to pay for insurance demanding for free healthcare when they are saddled with heavy medical bills, which all could be avoided if they bought insurance many years ago.

I am well covered by my own insurance.. Why the fuck I need this what shit shield.. I am not going to pay a single cent on that.. Fucked care.. I advise all sinkies to fuck care this medishield shit..