• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exposed: Rogue Oil Recycling Company Not Dealt With Cos of Connection with Elite Woh!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Citizen complains to DPM Teo Chee Hean About Misgivings at NEA[/h]
Date: 24 October 2014 3:31:14 pm SGT
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected], [email protected]
Subject: Verbal Warning Not Justiciable

Dear Sir/Mdm,

The recent news that Taiwan had apprehended many crooked companies’ bosses who asked their workers to illegally dispose waste oil in the sea and in unauthorized places had inspired me to forward this mail for your Chambers’ perusal.

I am in the marine industry for almost 20 years and had seen all kinds of tricks and illegal ways oil related companies had used to illegally dispose off their waste oil to save up on their disposal costs.

In late April this year, when I was returning back to shore at Samulun area or Tanjong Kling Road where my office is situated, I noticed that the whole seafront was blacken with a layer of waste oil.

For my subsequent work days I still noticed the waste oil floating in the same area and to my curiosity I told my boatman to go near the shore to see where the waste oil was coming out from. I saw a 6″ hose coming out under the jetty of a oil recycle company, NSL Oilchem, and to my horror waste oil was flowing out of it into the sea !

Immediately the next day I called the National Environment Agency (NEA) to make a complaint of this illegal discharging of waste oil into our sea and was put to one Mr Poon.
I told him the whole story and Mr Poon said they will investigate on the company, NSL Oilchem.

After a few days Mr Poon called me and said that they had caught NSL Oilchem discharging their waste oil not once but twice in two weeks and thank me for my information.

Mr Poon then also told me that NSL Oilchem will be brought to Court by their legal council when I asked him whether illegal action will be taken against NSL Oilchem or just a word of warning.

I called Mr Poon to enquire about the Court’s proceeding and how severely was NSL Oilchem being punished for their deliberate discharging of waste oil into the sea.

Mr Poon told me in many occasions that NEA will definitely take action against NSL, but till today was action really taken against NSL Oilchem all remains mystery!

The Plant Manager, Ngiam Tee Leng, had been very arrogant and said to our circle of seafarers that he knew someone had been complaining about NSL Oilchem and he added, “..tell him don’t waste his time, YOU MUST KNOW WHO OWNS NSL OILCHEM”…! I thought this kind of things only happens to the 3rd world countries but how can this happened in Singapore ?

In other parts of the world if illegal dumpers were caught they will be immediately sent to prison!

So in short, is there a double standards of NEA’s regulations being practised by some individual in NEA?

I hope that my complaint will shade some lights of this illegal discharging of waste oil and the offenders must be severely punished to deter others from following their foot-steps.

Incidentally, NSL Oilchem had an explosion in the year 2007 that claimed an innocent life and just last year at Tanoto Shipyard an explosion also claimed 5 lives, so is NEA taking chances on their vigilance and leniency towards big and established companies..?

Waste oil if not properly manage is like a time bomb waiting to explode.

Thank You.
Yours faithfully,
Eddie Tan

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Exposed: Rogue Oil Recycling Company Not Dealt With Cos of Connection with Elite

Dr Kwa Lay Keng
Chairman
Raffles Marina Holdings Ltd

is on the board of directors

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Exposed: Rogue Oil Recycling Company Not Dealt With Cos of Connection with Elite

Ang Kong Hua
Chairman
Global Logistic Properties Limited
Sembcorp Industries Ltd

Director
GIC

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like this you also know! *hee*hee*

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oh dear. Not another one. That's Singapore today. Sad.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Ok, have connection, so what are balless sinkies going to do about it? Nothing right? Balless right? Let's move on.

ILovePAP

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is a classic case of possible Corruption and Lack of Independece of Government Agencies.

Corruption in modern form does not have the elements of money passing hands.

It has evolved into a sophisticated way of scratching backs. The Government Agencies lacks independence and this makes it worse.

Sad sad ....

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ok, have connection, so what are balless sinkies going to do about it? Nothing right? Balless right? Let's move on.

Vivian will show Sinkies that he has balls to take the Kwa Familee to court on this case..

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lay Keng "Josephine" Kwa
Chairman,
Career History

Chairman Raffles Marina Holdings Ltd, PRESENT

Chief Executive Officer Nsl Ltd, 1/2011-10/2011

Chief Operating Officer Nsl Ltd, 10/2008-1/2011

Chief Operating Officer Natsteel Ltd, 7/2005-10/2008

Exec VP:Technology Dept Natsteel Ltd, 2000-7/2005

Senior VP:Research & Dev Natsteel Ltd, 1995-2000

she worked under Ang Kong Hua(nickname in RI ang kong kia) in natsteel.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

for many decades ships have been dumping sludge in johore waters.then proceed into singapore slipways and docks. the cost of cleaning goes to Malaysia when some sludge leaked from its tanks/bags and ends up on the beaches.

And illegal activities of bunker companies are covered by cash payments to marine police. This later evolved into piracy.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Lay Keng "Josephine" Kwa
Chairman,
Career History

Chairman Raffles Marina Holdings Ltd, PRESENT

Chief Executive Officer Nsl Ltd, 1/2011-10/2011

Chief Operating Officer Nsl Ltd, 10/2008-1/2011

Chief Operating Officer Natsteel Ltd, 7/2005-10/2008

Exec VP:Technology Dept Natsteel Ltd, 2000-7/2005

Senior VP:Research & Dev Natsteel Ltd, 1995-2000

she worked under Ang Kong Hua(nickname in RI ang kong kia) in natsteel.

She is pinky's cousin la
Daughter of Kwa Soon Chuan.....gekko's brother