• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Going Church vs Going Temple..

Singapore

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My friend's wife just converted from Buddhist/Taoist to Christianity.

My friend was cool about it until recently. He felt that that's personal choice so he let his wife be....

Recently he started complaining to me...His wife will now dressed up nicely every Sunday to go Church. He asked his wife why last time go temple pray can wear slippers and bermudas but go church now must make up and dress well?

And... why last time go temple only about once a month..but now every sunday must go church?

I told him .... good luck and take care... i am sure Religion is going to screw his marriage upside down...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Christianity as a religion, is way more organized than Buddhism or Taoism or Hinduism or form of animistic religion. That's the strength of the Abrahamic religions.

Whatever religion or place of worship, people generally pray for peace, prosperity and for their kids to have a better future. People generally place greater hope in Christianity to fulfill all these aspirations as compared to other religions. Hence, far fewer Christians convert to other religions than the other way around. Even in Malaysia, the mosques are most suspicious about Christians and Muslim kids from young are taught to dislike and distrust Christians and Jews. It's rarely the other way around. You can always sit in on sunday schools and sunday services to listen to the sermons.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal

My friend was cool about it until recently. He felt that that's personal choice so he let his wife be....

Recently he started complaining to me...His wife will now dressed up nicely every Sunday to go Church. He asked his wife why last time go temple pray can wear slippers and bermudas but go church now must make up and dress well?

And... why last time go temple only about once a month..but now every sunday must go church?

I told him .... good luck and take care... i am sure Religion is going to screw his marriage upside down...
wife got a boyfriend in church

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
big diff lo

go church u can see members wear long sleeves shirt and tie control traffic

temples, members wear t-shirts and shorts

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

His wife is leaving him to go to heaven since he can never go there until he kowtow to jesus cries. On the other, hand he is not saved and should be dangerous to have around. So your friend is screwed which way we look at his situation.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the guy, he can find heaven in Geyland. The wife has no such opportunity, that's why.

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Christianity is more modern, fashionable, high class, professionally organized, and Western. That's why your friend's wife wants to dress up & go to church every Sunday because Ang Moh religion is the best!

Buddhism and Taoism are for low class uneducated Sinkie losers who eat at Hawker Centres wearing T-shirts, bermudas, and slippers.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Christianity as a religion, is way more organized than Buddhism or Taoism or Hinduism or form of animistic religion. That's the strength of the Abrahamic religions.

Whatever religion or place of worship, people generally pray for peace, prosperity and for their kids to have a better future. People generally place greater hope in Christianity to fulfill all these aspirations as compared to other religions. Hence, far fewer Christians convert to other religions than the other way around. Even in Malaysia, the mosques are most suspicious about Christians and Muslim kids from young are taught to dislike and distrust Christians and Jews. It's rarely the other way around. You can always sit in on sunday schools and sunday services to listen to the sermons.

You're so fucked wrong.......more are leaving the Christian faith and joining Islam faith across the world. Only in China, South Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore, we see more people joining the Christian faith away from taoism and atheism or free thinking. We see more and more people converting from taoism to Buddhism too.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
his fren's wife is what to my li'l brother leetahsar would call : a TaoBuddTian :biggrin:

LTS is a buddhistian.

new age religionS. one can't be satisfy with just one religion. he has to be multi religious .

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
no religion is the best. maybe there are Gods but why should Gods help you ? think the Gods don't give a flying fuck about mortals troubles.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You're so fucked wrong.......more are leaving the Christian faith and joining Islam faith across the world. Only in China, South Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore, we see more people joining the Christian faith away from taoism and atheism or free thinking. We see more and more people converting from taoism to Buddhism too.

If the Islamic faith was that attractive, they wouldn't be needing religious police to jail or kill apostates, or rely on families to disown apostates. Even so, many Muslims take the plunge to leave Islam in spite of these threats. Far fewer people convert to Islam willingly. Most do so because they found a Muslim husband/wife.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If the Islamic faith was that attractive, they wouldn't be needing religious police to jail or kill apostates, or rely on families to disown apostates. Even so, many Muslims take the plunge to leave Islam in spite of these threats. Far fewer people convert to Islam willingly. Most do so because they found a Muslim husband/wife.

Your knowledge is so outdated and myopic. I believe you're in your sixties, reaching 70.......you better go for a quick re-education fast. You're spewing incomplete, narrow-minded hypocritical rubbish here most of the time.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your knowledge is so outdated and myopic. I believe you're in your sixties, reaching 70.......you better go for a quick re-education fast. You're spewing incomplete, narrow-minded hypocritical rubbish here most of the time.

Typical opposition supporter. Only know how to throw insults without backing up with any facts.

KOTA KINABALU: Hundreds, if not thousands, of “instant” Muslim converts in Sabah risk spending a lengthy stint at a rehabilitation centre about 20km from here reflecting on their faith in the coming year.

They belong to the group of mass Muslim converts who switched religions during the Usno era of Tun Mustapha Dato Harun in the late 1960s and early 1970s when many were discreetly told that their promotion prospects would be greatly enhanced if they became Muslims.

Shortly after independence in 1963, Sabah underwent a kind of non-ethnic religious cleansing, with promotion prospects in the public sector and career development in the uniformed services dangled as incentives. It started with Mustapha Harun’s chief ministership.

Many changed their names, became senior government officers, gained favours and shortly before retirement turned their backs on the faith and returned to their old Christian, Buddhist or other beliefs.

The present Chief Minister Musa Aman and many of today’s personalities in the corridors of power were Usno members and Mustapha’s protégés.

Mustapha was renowned for his mass conversion ceremonies where rural Sabahans were “incentivised” with cash and kind.

During his tenure, many civil servants received letters “educating” them of the choices before them for their security of tenure and promotion prospects.

It was a period when many Sino-Kadazans dropped their Chinese surnames and adopted indigenised native sounding names. During the 1980s they returned to their previous religions in droves.

No reprieve

Come the new year, their “reprieve” for religious practice will be over. It will be up to 36 months or three years in the slammer for “rehabilitation” if they don’t return to their chosen faith.

Sabah Islamic Affairs Department (Jheains) director Amri A Suratman on Christmas Eve last week said that his department will enforce Sabah’s apostasy law once its faith rehabilitation centre in Kinarut is ready in 2011.

FMT staff visited the Jabatan Kehakiman Syariah Negeri Sabah at the Wisma Muis here to ascertain what will happen to apostates at the Jheains’ faith rehabilitation centre in Kinarut.

According to a senior counsel who requested anonymity, suspected apostates will hauled to the syariah court and, if found guilty, will be detained at the faith rehabilitation centre up to 36 months for re-education.

This is provided for under the Kesalahan Jenayah Syariah Tahun 1995 No. 3 under Section 63, he said.

If after the period the apostates are still unrepentant “they can be re-arrested and then charged and detained again… it is all up to the syariah court to mete out the sentences”.

The Christmas Eve announcement has been met with foreboding. The people of Sabah have seen it all before.

Although the Federal Constitution and the 20-point agreement provide for freedom of religion, in reality, the interpretation and implementation differ.

Political observers say the latest religious moves in the state known for its relaxed way of life and acceptance of all, irrespective of race or religion, is an indication of a hardline stance creeping into the state with the entry of Umno and peninsular-based political parties into state politics.

“Umno’s entry into Sabah has reignited the religious zeal and excesses of Mustapha that slowly vanished during the Berjaya and PBS governments,” said a political observer.

There has always been a kind of wariness over all religious matters in Sabah after the almost decades-long misrule of the state by tainted politicians, many of whom are still in power today.

Sworn deed

That one group can preach to the other but not vice-versa has always been an enigma for the natives who pointed out that even print advertisements and religious publications must carry the caveat “for non-Muslim only”.

It was a practice in Sabah to take out a sworn deed drawn up by a lawyer and then placed as an advertisement in a local newspaper to affirm that “converted” person no longer practised the faith.

Several prominent people, including relatives of top politicians, bought advertisement space in local newspapers to renounce their faith in this manner while others just reverted to their old religions.

One such case that came to prominence was when a women who was married to a Muslim divorced her husband after being battered. She subsequently also renounced her faith.

Islamic authorities decried such efforts to cut lifelong ties with the faith, saying that it was a gross insult and humiliation to the religion.

The new Jheains warning is causing some unease among non-Muslims and those who have Muslim relatives by way of marriage.

Even before the body-snatching cases in the peninsula became public issues, in Sabah there were such cases where converts who were buried by their non-Muslim family saw their corpses acrimoniously exhumed to be reburied in Muslim cemeteries.

Kinarut is a sleepy town that is slowly beginning to awake due to its strategic location half way between the Kota Kinabalu International Airport and the southern township and district of Papar.

Religious freedom under Pairin

It is the site where Muslim refugees from the southern Philippines were resettled in housing provided by the Resettlement Unit of the Chief Minister’s Department during Mustapha’s Usno administration in the 1970s.

During the Berjaya administration of chief minster Harris Mohd Salleh a similar religious zeal also partly caused the party’s popularity to drop among the non-Muslim natives.

It was under PBS chief minister Joseph Pairin Kitingan’s rule in the mid-1980s till the early 1990s that Sabah enjoyed the greatest religious freedom.

But today many Muslims are not happy with the status quo. A FMT survey of 100 Muslim respondents – 79 of them born Muslims – revealed that a majority agreed with the move to enforce punishment for apostates.

Musa in his Christmas message said: “Early this year, we went through some turbulent days over religious matters.

“However, peace-loving Malaysians remained level-headed and chose not to stoop to those who were out to instigate religious tensions.”

He was referring to the firebombing of churches in the peninsula although politically incited “religious” stand-offs occurred in Sabah after Usno came to power and after both it and Berjaya lost power.

The truth is that in Sabah, more people convert to Islam every day than those who convert out.

Most of those who convert out of Islam are people who were not originally Muslims.

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/category/nation/2011/01/01/sabah-apostates-repent-or-go-to-jail/

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
He who loves God will be blessed for generations to come.

He who hates God will be cursed for generations to come.

Idols in the temples can be thrown away like garbage and nothing will happens to you.

If Jesus has conquered death what are you still afraid of?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bullshit lah. What conquer? Being staked n left to rot is hardly any semblance of noble or heroic act. That bugger can't even save his own life. Only diff is pple turning up usng his name for one purpose or another. Like Kong Hee. He is rich becos of gullible pple eating off his hands.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jesus has been resurrected!

Like the auntie who has clean clothes and new makeup!! A new life!