• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poly Grads facing declining real salaries and greater difficulty finding employment

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
The job landscape is looking worse for polytechnic graduates.

Median salaries have remained stagnant and employment opportunities are also weakening, the latest Graduate Employment Survey released yesterday revealed.

Last year, median gross salary did not change at all. Median gross salaries remained at only $2,000 per month, and this is similar to what polytechnic graduates were earning in 2013.

In 2012, median gross salary was $1,950.

Prior to that, the median gross salary remained stagnant for several years as well. In 2008, it was $1,854 but by 2011, it actually dropped to $1,850.

Since inflation has been increasing faster than nominal salaries, this means that the real median gross salaries of polytechnic graduates have actually been declining.

Core inflation is expected to increase by 2 to 2.5 percent this year whereas it was 1.7 percent in 2013 and 2.5 percent in 2012.

Thus not only does this mean that actual salaries of polytechnic graduates have remained stagnant, their real wages have fared even worse as they have indeed fell.

More at Poly Grads are facing declining real salaries and greater difficulty finding employment

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Poly Grads facing declining real salaries and greater difficulty finding employme

Poly grads are known to be of inferior stock to A-level students, most of whom go on to university. Hence, it is not surprising that poly students are doing worse in their careers after getting their diplomas. If they were any good, they would be sitting for their A-levels and doing their best to bag a top government scholarship, instead of throwing in the towel after getting their O level results.

Vietcong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Poly Grads facing declining real salaries and greater difficulty finding employme

Poly grads are known to be of inferior stock to A-level students, most of whom go on to university. Hence, it is not surprising that poly students are doing worse in their careers after getting their diplomas. If they were any good, they would be sitting for their A-levels and doing their best to bag a top government scholarship, instead of throwing in the towel after getting their O level results.
like your illegitimate sinkie son?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

like your illegitimate sinkie son?

Which one? I cuckolded many men, and the tally is not yet over.

When I talk about my kids, I am talking about the legit ones. Bastards are not counted.

Vietcong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Which one? I cuckolded many men, and the tally is not yet over.

When I talk about my kids, I am talking about the legit ones. Bastards are not counted.

soIsee...you must have prostate cancer now ... viet people curse beri beri chun one u know

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal

The fuck you two talking about?

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal

$1,000 good enough, can buy HDB flat, are they being realistic?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Then ask PM Lee wtf are the polys for :cool::rolleyes:

danielsim

Alfrescian
Loyal

With so many uni grads around not being able to find jobs already, i honestly dont think poly grads do stand an equal chance to secure something substantial

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

derisory salary level ,according to sinkie women

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

With so many uni grads around not being able to find jobs already, i honestly dont think poly grads do stand an equal chance to secure something substantial

That is a typical opposition statement. Unsubstantiated and full of cock. Vast majority of our graduates can find good paying jobs.

Last year’s average monthly starting salary was S$2,683 for Bachelor Degree (without Honors), S$2,795 for Bachelor Degree (Honors, Second Lower) and S$2,892 for Bachelor Degree (Honors, Second Upper).

For degree holders, Engineering graduates command the highest average starting salary of $2,888 a month. Legal graduates come in second at $2,856 per month, while Information Technology graduates can ask for an average of $2,816 a month.
https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/hired-ten-highest-paying-jobs-071200009.html