• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KEE CHIU FUCKs AH JUAN!!!

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy won more votes than Kee Chiu

slipperman.jpg

Having won more votes than Kee Chiu in every Election he contested, does that make him more a success compared to Kee Chiu?:o

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 5 reasons why Minister CCS decided to poke CSJ via Huffington Post

Because peng Kia from dictatorship will always beat doctor in a war of words on a liberal platform. I recommend the noose

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Chee Soon Juan responds to Chan Chun Sing

Source: Singapore Democratic Party (SDP)

10940547_10153214594933455_726465489102085309_n.png

The Straits Times has refused to publish Dr Chee Soon Juan's letter to Mr Chan Chun Sing. It wanted to edit out the essence of Dr Chee's reply. When Dr Chee said that he would like the letter to be published in full, the Straits Times refused. (The paragraphs in brackets mentioning Mr Lee Kuan Yew and foreigners are the ones the ST wants removed.)

IT IS NOT I WHO IS SACRIFICING SINGAPORE

In his letter 'Chee sacrifices S'pore to win points overseas: Chan Chun Sing' (ST, January 16, 2015), Minister Chan suggests that I am anti-Singapore because I publish op-eds in the international media.

I did not write these pieces to criticise Singapore, I wrote them to criticise PAP policies. The PAP and Singapore are two different things. We must not equate one with the other.

The reason I have written in these news sites is because Singaporean newspapers are reluctant to publish my pieces. Just in the last three month, the Straits Times has rejected all three of my op-eds which I submitted.

[If Mr Chan insists that I am undermining Singapore, then he should note that it is not I but Mr Lee Kuan Yew who, in an interview with National Geographic, a Western magazine, rather uncharitably likened Singaporeans to indolent animals where "spurs" had to be "stuck into the hide” to make us work harder.

It is not I but the PAP who are persuading young Singaporeans not to pursue a university education while giving foreign students generous financial grants to study at our universities.

It is not I but the Government who has allowed in millions of foreigners to work in Singapore at the expense of Singaporeans' jobs and wages.]

Mr Chan should not be directing his anger at me.

He says that I betrayed Mr Chiam See Tong. Former High Court Justice Warren Khoo who presided over the trial between Mr Chiam and the SDP said that he could find no malicious behaviour on the part of the SDP since the Central Executive Committee did attempt to seek reconciliation with Mr Chiam.

To be sure, Mr Chiam has contributed significantly to Singapore and the SDP honours him. We will do this by inviting him to our 35th anniversary dinner to be held later this year.

The differences between the SDP and him are miniscule compared to the problems Singaporeans are facing. It is important that we come together and work for the good of our nation.

There are genuine differences in how the SDP and PAP want to take Singapore forward. On this we can have an honest, even robust, debate. But let us not continue to demonise each other just because we hold different views.

Singaporeans want us to have a contest of ideas, not call each other names.

Chee Soon Juan
Secretary-General
Singapore Democratic Party

End Of Article​

10382820_779715915394731_559939487432045905_n.jpg

10915211_727928837321530_4452727616307156724_n.jpg

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CSJ invited CCS to a debate. Will he have the lampar to accept, prove his credentials

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/01/17/st-tries-to-censor-chees-letter-mentioning-lky-and-fts/

It’s not known why ST wanted to censor this part as what Dr Chee stated above are known facts.

ST editors appointed by PAP Govt

Former Straits Times’ editor-in-chief Cheong Yip Seng, who has since retired, wrote in his memoir, ‘OB Markers: My Straits Times Story’, that the government is regularly meddling in the media [Link].

The Singapore government’s intervention in media is legendary. Mr Cheong described many episodes in his book – from appointments of editors to shaping coverage of political and foreign events and even to minor stories like stamp-collecting, carpet-buying and MSG.

Mr Cheong’s memoir put on record the media-government tensions and the astonishing governmental meddling that editors like Mr Cheong had to deal with regularly.

Did the government also meddle in the publication of Dr Chee’s letter in this case? Or perhaps the ST editors afraid of rattling their “bosses” decided to apply some self-censorship?

The bigger question is, does it even matter now in this 21st century when high speed internet, social media, super fast smart phones and smart TVs are thriving?

What do you think?

Dr Chee concluded his letter by inviting Mr Chan to an honest debate of ideas, “There are genuine differences in how the SDP and PAP want to take Singapore forward. On this we can have an honest, even robust, debate.”

“But let us not continue to demonise each other just because we hold different views. Singaporeans want us to have a contest of ideas, not call each other names,” he added

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: CSJ invited CCS to a debate. Will he have the lampar to accept, prove his credent

PAP won't debate with SDP. They are not so silly as to fall for SDP's trap. SDP merely wants a free national platform to share their harebrained schemes, which are guaranteed to backfire and be a huge financial drain on Singapore's wealth. By then, it would be too late to repent.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will name-calling CCS dare stand in SMC to resolve the issue?

Some commentators have called this name calling or character assassination. (Full test of the article is available in all the main media and also at TRE). The letter was about Chee Soon Juan as a person and his character in question. It was about him as not honourable, a bankrupt, ungrateful, and misconduct. It related his affairs and encounters with politicians, govt officials and his employers that are negative.

As they said, food for the gander is food for the goose. Are these the lines drawn by the PAP as acceptable fodder for the GE campaign whereby political parties can dig out everything they could find about their political opponents and to use them freely in name calling and character assassination to win the votes? These were thought to be the OB lines in the past where anyone crossing them would be condemned as mean, unethical, hitting below the belt, dishonourable or unacceptable.

Now that Chan Chun Sing, signing off as the Minister for Social and Family Development and using them to attack a potential political opponent, does it signal http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Will name-calling CCS dare stand in SMC to resolve the issue?

Chan Chun Sing can take back Hougang and earn his cred!

micromachine

Lieutenant General
Loyal
Re: CSJ invited CCS to a debate. Will he have the lampar to accept, prove his credent

CCS doesn't have the flair of an orator, he will be handed his ass by CSJ anytime anyday.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CCS doesn't have the flair of an orator, he will be handed his ass by CSJ anytime anyday.

CCS should give a response, one way or another.
Either way, he's got to stick the other foot into his ass, after the first one in his mouth.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Will name-calling CCS dare stand in SMC to resolve the issue?

Mathias Yao did stand in an SMC vs Chee years ago, and made Chee his bitch by a large margin. Chan Chun Sing would win Chee easily. A President Scholar is more credible than a washed up bankrupted opposition leader.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Singapore wants people who can get things done, not people who can only talk cock. If you still don't understand how voters think, then you are quite deluded. Just like Chee.

jw5

Loyal

Is Chan Chun Sing a "Weighty" Ministar? LOL .................................... :biggrin:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is Chan Chun Sing a "Weighty" Ministar? LOL .................................... :biggrin:

Yes, he is a "weighty" minister - if the KPI is based on the biggest pile of shit coming out of one's mouth.
He is the champion.

jw5

Loyal

He is the World Heavyweighty Champion. :biggrin:

Yes, he is a "weighty" minister - if the KPI is based on the biggest pile of shit coming out of one's mouth.
He is the champion.