• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SEA Games 2015 only 5 months away, anyone know the budget?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
All I hear is kee Chiu and other PAP mouthpieces Lim Teck Yin saying it will not be the fiasco like YOG and will be cost effective. Lancheow lah. Only 5 months to go and they still have not published a detailed breakdown of the budget? That is just an outright scam again. They are learning the wrong lessons from the YOG fiasco. This time, they are not even mentioning what he budget is, so, at the end of the day, who is to know whether it will be exceeded or not? I think they have to release it now, so that taxpayers can scrutinize it. Unless of course, the cost for this 5 rate sporting event is so high that they are afraid to tell the people. This is the PAP's idea of transparency?

As early as August 2014, Minister LAwrence Wong was asked in Parliament what is the budget for the SEA games and he taichi away the answer. The fucktard couldn't even provide a ballpark approximation. I fear this is going to be another cock up along the lines of YOG.

Exercise prudence in budget for SEA Games 2015
04 August 2014

Question

Assoc Prof Tan Kheng Boon Eugene: To ask the Minister for Culture, Community and Youth (a) what is the total budget allocated for the 28th Southeast Asian Games to be held in Singapore in June 2015; (b) what measures are in place to ensure that the spending limits are strictly observed so that the budget is not exceeded; and (c) whether any profits are expected to be generated from the Games.

Response

Minister Lawrence Wong: The Singapore SEA Games Organising Committee (SINGSOC) is presently finalising the budget for the SEA Games, as some of the detailed specifications for the Games are pending confirmation.

SINGSOC is keeping a close watch on the costs of hosting the Games, and working hard to keep costs down. For example, it has been working closely with the Singapore National Olympic Council and the SEA Games Federation to manage key cost drivers under its control, such as the number of sports and events, as well as appropriate service levels for areas such as hospitality and competition setups. To minimise development costs, the Games will largely be held in existing sports facilities, including our new Sports Hub. SINGSOC is also working hard to seek corporate sponsorship to defray the costs of organising the Games. There will, however, be cost factors that are less easy to control such as security provisions which are based on prevailing risk assessments and manpower costs.

Based on the experience of other SEA Games, we do not expect to generate profits out of these Games. Other than corporate sponsorship, the other main source of income is ticket sales. However, we intend to price the tickets to encourage participation, and not to try to fully recover costs, let alone generate profits.

We are hosting the SEA Games as part of our responsibilities as a member of ASEAN. We will do it prudently and in a way which creates lasting benefits for the sport scene in Singapore.
- See more at: http://www.mccy.gov.sg/news/Parliamentary/2014/Aug/SEAG2015_budget.aspx#sthash.gvD2ohXX.dpuf

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actual = Budget :biggrin:............ budget well controlled..........give the men a Tiger plus a raise for a job well done:biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Dun worry the accounts will be transparent.....
So TRANSPARENT and clear until invisible that you can't see

Hahhahahaha. Yeah the camouflage is damn good. I cannot find the budget anywhere. Probably in some fine print in the MCCY website. maybe the only copy of the SEA games budget is in Lawrence wong's toilet being used as jamban paper.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
For starter, all athletes an officials have been promised 4 and 5 stars hotel. This info was in the media.

wah lau, like that $300 per night and upwards, minimum. I understand there is over 5000 athletes. Sinkie taxpayers really pokarlai. KNNB.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I bet my last dollar it will go overbudget, its just a matter of how much over.

Can call Ladbrokes and see if they will give you odds on the over or under. YOG over budget by almost 300%. Can Ah law beat Vivian or not?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
wah lau, like that $300 per night and upwards, minimum. I understand there is over 5000 athletes. Sinkie taxpayers really pokarlai. KNNB.

U forget add official that another 5000 head count. If each person stay here on average 10 day. Do the math.
Then transport, food, ..........................................................

I estimate the cost will be $1b or more.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vile pappies like to haolian and roll out red carpet and give freebies to foreigners.....
Who knows maybe can attract some FT sportsmen to get pink ic

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U forget add official that another 5000 head count. If each person stay here on average 10 day. Do the math.
Then transport, food, ..........................................................

If 1 billion to host such a 3rd rate regional sports event then pappirs are either lining their pockets or throwing money away....or both

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I forgot about the officials, once got free 5 star accomodations, they will arrive in droves.