• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Self-proclaimed Sinkie "Inventor" Gets Patent Revoked!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Facing a long-drawn and uphill lawsuit with the Ministry of Defence over a patent issue, Dr Ting Choon Meng, an innovator and medical professional, decided to withdraw his case due to mounting legal costs and a battle for which he saw no end in sight.

Even worse, given that Mindef is now demanding about S$580,000 in legal fees, to have his patent revoked and assign the rights to the Ministry, Dr Ting is looking at the very grim prospects of closing down his company Mobilestats Technologies Pte Ltd, the company holding the patent rights to his invention, the Station With Immediate First-Aid Treatment (SWIFT) vehicle.

swift-vehicle-650x459.png

“I am completely disheartened,” said Dr Ting. “After this incident, suffice to say that I have lost confidence in Singapore’s ability to be a global IP hub.”

What made his case even more poignant is that Dr Ting was appointed to the board of directors for the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) since April 2013. He has since stepped down in January 2014, after he withdrew his case against Mindef.

“It has come to a point whereby I am honestly convinced that there is no true conviction right at the top of our government for Singapore to be transformed into a Global IP Hub,” he had written in his resignation letter.

“Recent events and processes in my own encounter have unfortunately shown me that without real conviction and internalization from the top, what we are trying to do in IPOS are but lip service.”

International certification for innovation

Dr Ting and his partners invented SWIFT, effectively a quick-deployment first aid station for crisis use, after the 11 September 2001 attacks on the US. Television footage of 9/11 made him realise that a vehicle-based medical facility would be a great game-changer in managing casualties during crises.

Subsequently, he applied for patent rights for his invention in no less than nine countries and successfully obtained the rights to intellectual property (IP) in almost all of them, including his home country Singapore.

His application to IPOS was filed on 27 December 2002, whereby it received a few rounds of checks through the reputed Danish Patent and Trademark Office, before it was finally approved on 6 July 2005.

Dr Ting and his partners continued to file for patent rights in eight other countries and regions, and received similar approvals in Australia, Japan, Israel, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, the United States of America and Europe.

During the long journey of certifying the IP for SWIFT, Dr Ting and his partners presented the concept to Commissioner of the Singapore Civil Defence Force Singapore Civil Defence Force, Mr James Tan, in 2004 and was asked to help build a prototype for trial purposes.

CDF eventually called for a tender in 2006 for vendors to manufacture SWIFT, and within the tender documents, indicated that interested bidders need to first sign a licensing agreement with Mobilestats before SCDF would consider their bid. The SWIFT vehicles went on to serve its operational needs, and were publicised several times as an icon of “SCDF innovation”.

“It needs to be ruggedized”

However, Dr Ting had a less pleasant experience with Mindef. At a trade fair in 2005, Dr Ting spoke to BG (Dr) Wong Yue Sie, then chief of the SAF Medical Corps, about the SWIFT vehicle that was on display.

“He told me that changes would have to be made to the vehicle if it were to be adapted for SAF’s use,” recounted Dr Ting. “For example, the vehicle would have to be painted to camouflage and it needed to be ruggedized. I told him that such changes would not be a problem, but I informed him the vehicle was patented.”

“He told me that he would contact SCDF and said to me that, “maybe we can do it on our own” or words to that effect. I remember that clearly because I remember telling him that he could not do that because the vehicle was patented.”

Dr Ting never heard from Mindef since. However, in April 2009, the Defence Science and Technology Agency called a tender to procure a “Mobile First-Aid Post”. While the tender required bidders to obtain licensing agreements for IP, DSTA’s tender did not specifically mention Dr Ting’s SWIFT, as SCDF’s has done. The contract was eventually awarded to Syntech Engineers Pte Ltd for production, which did not contact Dr Ting or his partner about the patent.

“In fact, I didn’t know that they infringed our IP until we saw the vehicle exhibited at National Day Parade 2011,” said Dr Ting. It was supposedly the same vehicle that was featured in the 2011 National Day Parade, apparently as a fully operational model.

MINDEFs-SWIFT-vehicle-650x294.png

Intention to infringe?

Dr Ting decided to pursue the legal route with Mindef. “I can’t take it up with the vendor – they will just throw it back to Mindef, because they set out the tender. In any case, it was Mindef who drew up the specifications, they decided on the vehicle, so they should uphold the IP.”

Curiously, in the exchange of legal letters, Mindef’s representing lawyers from Wong and Leow LLC accidentally faxed him a letter from Syntech, dated March 2009 and addressed to Mindef, outlined the company’s clear intent not to pay any heed to Dr Ting’s patent. Syntech wrote:

“We noted your concern with regards to the possible infringement of their patent rights under their SG Publication Number 113446. Together with our legal advisors, we have studied their patent design as compared to our Medical Shelter design submitted under Tender Ref No. 7108105610. We have conclude that there is no infringement of their patent rights. Moreover, we have also concluded that their patent lacked novelty and/or inventive step… As such, it will be very difficult for them to defend their patent rights.”

After receiving the fax, Dr Ting said Wong and Leow LLC frantically called him to ask him to destroy the letter.

Syntech-Mindef-fax-491x650.jpg

“It’s clear that Mindef is aware of potential infringement and had asked Syntech about it, but the company has decided not to obtain the IP license from us,” said Dr Ting. “Why did Mindef let that happen? Instead, they have effectively decided that our IP can be contested. And this was after IPOS has certified the patent!”

War of attrition

What Dr Ting did not count on was that the case would drag on for two years, costing him a fortune that effectively outweighed any licensing fee he would have been able to obtain from a successful case.

“It’s a war of attrition,” he said. “Mindef not only had the Attorney General defending them, they also contracted Wong and Leow. Why did they need so many lawyers? They kept delaying the case, claiming that their witness was not available. Meanwhile, every delay cost me in legal fees. I have no more money to fight this case.”

Eventually, Dr Ting decided to drop the case in January 2014, as the legal cost was too high for him to bear.

Just as perturbing was Mindef’s actions to “settle” the case. Dr Ting had offered them settlement terms indicating that each party pay for their legal fees, that he would not claim IP license fees for the vehicles Mindef has already built and allowing them royalty-free use for up to three years. However, charges will apply for subsequent vehicles built by Mindef. Fairly reasonable, he thought.

However, just two weeks before the scheduled trial, Mindef dropped a bombshell with their “counter-offer”: Dr Ting had to pay for Mindef legal costs, drop all claims to IP, and surrender his patent for SWIFT in Singapore as well as for the other seven countries the patent is registered in. This meant that Dr Ting not only lost the right to claim damages for the original infringement, but can no longer exercise his patent rights to SWIFT with other developers anywhere else in the world.

Just as strangely, although the courts awarded Mindef the right to revoke Dr Ting’s patent for SWIFT in October 2014, he heard from his sources that the agency has to date not gone to IPOS to complete the revocation.

“When I dropped the case, my conditions was that I would not claim for the vehicles Mindef has made, so long as they stop infringing on my IP,” said Dr Ting. “Instead, they countered by demanding that I pay their legal fees, and grant them free use of the patent.”

Meanwhile, Wong and Leow LLC slapped him with a legal bill of about S$580,000. Dr Ting had no more money to pay, and would likely have to put the company in receivership. Which means any party that takes over Mobilestats would still have the IP rights to SWIFT, until Mindef chooses to revoke it with IPOS.

“I honestly have no idea what Mindef is now planning to do with the IP for SWIFT,” said Dr Ting. “What I do know is that Mindef has produced up to 58 copies of the same vehicles. What for? I was a battalion commander in the Medical Corps before, and by my estimate, the entire SAF would only need about 12 to 14 SWIFT vehicles for its entire operational needs. Why produce 58?”

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...y-mindef-to-close-company-over-patent-rights/

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what is NEW in kangaroo land?

Unless Ah Ting did not believe there are kangaroos hopping all around him all these times? LoL

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Inventor for mobile medical station forced by MINDEF to surrender patent, while SCDF

Inventor forced by Mindef to close company over patent rights | The Online Citizen

Facing a long-drawn and uphill legal arbitration with the Ministry of Defence over a patent issue, Dr Ting Choon Meng, an innovator and medical professional, decided to withdraw his case due to mounting legal costs and a battle for which he saw no end in sight.

Even worse, given that Mindef is now demanding about S$580,000 in legal fees, to have his patent revoked and assign the rights to the Ministry, Dr Ting is looking at the very grim prospects of closing down his company Mobilestats Technologies Pte Ltd, the company holding the patent rights to his invention, the Station With Immediate First-Aid Treatment (SWIFT) vehicle.

“I am completely disheartened,” said Dr Ting. “After this incident, suffice to say that I have lost confidence in Singapore’s ability to be a global IP hub.”

What made his case even more poignant is that Dr Ting was appointed to the board of directors for the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) since April 2013. He has since stepped down in January 2014, after he withdrew his case against Mindef.

“It has come to a point whereby I am honestly convinced that there is no true conviction right at the top of our government for Singapore to be transformed into a Global IP Hub,” he had written in his resignation letter.

“Recent events and processes in my own encounter have unfortunately shown me that without real conviction and internalization from the top, what we are trying to do in IPOS are but lip service.”

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rogue mindef wants sg to give up his patent for his invention to them

[h=1]MINDEF WANTS MAN TO GIVE UP HIS PATENT FOR HIS INVENTION TO THEM[/h]
Post date:
15 Jan 2015 - 3:34pm

[photo credit: The Straits Times]
A ex-military man who have been fighting the Ministry of Defence over his patent rights have become completely disillusioned with the Singapore government and no longer believes that Singapore has what it takes to become a global IP hub.

“I am completely disheartened,” Dr Ting Choon Meng told The Online Citizen.

“After this incident, suffice to say that I have lost confidence in Singapore’s ability to be a global IP hub.”

Dr Ting is the owner of Mobilestats Technologies Pte Ltd.

After the 11 September 2001 attacks on the United States, Dr Ting and his partners invented the Station With Immediate First-Aid Treatment (SWIFT) vehicle.
SWIFT is a mobile clinic that can be deployed in times of emergency.

Dr Ting later applied for patent rights for his vehicle in at least nine countries and obtained intellectual property (IP) rights in nearly all these countries, including Singapore.

He applied to the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) on 27 December 2002 whereby checks were made with the Danish Patent and Trademark Office.

He got his IP from IPOS on 6 July 2005.

Dr Ting then filed for patent rights and also got them in Australia, Japan, Israel, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, the United States of America and Europe.

However, his patent in Singapore will now most likely be revoked because of an overbearing government which believes that they have the right to brush him aside for his work.

In 2004, Dr Ting and his partners presented SWIFT to the Commissioner of the Singapore Civil Defence Force Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), Mr James Tan.
They were asked to help build a prototype.

In 2006, SCDF then called for a tender to manufacture SWIFT. Bidders were required to sign a licensing agreement with Mobilestats before SCDF in order for their bid to be considered.
Later, SCDF would call SWIFT an “SCDF innovation”.

That was fine and all but in 2005, Dr Ting met BG (Dr) Wong Yue Sie at a trade fair where Dr Ting's vehicle was on display. BG Wong was then chief of the SAF Medical Corps.

“He told me that changes would have to be made to the vehicle if it were to be adapted for SAF’s use,” Dr Ting said.

“For example, the vehicle would have to be painted to camouflage and it needed to be ruggedized. I told him that such changes would not be a problem, but I informed him the vehicle was patented.”

“He told me that he would contact SCDF and said to me that, “maybe we can do it on our own” or words to that effect. I remember that clearly because I remember telling him that he could not do that because the vehicle was patented.”

And then, that was the last contact that Dr Ting has with Mindef, until the shock came.

In April 2009, the Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) called for a tender to procure a “Mobile First-Aid Post”.

The tender also said bidders had to obtain licensing agreements for IP.

But DSTA did not mention Dr Ting's SWIFT.

DSTA eventually awarded the contract to Syntech Engineers Pte Ltd to produce the vehicle but they never contacted Dr Ting and his partners.

“In fact, I didn’t know that they infringed our IP until we saw the vehicle exhibited at National Day Parade 2011,” Dr Ting said.

During the 2011 National Day Parade, Mindef then brought out their own version of the SWIFT vehicle to display and it was already fully operational.
So Dr Ting decided to take legal action against Mindef.

“I can’t take it up with the vendor – they will just throw it back to Mindef, because they set out the tender. In any case, it was Mindef who drew up the specifications, they decided on the vehicle, so they should uphold the IP."
It was found later found that Mindef knew that it could be infringing Dr Ting's patent rights but it went ahead to build its own vehicle.

Mindef’s lawyers from Wong and Leow LLC had accidentally faxed a letter to Dr Ting. => Heaven got eyes!

The letter was sent from Syntech to Mindef in March 2009.

“We noted your concern with regards to the possible infringement of their patent rights under their SG Publication Number 113446," Syntech said.

"Together with our legal advisors, we have studied their patent design as compared to our Medical Shelter design submitted under Tender Ref No. 7108105610.

"We have conclude that there is no infringement of their patent rights. Moreover, we have also concluded that their patent lacked novelty and/or inventive step… As such, it will be very difficult for them to defend their patent rights.”

Wong and Leow LLC wanted Dr Ting to shred the letter to pieces.

“It’s clear that Mindef is aware of potential infringement and had asked Syntech about it, but the company has decided not to obtain the IP license from us," Dr Ting said.

“Why did Mindef let that happen? Instead, they have effectively decided that our IP can be contested. And this was after IPOS has certified the patent!”

But Mindef didn't care. It was going to wear Dr Ting out.

“It’s a war of attrition,” Dr Ting said.

“Mindef not only had the Attorney General defending them, they also contracted Wong and Leow. Why did they need so many lawyers? They kept delaying the case, claiming that their witness was not available. Meanwhile, every delay cost me in legal fees. I have no more money to fight this case.”

After two years, it became too expensive for him to fight. He had to give up the case in January 2014.

The government successfully wore him out.

But that was not the last of the government's attacks against Dr Ting.

When Mindef wanted to "settle" out of court, Dr Ting said they could each pay their own legal fees and he would not ask Mindef to pay him the IP license fees. He would also let Mindef use the vehicles royalty-free for up to three years but if Mindef were to make vehicles later, they should pay charges to him.

He thought that this was reasonable.

But Mindef got back to him two weeks before the scheduled trial and gave him a "counter-offer". Mindef wanted Dr Ting to pay them legal costs, drop all claims to IP and give up his patent to Mindef not just in Singapore but in the seven countries that Dr Ting has registered the patent.

Dr Ting would lose everything.

The government wanted to take everything from him.

In October 2014, the court took the side of Mindef and said Mindef could revoke Dr Ting's patent but Mindef has not got to IPOS to revoke Dr Ting's patent yet.

“When I dropped the case, my conditions was that I would not claim for the vehicles Mindef has made, so long as they stop infringing on my IP,” Dr Ting said.

“Instead, they countered by demanding that I pay their legal fees, and grant them free use of the patent.”

And now, Wong and Leow LLC has asked him to pay them $580,000 in legal fees.

But Dr Ting has no more money and he is now forced to sell his company, Mobilestats.

“I honestly have no idea what Mindef is now planning to do with the IP for SWIFT,” said Dr Ting.

“What I do know is that Mindef has produced up to 58 copies of the same vehicles. What for? I was a battalion commander in the Medical Corps before, and by my estimate, the entire SAF would only need about 12 to 14 SWIFT vehicles for its entire operational needs. Why produce 58?”

Did Mindef wanted Dr Ting's patent so that it could produce vehicles to sell them for profit?

Ironically, Dr Ting was also appointed to the board of directors at the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) since April 2013.

But he has since stepped down in January 2014 after he decided to stop fighting.

“It has come to a point whereby I am honestly convinced that there is no true conviction right at the top of our government for Singapore to be transformed into a Global IP Hub,” he wrote in his resignation letter.

Another man bites the dust.

And Singapore's dream to become and IP hub has become a laughing stock.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Rogue mindef wants sg to give up his patent for his invention to them

https://www.sgh.com.sg/about-us/newsroom/news-release/2010/Pages/ThepassingofDrWongYueSie.aspx

[h=1]The passing of Dr Wong Yue Sie
[/h]

• Email Page
  • Print
  • Adjust font size

29 May 2010

internetRelease.jpg
It is
with great sadness that we announce the passing of Dr Wong Yue Sie 黄榆思, on 28
May 2010. He was 49.

Dr Wong developed a massive stroke on 21 May 2010.
Despite emergency surgery, he succumbed to the severity of the condition without
regaining consciousness. He is survived by his wife, Madam Choy Sok Cheng, 47,
and two teenage daughters.

Dr Wong was SingHealth’s Group Chief
Operating Officer. He was also Chief Operating Officer and Chairman, Division of
Ambulatory and Clinical Support Services at Singapore General Hospital (SGH). An
Orthopaedic Surgeon by training, Dr Wong had a special interest in sports
medicine and arthroscopy. Before joining SGH in October 2006, Dr Wong served as
a career medical officer in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) from 1985 to 2006.
He was the Chief of the SAF Medical Corps from 2001 to 2006.

In August
2008, upon the request of the Ministry of Health, Dr Wong was seconded to Ren Ci
Hospital as its Chief Executive Officer. He was tasked to ensure the completion
and opening of the Ren Ci Community Hospital, amongst other critical
responsibilities. He completed his stint there in March

SingHealth’s Group CEO, Professor Tan Ser Kiat recounted, “We have
lost a gifted clinician-leader, a selfless individual who made time for anyone
who needed him. From watching over major building projects at SGH Campus and
integration of IT systems in the SingHealth Group to fostering synergy among
work teams, we could count on Dr Wong for his commitment and measured ways in
facing any situation. He has left a lasting legacy for his family, colleagues
and staff.”

“We are deeply saddened by his sudden departure. We thank Dr
Wong for his leadership, earnest dedication and contributions to SGH. We fondly
remember his gentle ways, and how he treated everyone with sincerity and
respect. He was truly a gentleman. We will miss him dearly,” said Prof Ang Chong
Lye, CEO, SGH

Dr Wong had also been a member of the Singapore Medical
Council since 2008. He was conferred the Public Administration Medal (Silver)
(Military) in 2003.

JoverChew

Alfrescian
Loyal

Who did Dr Ting Tong vote for?

[h=1]MINDEF WANTS MAN TO GIVE UP HIS PATENT FOR HIS INVENTION TO THEM[/h]
Post date:
15 Jan 2015 - 3:34pm

[photo credit: The Straits Times]
A ex-military man who have been fighting the Ministry of Defence over his patent rights have become completely disillusioned with the Singapore government and no longer believes that Singapore has what it takes to become a global IP hub.

“I am completely disheartened,” Dr Ting Choon Meng told The Online Citizen.

“After this incident, suffice to say that I have lost confidence in Singapore’s ability to be a global IP hub.”

Dr Ting is the owner of Mobilestats Technologies Pte Ltd.

After the 11 September 2001 attacks on the United States, Dr Ting and his partners invented the Station With Immediate First-Aid Treatment (SWIFT) vehicle.
SWIFT is a mobile clinic that can be deployed in times of emergency.

Dr Ting later applied for patent rights for his vehicle in at least nine countries and obtained intellectual property (IP) rights in nearly all these countries, including Singapore.

He applied to the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) on 27 December 2002 whereby checks were made with the Danish Patent and Trademark Office.

He got his IP from IPOS on 6 July 2005.

Dr Ting then filed for patent rights and also got them in Australia, Japan, Israel, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong, the United States of America and Europe.

However, his patent in Singapore will now most likely be revoked because of an overbearing government which believes that they have the right to brush him aside for his work.

In 2004, Dr Ting and his partners presented SWIFT to the Commissioner of the Singapore Civil Defence Force Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF), Mr James Tan.
They were asked to help build a prototype.

In 2006, SCDF then called for a tender to manufacture SWIFT. Bidders were required to sign a licensing agreement with Mobilestats before SCDF in order for their bid to be considered.
Later, SCDF would call SWIFT an “SCDF innovation”.

That was fine and all but in 2005, Dr Ting met BG (Dr) Wong Yue Sie at a trade fair where Dr Ting's vehicle was on display. BG Wong was then chief of the SAF Medical Corps.

“He told me that changes would have to be made to the vehicle if it were to be adapted for SAF’s use,” Dr Ting said.

“For example, the vehicle would have to be painted to camouflage and it needed to be ruggedized. I told him that such changes would not be a problem, but I informed him the vehicle was patented.”

And then, that was the last contact that Dr Ting has with Mindef, until the shock came.

In April 2009, the Defence Science and Technology Agency (DSTA) called for a tender to procure a “Mobile First-Aid Post”.

The tender also said bidders had to obtain licensing agreements for IP.

But DSTA did not mention Dr Ting's SWIFT.

DSTA eventually awarded the contract to Syntech Engineers Pte Ltd to produce the vehicle but they never contacted Dr Ting and his partners.

“In fact, I didn’t know that they infringed our IP until we saw the vehicle exhibited at National Day Parade 2011,” Dr Ting said.

During the 2011 National Day Parade, Mindef then brought out their own version of the SWIFT vehicle to display and it was already fully operational.
So Dr Ting decided to take legal action against Mindef.

“I can’t take it up with the vendor – they will just throw it back to Mindef, because they set out the tender. In any case, it was Mindef who drew up the specifications, they decided on the vehicle, so they should uphold the IP."
It was found later found that Mindef knew that it could be infringing Dr Ting's patent rights but it went ahead to build its own vehicle.

Mindef’s lawyers from Wong and Leow LLC had accidentally faxed a letter to Dr Ting. => Heaven got eyes!

The letter was sent from Syntech to Mindef in March 2009.

“We noted your concern with regards to the possible infringement of their patent rights under their SG Publication Number 113446," Syntech said.

"Together with our legal advisors, we have studied their patent design as compared to our Medical Shelter design submitted under Tender Ref No. 7108105610.

"We have conclude that there is no infringement of their patent rights. Moreover, we have also concluded that their patent lacked novelty and/or inventive step… As such, it will be very difficult for them to defend their patent rights.”

Wong and Leow LLC wanted Dr Ting to shred the letter to pieces.

“It’s clear that Mindef is aware of potential infringement and had asked Syntech about it, but the company has decided not to obtain the IP license from us," Dr Ting said.

“Why did Mindef let that happen? Instead, they have effectively decided that our IP can be contested. And this was after IPOS has certified the patent!”

But Mindef didn't care. It was going to wear Dr Ting out.

“It’s a war of attrition,” Dr Ting said.

“Mindef not only had the Attorney General defending them, they also contracted Wong and Leow. Why did they need so many lawyers? They kept delaying the case, claiming that their witness was not available. Meanwhile, every delay cost me in legal fees. I have no more money to fight this case.”

After two years, it became too expensive for him to fight. He had to give up the case in January 2014.

The government successfully wore him out.

But that was not the last of the government's attacks against Dr Ting.

When Mindef wanted to "settle" out of court, Dr Ting said they could each pay their own legal fees and he would not ask Mindef to pay him the IP license fees. He would also let Mindef use the vehicles royalty-free for up to three years but if Mindef were to make vehicles later, they should pay charges to him.

He thought that this was reasonable.

But Mindef got back to him two weeks before the scheduled trial and gave him a "counter-offer". Mindef wanted Dr Ting to pay them legal costs, drop all claims to IP and give up his patent to Mindef not just in Singapore but in the seven countries that Dr Ting has registered the patent.

Dr Ting would lose everything.

The government wanted to take everything from him.

In October 2014, the court took the side of Mindef and said Mindef could revoke Dr Ting's patent but Mindef has not got to IPOS to revoke Dr Ting's patent yet.

“When I dropped the case, my conditions was that I would not claim for the vehicles Mindef has made, so long as they stop infringing on my IP,” Dr Ting said.

“Instead, they countered by demanding that I pay their legal fees, and grant them free use of the patent.”

And now, Wong and Leow LLC has asked him to pay them $580,000 in legal fees.

But Dr Ting has no more money and he is now forced to sell his company, Mobilestats.

“I honestly have no idea what Mindef is now planning to do with the IP for SWIFT,” said Dr Ting.

“What I do know is that Mindef has produced up to 58 copies of the same vehicles. What for? I was a battalion commander in the Medical Corps before, and by my estimate, the entire SAF would only need about 12 to 14 SWIFT vehicles for its entire operational needs. Why produce 58?”

Did Mindef wanted Dr Ting's patent so that it could produce vehicles to sell them for profit?

Ironically, Dr Ting was also appointed to the board of directors at the Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS) since April 2013.

But he has since stepped down in January 2014 after he decided to stop fighting.

“It has come to a point whereby I am honestly convinced that there is no true conviction right at the top of our government for Singapore to be transformed into a Global IP Hub,” he wrote in his resignation letter.

Another man bites the dust.

And Singapore's dream to become and IP hub has become a laughing stock.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

https://www.sgh.com.sg/about-us/newsroom/news-release/2010/Pages/ThepassingofDrWongYueSie.aspx

[h=1]The passing of Dr Wong Yue Sie
[/h]

• Email Page
  • Print
  • Adjust font size

29 May 2010

internetRelease.jpg
It is
May 2010. He was 49.

hahaha.
More of his type should be struck down this way.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The passing of Dr Wong Yue Sie

29 May 2010

internetRelease.jpg
It is
May 2010. He was 49.

Despite emergency surgery, he succumbed to the severity of the condition without
regaining consciousness. He is survived by his wife, Madam Choy Sok Cheng, 47,
and two teenage daughters.

Dr Wong was SingHealth’s Group Chief
Operating Officer. He was also Chief Operating Officer and Chairman, Division of
Ambulatory and Clinical Support Services at Singapore General Hospital (SGH). An
Orthopaedic Surgeon by training, Dr Wong had a special interest in sports
medicine and arthroscopy. Before joining SGH in October 2006, Dr Wong served as
a career medical officer in the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) from 1985 to 2006.
He was the Chief of the SAF Medical Corps from 2001 to 2006.

In August
2008, upon the request of the Ministry of Health, Dr Wong was seconded to Ren Ci
Hospital as its Chief Executive Officer. He was tasked to ensure the completion
and opening of the Ren Ci Community Hospital, amongst other critical
responsibilities. He completed his stint there in March

SingHealth’s Group CEO, Professor Tan Ser Kiat recounted, “We have
lost a gifted clinician-leader, a selfless individual who made time for anyone
who needed him. From watching over major building projects at SGH Campus and
integration of IT systems in the SingHealth Group to fostering synergy among
work teams, we could count on Dr Wong for his commitment and measured ways in
facing any situation. He has left a lasting legacy for his family, colleagues
and staff.”

“We are deeply saddened by his sudden departure. We thank Dr
Wong for his leadership, earnest dedication and contributions to SGH. We fondly
remember his gentle ways, and how he treated everyone with sincerity and
respect. He was truly a gentleman. We will miss him dearly,” said Prof Ang Chong
Lye, CEO, SGH

Dr Wong had also been a member of the Singapore Medical
Council since 2008. He was conferred the Public Administration Medal (Silver)
(Military) in 2003.

........and CPF conniving bastards still sprout the shameless lie that on average we can live till 85.
This joker didn't even live to see 50 and up lorry oredi.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Inventor for mobile medical station forced by MINDEF to surrender patent, while S

KNN shitnigger.....why start same thread all over the forum, you blind or wat?

:oIo:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dr Ting can only blame himself for not being ang moh from white man land. You think MINDEF dare to brazenly stunt a white man's invention?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Mindef and SAF bloody cheapskate lah. Big projects always choose the cheapest option. Logistics stuff all outsourced.

In army camps, some medicine and stationery are made in India. :wink::rolleyes:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

u know if i was a billionaire,even if his patent is not profitable,i would still back him and take singapore to international court and sue them until they bleed out their assholes.u expect this kind of behaviour only from private companies and shady conglomerates but from our so called corruption free generals and ministers?this country deserves shit and needs to be sunk into the ocean.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal

a collective decision to wrongfully cheat him of his patent? or some fat cat makes the final decision,irregardless morally wrong,outright theft?whis is this person?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Who did Dr Ting Tong vote for?

Ting: When I was chao regular, I had to vote for dear leeder what! If not they checked the serial no. of my vote how? *hee*hee*

40%: After you become civy leh?

Ting: Lan lan still had to vote for deer leeder as I need to bid for gahmen projects. If not they checked the serial no. of my vote how? *hee*hee*

40%: Now that they robbed you of your IP and tekan you jiat lat jiat lat in broad daylight. how leh? Are you gonna vote for the Oppo?

Ting: Mai lah! Voting for Oppo will sia suay me!

40%: Says who?

Ting: State Times lah! Ahbethen? Lagi worse I can still spoil my vote what! *chey*

40%: *shake head*

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The MD for the winning bidder Syntech is Joshua Hua Kok Ang. Someone can do a CSI on him and see how connected he is to PAP and the military establishment? I know his company is already supplying equipment to the SAF. Someone took care of him?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Fuck the SAF! NS is killing SG!