• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local accountant used to earn $10,000 as CFO now works as accounts manager with half

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i know how he feel, at least he was retrenched not kanna sabo by cronies...:o

http://www.transitioning.org/2015/0...ith-half-the-pay-and-vow-to-vote-against-pap/

Dear Gilbert,

I wish to share with you my bitter experience while seeking for a job after being made redundant.

Over the last 12 years I was a Chief Financial Officer with a reputable Japanese logistics firm. Last year the company announced that they will be relocating their HQ to Vietnam. I opted for an early retirement scheme, confident that I will be able to secure a new job since I have a long list of credentials and educational qualification to support me.

I am a 52-year old Chartered Accountant, possessed an accounting degree from a well- known university in UK, hold an MBA and possessed more than 19-years of professional experience. My last income with the firm is slightly less than S$10k per month.

With my resignation thus begin my ordeal in searching for a new job. I did everything to secure an interview – registering my name with e2i and other jobs portal, attended job fairs, wrote directly to employers and registering my name with several employment agencies.

For the first 8 months I did not receive a single phone call after submitting more than 300 applications. I spoke to several former colleagues and everyone told me that it is almost impossible to secure a job because the market is flooded with “foreign talents” that will accept less than half of the local salary’s expectation.

I panicked but remained resolute that I will work harder to secure at least few interviews. My application became more intense as I set targets on the number of applications I plan to send out on a daily basis.

In April 2014, I read about the government’s job bank portal and I was relieved to hear that all organizations must register their employment needs at this portal before they are permitted to employ foreigners. I felt rejuvenated with a false impression that the government has finally come to its senses and decide to impose policies that will put Singaporeans first.

Later I realized that the job bank portal is just a smokescreen to appease Singaporeans because companies simply need to post their job requirement for about 2 weeks and thereafter they can recruit foreigners without impunity.

Thus the search continues, again. I wrote to EVERY organization that advertises for any accounting position – from Assistant Manager to Chief Financial Officer with not a single response.

In total, I registered 468 applications at government job portals and at least another 300 hundred more with other job portals. After one year, I became very depressed while I watch my hard earned savings depleting by the day. I knew that I had no choice but to work anywhere for any amount to sustain my family’s living before my entire savings are wiped out.

I have to pay for my house mortgages, sustain food for my family and provide funds to my daughter who is studying at a local poly.

I first took on a job as a Delivery Driver for about a month and then switch to a hotel receptionist for a meagre salary of $1,700 per month, working on a 12-hours shift. During the entire period I had to conceal my qualifications and experiences from everyone.

I was bitterly embarrassed and could not accept the reality of my hardship. I kept reiterating to myself that I lived in a country where millions flocked in search of jobs and yet here I am not even able to seek one single job.

Clearly there is something amiss with the country. It all boils down to Singapore’s immigration policy. A policy which has no heart and does not give a hood’s wink to its own citizens..

No other country on earth will simply allow foreigners to come with a social visa so as to seek jobs to compete with the locals.

Finally after 15 months, I got my first break when another Japanese firm called me for an interview.

This is my first interview since I was made redundant. Fortunately, the interview went well and I was offered a position of Accounts Manager although the salary offered was half of my last drawn salary as CFO.

I felt relieved that the one and only employer decided to hire me although I am fully aware that I may be overly qualified for the job.

This tragedy that I had encountered will serve as a reminder to me and other Singaporeans at the callousness, idiotic and irresponsible attitude of our government. I began to wonder, what happened to the thousands of vacancies that were advertised in the newspaper, job fairs, portals etc.?

No prices for guessing that it went straight to “foreign talent” although I doubt that they are even moderately talented, superficially maybe but definitely not talented.

Out of fairness, this entire fiasco is deliberately brought to with courtesy by the PAP government. I truly blame myself for electing this tyrannical government. I realize my foolishness and in retaliation vow never to support them perpetually.

They have lost my trust and confidence. I made a firm resolution that I will exercise my constitutional power to the maximum by making sure I will NEVER, EVER vote for this government.

Rest assured, I will convince my wife, child and close friends to do the same.

This tragedy has made me despise our government down to its core and I remain scarred till the rest of my life.

Marcus

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Local accountant used to earn $10,000 as CFO now works as accounts manager with h

Marcus, who did you vote for ?

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Local accountant used to earn $10,000 as CFO now works as accounts manager with h

52 years, make $5k okay what.

At this age, first home fully paid, second investment home deep in the money.

Why is he complaining, unless he is living a lifestyle he can't afford!

Romagnum

Alfrescian
Loyal

He doesn't see the irony in his own complaint.

He was hired by a Japanese company!

These are the kind of idiots that support this transitioning cock website

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

52 years, make $5k okay what.

At this age, first home fully paid, second investment home deep in the money.

Why is he complaining, unless he is living a lifestyle he can't afford!

Without cheap foreigners he could be making 5 figures. PAP makes us poor.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

He doesn't see the irony in his own complaint.

He was hired by a Japanese company!

These are the kind of idiots that support this transitioning cock website

There is no irony ...local companies are cheap. At least this Japanese company hired him; the local company will hire the cheap foreigners.

iamhere

Alfrescian
Loyal

FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP, FUCK PAP.........
MAY PAPEES, CRONIES N FAMILIES BURN ETERNALLY IN HELLS.........
MAJULLAH SINGAPURA.........
GOD BLESS SINGAPORE..............
REMEMBER to

VOTE papees OUT

do yrself, yr forefathers and yr generations to come, a favor, a service and a long-awaited justice

:wink::wink::wink::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink::wink::wink:

iamhere says a lot about this:"The democracy shall cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those LEECHES who would not.”

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Marcus, who did you vote for ?

The question is no longer, who did he voted for? it should, WHY DID HE VOTE ____ ? with his educational background & intelligence? These people are spoilt, life was so good, they do not feel the need to fend for themselves, for everything is taken care of by the ____,....& took things for granted & BELIEVED in a system they thought was the BEST..little known to them, they have been SCREWED.

WHY DID HE VOTE? now Marcus is regretting...soon, he will regret even more..when he can't get his 'lifeline' in his retirement savings...as in his CPF..where he will get, enough to pay his bills & debts & still be left 'out in the heat'....

MARCUS!, WHY DID YOU VOTE FOR____??:roll eyes: you took things & life for granted, you never look carefully..

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

another thread about ball-less sinkie losers kanna screwed in the ass by PAP... that is what happen when you are ball-less to protest and throw out the PAP.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

another thread about ball-less sinkie losers kanna screwed in the ass by PAP... that is what happen when you are ball-less to protest and throw out the PAP.

Have you and your parents protested against UMNO for taking away jobs and educations from you all, such that you have to seek economic refuge in Singapore?

Why you never protest? Why your parents and siblings in jiu hu still continue to bend down and get screw by UMNO and their Ah Nehs pals MIC? Why?

Ball-less??

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have you and your parents protested against UMNO for taking away jobs and educations from you all, such that you have to seek economic refuge in Singapore?

Why you never protest? Why your parents and siblings in jiu hu still continue to bend down and get screw by UMNO and their Ah Nehs pals MIC? Why?

Ball-less??

Because although UMNO discriminates non mats into gomen universities, they allow non mats to profit from private schools and universities which now admits more students than those from gomen ones.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

Marcus should thank his lucky stars that PAP allowed foreign companies to bring in their employess because otherwise, the japanese will not employ him in the first place and will probably end up working in a local china man business for 1/4 the pay.