• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

individual or Strata Title - pros / cons ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 80916
  • Start date

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed with your points too. As what bro Funniman had pointed out, there is a clear difference between sharing personal opinions based on personal experience and generalisation based on skewed mindset or personal agenda. This leads to misrepresentation and baseless distortion of facts and truths. I don't give comments if I think I can't contribute effectively, but I definitely benefit a lot from others who is willing and sincerely trying to share their thoughts and experiences. If you have followed this forum for a while, you would've know why everyone is going after CSLONG and only CSLONG? If he is giving his inputs impartially and with an open mindset, would so many bros here be singing "praises" of him? Instead, he keeps on harping on his stale old distorted points which have been clearly debated and discredited by so many bros here. When he loses his ploy, what did he do? He happily created a few clones and tried to get these self infatuated clones to rally around his unsupported points just to create a fallacy that he after all still has support in this forum. This amateurish and desperate method had been exposed by some of us on various occasions. Instead of quietly fizzling out humbly, this piece of shit remains unrepentant and continues to contaminate this shared cyberspace. Cheers :smile:

Yes I have to say that his repeated emphasizing of the demerits of strata titles, and Ecoword design is quite irritating. I usually just do a skip-over when I see those posts, but I can see why Setia and Ecoworld buyers are justifiably annoyed. Cheers.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls lah. I am owner of Eco Spring and I can tell you all CSLong is telling lies as usual. If you are not a owner Pls stop talking crap you don't know. You can actually get sued for defamation CSLong. Let this be a mild warning to you. RnF is the best like you said. No maintenance fees, unlimited parking spaces for each unit you buy. Situated next to a MRT apparently. (Yet to be confirmed but already being falsely advertised) ,Buildings built on reclaimed land. Oh well, isn't this the recipe for the perfect condo? Come la, I clap for you.

Well, since you claim that you are the owner of Eco Spring, can you enlighten us how much exactly the maintenance fee charge on your unit? Fyi....I have contacted with Ecoworld staff numerous times. Since you said that i am spreading lies here, pls give us the exact info. Hope you can answer this simple questions....

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I have to say that his repeated emphasizing of the demerits of strata titles, and Ecoword design is quite irritating. I usually just do a skip-over when I see those posts, but I can see why Setia and Ecoworld buyers are justifiably annoyed. Cheers.

As i mentioned, my comment serve as a gentle reminder. There are also many new forumers here too. We must learn to open our mind to listen.... If they think what i say is incorrect, they can just ignore it (like what u did). However, you also knew that these people have also insulted buyers from Princess Cove. Pls be fair on your comment.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I attached a FAQ on this topic that I found years ago for thread starter.
For landed housing, there can be Gated Community or Guarded Neighbourhood.
Gated Community= Landed property with Strata-title.
Guarded Neighbourhood is defined as a residential area controlled in whole or in part in the
scheme of the existing housing or new land holdings with individual land title.
GN scheme provides with or without guard security services. In terms of the
law, it cannot have physical barriers on public streets and enforce any entry
and exit restrictions to the residents and the public.

The presence of GN is not based on the provisions of any law or regulation. It only exists on an 'ad-hoc' basis with the agreement of residents in a neighbourhood to make their neighbourhood a guarded area.
At the same time, security guards who are appointed shall not restrict or prevent the entry of occupants or the public to the housing scheme which is not 'landed strata'. The current practice of requiring the public to submit
identification documents (especially the driving license and identity card) is not consistent with the provisions of the law. In this case, the occupants or the public should report to the authorities, especially the police.

The draft guidelines for GN have outlined that any proposal to establish GN has to obtain the approval of majority of people (heads of households), subject to no coercion and pressure on people who do not agree. In this case, people who disagree should not be forced to pay maintenance fees or for security guards. This means if any housing units refuses to pay for the security maintenance fees, it cannot be forced and thus the remaining units would need to pay more.

The guidelines also do not allow the construction of the fence (perimeter fencing) around the boundary of the GN scheme neighbourhood. This is because the installation of fences in the area of GN involves public road reserves, unlike the GC scheme which is built on private land (the main lot of 'landed strata'). So for those landed estates with perimeter fencing currently and which is not strata-titled, there is no guarantee that the fence can be allowed perpetually.

There's many other issues covered in the FAQ.
In general, strata-titled landed ("GC") provides more security than individual title GN.

Attachments

• faq-gated.pdf
    33 KB · Views: 822
Last edited:

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Well, since you claim that you are the owner of Eco Spring, can you enlighten us how much exactly the maintenance fee charge on your unit? Fyi....I have contacted with Ecoworld staff numerous times. Since you said that i am spreading lies here, pls give us the exact info. Hope you can answer this simple questions....

FACT 1) we were informed its 0.20per sq ft when we signed the purchase. FACT2) it may increase but definitely no where close to your purported 1k a mth unless u are using the biggest unit as ur benchmark which like I said is a half truth n u are not presenting a right picture. Even the biggest unit don't cost 1k fees FACT3) why would u be calling their sales people when u are not even interested in buying? Do u have a hidden agenda here? FACT 4) contrary to your idiotic n baseless claims, the fees may even reduce if owners are not going to use the club house after a period of time. Hence one can look at paying around rm 300 for a mid tier Eco spring unit. That is no one even near the fees U claimed. CSLong I can continue to answer any queries people have of EW properties if they are genuine buyers. U can stop your drama here. You can continue to attack EW property but frankly Pls back up with solid facts because everyone's getting tired of u. Can't you feel it? Supposedly Calling EW salesmen many times is not a Fact btw.

Lastly when we decided to buy Eco Spring, maintenance fee was the least of our concern. Is like If i can afford to buy Mercs or BMW, would the servicing fees be the deal clincher? Ask any one here who drives an expensive car and they will agree with me. It's obvious you are young n not exposed to the world. And you don't own an expensive car for sure. That's a FACT. Do not have so much hatred n Ill intentions in ur mind.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
FACT 1) we were informed its 0.20per sq ft when we signed the purchase. FACT2) it may increase but definitely no where close to your purported 1k a mth unless u are using the biggest unit as ur benchmark which like I said is a half truth n u are not presenting a right picture. Even the biggest unit don't cost 1k fees FACT3) why would u be calling their sales people when u are not even interested in buying? Do u have a hidden agenda here? FACT 4) contrary to your idiotic n baseless claims, the fees may even reduce if owners are not going to use the club house after a period of time. Hence one can look at paying around rm 300 for a mid tier Eco spring unit. That is no one even near the fees U claimed. CSLong I can continue to answer any queries people have of EW properties if they are genuine buyers. U can stop your drama here. You can continue to attack EW property but frankly Pls back up with solid facts because everyone's getting tired of u. Can't you feel it? Supposedly Calling EW salesmen many times is not a Fact btw.

Lastly when we decided to buy Eco Spring, maintenance fee was the least of our concern. Is like If i can afford to buy Mercs or BMW, would the servicing fees be the deal clincher? Ask any one here who drives an expensive car and they will agree with me. It's obvious you are young n not exposed to the world. And you don't own an expensive car for sure. That's a FACT. Do not have so much hatred n Ill intentions in ur mind.

You have just confirm my FACT that EW cannot confirm the maintenance rate even to their buyers! Initially, you accuse me spreading lies.....now you say my claim is half truth. You are contradicting yourself. The salesman informed me that Eco Summer maintenance fee is more than RM300 per month. As for Eco Spring is more than RM600 / mth (not including GST). I called them because i wanted to verify the FACT that the maintenance fee is indeed high. Are you saying EW salesman is lying to me? I have no ill intention on EW but just wanted to alert the potential investors on the situation of this project. Lastly, if you can afford this exorbitant fee, this is really not a problem at all to you. You dont have to be angry by my opinion.

Last edited:

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vohkster, i think we dont have to prolong this argument further as i believe the initiator of this topic Botak1 is actually missing from this thread. I think he did not even bother to look at our discussion. :smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the topic of individual vs strata titles have been quite thoroughly discussed. There will be people who prefer individual titles vs those who prefer strata. As a Singaporean who has seen how the landed market played out in SG, I prefer individual titles with a corresponding DMC, but I can also see the case for Strata titles. To each his own I guess.

Actually in KL strata landed is doing very well for example Desa park city and others. I am betting it will catch on in jb as well. And obviously so does property stalwart tan Sri lks. Haha. �� the situation is different in Singapore but I think it's because security is not such a major concern here.

D

Deleted member 80916

Thanks, I appreciate all your constructive comments.
As the progression from this title status basis leads to that
Of the Residents Committee, Managing Agent and Developer.

And having limited experience in Johor, am I correct today that
Most of the Malaydisn Managing Agents, have a completely different concept of "KPI",
"Quality" of service, response,..as expected by non-Malaysians ?

Who are the more reputable Property Managers in Johor ?

One of the nightmares that can happen, is that Managing Agents play to the advantage of the Developers
And the usual Human politics of committee-ego/power play,..adds unecessary stress to an otherwise nice place.

Is Johor, a frontier market for the likes of Knight Frank, CKH,..?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually in KL strata landed is doing very well for example Desa park city and others. I am betting it will catch on in jb as well. And obviously so does property stalwart tan Sri lks. Haha. �� the situation is different in Singapore but I think it's because security is not such a major concern here.

Some of the well known strata titled landed in KL:

Sierramas
Country Heights
Subang heights
Tropicana
Setia Eco park
Gita Bayu
Tanamera
Mutiara Homes

And most of the residentials in golf courses like KLGCC, KGSAAS, Saujana, Glenmarie, etc...

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You have just confirm my FACT that EW cannot confirm the maintenance rate even to their buyers! Initially, you accuse me spreading lies.....now you say my claim is half truth. You are contradicting yourself. The salesman informed me that Eco Summer maintenance fee is more than RM300 per month. As for Eco Spring is more than RM600 / mth (not including GST). I called them because i wanted to verify the FACT that the maintenance fee is indeed high. Are you saying EW salesman is lying to me? I have no ill intention on EW but just wanted to alert the potential investors on the situation of this project. Lastly, if you can afford this exorbitant fee, this is really not a problem at all to you. You dont have to be angry by my opinion.

Lol. I am prolonging this argument? Rather it seems you are embarassed your lies n half truths have been exposed yet again. Why don't you just shut up and contribute positively rather than slagging off other developer. You have not verified anything actually. High fees is subjective as per my analogy of expensive cars n it's servicing fees. So stop misdirecting every one here. As you mentioned we are matured enough to see thru ur ill intentioned act. Already told u the maintenance fees will not be as high as what you claim it to be so you can stop flogging the dead horse. In any case most developers will almost always tell you a range that they will charge. Because in today's context they are many factors that is out of their control. They would rather give a range rather than commit a fixed price. So how is EW practice any different from others? Pls stop embarrassing urself further by harping on the costly maintenance fees. It's irrelevant. I can afford it. Other Eco Spring owners can also afford it. The spring project is nearly sold out and they are movin to phase II. What is your real agenda anyway CSLong? Come share with us.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Vohkster, i think we dont have to prolong this argument further as i believe the initiator of this topic Botak1 is actually missing from this thread. I think he did not even bother to look at our discussion. :smile:

I personally feel that RnF property is over priced n not a good investment compared to the neighboring projects. But do you see me or other people keep harping on this? I don't go around telling others what exorbitant price RnF is ripping people off under the guise of my good intention of informing and alerting buyers of RnF. Seriously we are all sick n tired of your pretentiousness. Just do ur day job n dispense fengshui advice.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Most of the Malaydisn Managing Agents, have a completely different concept of "KPI",

One of the nightmares that can happen, is that Managing Agents play to the advantage of the Developers
And the usual Human politics of committee-ego/power play,..adds unecessary stress to an otherwise nice place.

Apologize for hijacking your thread. Malaysia is similar to Sg whereby the JMB will do the job akin to MCST. It is currently not fashionable to engage MA in Malaysia property. I believe it's partly due to the lack of expertise n the fact that the members in JMB know that they get to receive kickbacks from the various contract service providers condos need to employ. Another issue Malaysia JMB face is collection difficulties. Currently our by laws lack the bite to persue recovery from errant owners which result in depleted funds over time. Malaysia is like what Sg is in the 80s where people are learning to live together, share common facilities n learn to maintain them as f they belong to their own. If the units are generally rented out u will see a fall in cleanliness n maintenance. Not to mention inconsiderate tenants. These are issues even JMB members find hard to rectify

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Botak1, i thought you are missing in action because you are so quite throughout the discussion of this topic. Maybe, you can give us some feedback on your views after listening to the opinion of others.

As for your queries on managing agents, you can consider seeking help and advise from Trans Global Properties (TGP). They are one of the best in JB.