• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah neh complained of job discrimination.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What about non-Indians being discriminated? How many non-Indians got rejected for jobs because they can't speak Tamil? Jobs like money changing, laundry, flipping roti-prata, car washing, night jaga etc.

https://www.facebook.com/mathturbate/posts/10204456859876582

Karish Kaur

January 7 at 9:49pm · Edited ·

***HEAR YE HEAR YE I've got something to say***

Regardless of race, language or religion?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I do believe that’s what the Singapore pledge says. Today the business practices of llaollao have proven this country’s beliefs wrong. It is to my understanding that businesses in Singapore, especially a non-Chinese affiliated business, should conduct their practices in English. Again, proven wrong.

I was at the West Mall branch of llaollao this afternoon, when I decided to apply for a part-time position as they were having walk-in interviews. So I asked the counter girls if I could have the interview and they asked me to head to the back entrance where the manager was waiting. Correction, it wasn’t the manager but who I believe to be the assistant manager, an older looking woman. Without even asking me for my name, age, or qualifications, all she asked was (in very broken English) “Do you speak Chinese?” to which I laughed and said “No” and she said “My manager is from China and only speaks Chinese. Sorry” and she was about to walk away. So I said

“So….I cant apply?” and she just shook her head and walked away.

Are you serious? I got turned away from a part-time job I am adequate for, simply because I was not able to converse with the manager in Chinese. I’m sorry but when did Singapore go from English-speaking to Chinese-speaking, because I didn’t get the memo. Why is it that the onus is now on me to learn a whole new language just so I am able to attain a part-time job at an F&B outlet? Are we not taking into account the fact that this is a multiracial country and that (surprise surprise) there are people who do not speak Chinese? Also, why hire a manager who cannot converse in basic English, when businesses in Singapore are run based on English as a medium? Was he/she THAT qualified to be a manager of an F&B outlet that it didn’t matter that she was monolingual in a language that is not even the main language of this country? Did it not occur that by only hiring managers who are able to speak only Chinese, you are therefore greatly limiting the pool from which you can hire staff? Not only is it unfair on the part of eager potential employees who are unable to converse in Chinese, it is also (dare i say) a little prejudiced?

So with all that being said and done, Guess I gotta go work at a money changer now huh?

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Same mah, if chinese go interview and manager is shit skin will the chinese stand a chance? :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am just wondering why the Ah Neh doesn't bother to learn the language of 70% of the locals?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kaur = Babu Singh surname. Those hairy Punjab bastards talk a lot, but nothing gets done.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Nahbeh jeebye limpeh want to work as hindu temple worker but I can only speak Mandarin how? Can or not?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
good to know that Chinese language is a must language for commerce, the table has turned.

Ask the Ah Neh to fuck back to UK, his English masters, for jobs. Must remind the angmoh (Christian Crusaders in the name of Jesus) came to overstayed and colonized Asian countries in the 1800s. They bought with them unsustainable products and services. Their products pollute & destroyed environment and caused climate change.

Previously "NO dogs and Chinese Allowed", this time "NO Dogs and Angmoh allowed".

The Chinese are back with vengeance to kick and fuck angmohs for good.

What about non-Indians being discriminated? How many non-Indians got rejected for jobs because they can't speak Tamil? Jobs like money changing, laundry, flipping roti-prata, car washing, night jaga etc.

https://www.facebook.com/mathturbate/posts/10204456859876582

Karish Kaur

January 7 at 9:49pm · Edited ·

***HEAR YE HEAR YE I've got something to say***

Regardless of race, language or religion?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I do believe that’s what the Singapore pledge says. Today the business practices of llaollao have proven this country’s beliefs wrong. It is to my understanding that businesses in Singapore, especially a non-Chinese affiliated business, should conduct their practices in English. Again, proven wrong.

I was at the West Mall branch of llaollao this afternoon, when I decided to apply for a part-time position as they were having walk-in interviews. So I asked the counter girls if I could have the interview and they asked me to head to the back entrance where the manager was waiting. Correction, it wasn’t the manager but who I believe to be the assistant manager, an older looking woman. Without even asking me for my name, age, or qualifications, all she asked was (in very broken English) “Do you speak Chinese?” to which I laughed and said “No” and she said “My manager is from China and only speaks Chinese. Sorry” and she was about to walk away. So I said

“So….I cant apply?” and she just shook her head and walked away.

Are you serious? I got turned away from a part-time job I am adequate for, simply because I was not able to converse with the manager in Chinese. I’m sorry but when did Singapore go from English-speaking to Chinese-speaking, because I didn’t get the memo. Why is it that the onus is now on me to learn a whole new language just so I am able to attain a part-time job at an F&B outlet? Are we not taking into account the fact that this is a multiracial country and that (surprise surprise) there are people who do not speak Chinese? Also, why hire a manager who cannot converse in basic English, when businesses in Singapore are run based on English as a medium? Was he/she THAT qualified to be a manager of an F&B outlet that it didn’t matter that she was monolingual in a language that is not even the main language of this country? Did it not occur that by only hiring managers who are able to speak only Chinese, you are therefore greatly limiting the pool from which you can hire staff? Not only is it unfair on the part of eager potential employees who are unable to converse in Chinese, it is also (dare i say) a little prejudiced?

So with all that being said and done, Guess I gotta go work at a money changer now huh?

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's only one outlet of this shitty yogurt store right? And I think I saw some pinoys working there so why no English?

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why is it the TAFEP never investigate so many cases of job discrimination against locals in the market place, but will investigate this one case?

TAFEP: WE ARE INVESTIGATING LLAOLLAO FOR DISCRIMINATING AGAINST AN INDIAN LADY
15 Jan 2015 - 7:08am

The tripartite alliance for fair and progress employment practices (TAFEP) is looking into a case of a local indian woman being discriminated against at frozen yoghurt shop llao llao because she couldn’t speak mandarin.

The incident happened at West Shop Mall last week and Ms Karish Kaur took to facebook to complain about the issue.

She had gone in for a walk-in interview but was told by the PRC manager that her senior manager only speaks Chinese and so she would not be able to interview Ms Kaur and so she is not eligible for the job.

After the uproar online about the apparent discrimination that Ms Kaur faced, TAFEP said that it will investigate. It is currently looking into the matter.

A Spokesperson from TAFEP explained that “According to the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices, if a job entails proficiency in a particular language, employers should justify the need for the requirement. In this case, there was a potential contravention of the Guidelines,"

Separately, the country manager for Llaollao in Singapore, Edwin Ferroa, explained that their own internal investigations have revealed that the woman who had dismissed Ms Kaur was actually not a staff of llaollao.

In fact, she was the wife of a franchisee of that Westmall outlet. “We started our investigations last Saturday (Jan 10) and found out that the person who turned Karish away was just the wife of one of the franchise owners (of the Westmall outlet). What the wife did is totally wrong. She should have referred Karish to the franchise owners instead of turning her away,” explained Mr Ferroa.

Llaollao aso issued a stern warning to all franchisees that they are not allowed to allow unauthorised persons into their kitchens.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What discrimination? All of us were offered the option to choose the languages to pick up during our school days.
If anyone feels that he need to learn Mandarin to make himself more marketable, he could have done so since Primary School.
I have seen other Indian/Malay pick up Mandarin and they will be more employable when they grow up.
Dun blame others for your wrong decision made years ago. Learn to take responsibility of your own mistake.

Brahmadachod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fucking turd skin indians using the race card again. They are the quickest to scream discrimination but when they discriminate others is perfectly fine with them.

Walk into Indian shopping centre Mustafa tell me what you see? 99% of the staffs are Indians. The racist indian boss, trying hard not to appear racist by filling the rest with other race, take advantage of the foreign quota available, employed some PRC girls to keep all the pervert male staffs motivated, although the last i heard the turnover rate is high for the PRC girls.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Walk into Indian shopping centre Mustafa tell me what you see? 99% of the staffs are Indians. The racist indian boss, trying hard not to appear racist by filling the rest with other race, take advantage of the foreign quota available, employed some PRC girls to keep all the pervert male staffs motivated, although the last i heard the turnover rate is high for the PRC girls.

ah tiong bu's kar chng are all blue black. doctor tells me so.