• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Teo Says Singapore Police is Prepared for Terrorist. You feel safe now?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How come army boys? Why army and why boys?

KNN......rifle only got 6 bullets, and where are the stun grenades?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Why not prepared?

How to feel secure when you have a dwarf and a midget patrolling? The MP5 looks almost as tall as the midget carrying it. U can tell its all wayang. The 2 camo morons wear sunglasses indoor at the airport? Trying to yaya say so lah.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
1. Not wearing FLAK JACKET, therefore very vulnerable to gunfire in a firefight when terrorists shoot first from behind good cover.

2. Marksmanship skills of NS men highly questionable means high collateral damage in a firefight with innocent casualties to be expected.

3. Steel jacketed ammo not hollow points used by SAF means bullet richocheting against hard surfaces resulting in wrong targets getting hit.

I am assuming you have never done NS. To my knowledge, all SAF ammo is copper jacketed, not steel jacketed. The use of SAR-21 in a building like the Changi airport is not the fear of richocet. Because the SAR-21 uses the 5.56mm NATO, its a more powerful cartridge then the HK MP5 9mm. If one of these idiots fired a round from a SAR-21 at close range, it will penetrate the person's body and hit the nearest wall behind him and penetrate that wall too, potentially killing or injuring anyone in that room. That is why when you look at other country's security patrolling airports, they never use a 5.56mm weapon. Except if you are in Russia where life is cheap and AK-47s are acceptable patrol weapons.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am assuming you have never done NS. To my knowledge, all SAF ammo is copper jacketed, not steel jacketed. The use of SAR-21 in a building like the Changi airport is not the fear of richocet. Because the SAR-21 uses the 5.56mm NATO, its a more powerful cartridge then the HK MP5 9mm. If one of these idiots fired a round from a SAR-21 at close range, it will penetrate the person's body and hit the nearest wall behind him and penetrate that wall too, potentially killing or injuring anyone in that room. That is why when you look at other country's security patrolling airports, they never use a 5.56mm weapon. Except if you are in Russia where life is cheap and AK-47s are acceptable patrol weapons.

If not for the 5.56 mm ammunition, then what other calibre?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I feel very safe in Singapore. I also know that my CPF is safe too and when I look at my statement, I feel so rich.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal

9mm guns and ammo very common in gun touting states. Best is .5 cal, clean and efficient. Maybe not so clean as it is hard to clean up the mess after a shooting.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Normally 9mm hollow point is the standard. Most HRT and SWAT use 9mm weapons. U don't want collateral damage if the round penetrates the target and hits people behind him.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Normally 9mm hollow point is the standard. Most HRT and SWAT use 9mm weapons. U don't want collateral damage if the round penetrates the target and hits people behind him.

If there is any collateral damage, the person(s) involved would, in all probability, be arriving FTs because they're the ones flooding the country.

Collateral damage would therefore be a desirable outcome as it would reduce "rat" infestation in the country.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Don't worry, our PM was the one who spearheaded the rescue of people trapped in cable cars. With that experience, he can handle all kinds of terrorist threats.

Yes indeed!

Attachments

• lee-hsien-loong-at-taman-jurong-camp-1973.jpg
    lee-hsien-loong-at-taman-jurong-camp-1973.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 146

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
A very macho looking soldier boy. Reminds me of Vic Morrow in the series "Combat". Singapore is in good hands.

vicmorrow_combat.jpg

Vic Morrow was chopped up by a helo blade, sinkies would be so lucky if the same thing happened to gay loong.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pardon my ignorance, but 9mm is bigger and powerful than 5.56mm, which should do more collateral damage?

What is the difference between the damage on a human body hit by a 5.56 and a 9mm?

Thank you.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Pardon my ignorance, but 9mm is bigger and powerful than 5.56mm, which should do more collateral damage?

What is the difference between the damage on a human body hit by a 5.56 and a 9mm?

Thank you.

Its not really the same. You are comparing a rifle round with a handgun round. The muzzle velocity on a 5.56mm round is almost 4 times that of a 9mm round. Therefore, even though the 9mm calibre is heavier then the 5.56mm, the 5.56mm is a much more powerful round due to the larger cartridge (more propellant powder) and hence at close range, it will just go clean through a body. At longer ranges, the 5.56mm will tumble during flight and will end up tumbling around the human body and causing a lot of damage to it. In many ways, getting shot at close range with a 5.56mm is less damaging then at say 200m. But the problem is that the round is so powerful, it will penetrate the body and hit whoever is behind. For the 9mm, if its hollow point, it will just mushroom up when it hits the body and breaks into fragments. If its not, it might still remain in the body.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Its not really the same. You are comparing a rifle round with a handgun round. The muzzle velocity on a 5.56mm round is almost 4 times that of a 9mm round. Therefore, even though the 9mm calibre is heavier then the 5.56mm, the 5.56mm is a much more powerful round due to the larger cartridge (more propellant powder) and hence at close range, it will just go clean through a body. At longer ranges, the 5.56mm will tumble during flight and will end up tumbling around the human body and causing a lot of damage to it. In many ways, getting shot at close range with a 5.56mm is less damaging then at say 200m. But the problem is that the round is so powerful, it will penetrate the body and hit whoever is behind. For the 9mm, if its hollow point, it will just mushroom up when it hits the body and breaks into fragments. If its not, it might still remain in the body.

Thank you.
Now I read the diference, not just the calibre, but the weapon as well.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This idea is one of the key reasons why we don't have any hostage situation in our supermarkets, unlike Paris.

20140515_theft_st.jpg

kukubird59

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...double confirmed an empty vessel...
as usual his knowledge of physics is only one dimensional.....
he thinks higher muzzle velocity equals more penetration......
he obviously don't know that penetration depends on how fast the bullet transfer its energy though each barrier/body along its path.....
so between a typical 9mm and 5.56mm bullet, it is the 9mm that penetrates further due to slower transfer of energy....
chopped and certified... a DUD....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiAQT96j2ZY