• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Help about renting out of property

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

not sure if anyone can advise on some questions pertaining to property in Singapore as i cannot find the info on the internet.

at the moment, i am thinking of buying a property in geylang, divide it up and rent it out. but i found out that the current owner has some problems with his neighbour who complain about the noise from his property, and the police came by to check couple of times.

i was wondering if there is any restriction on number of people staying in a private property? or who is the governing body for this?

thanks in advance.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
rent 2 prc mei-mei's, ah? ... :p

paiseh, can help answer ur question ... :(

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

not sure if anyone can advise on some questions pertaining to property in Singapore as i cannot find the info on the internet.

at the moment, i am thinking of buying a property in geylang, divide it up and rent it out. but i found out that the current owner has some problems with his neighbour who complain about the noise from his property, and the police came by to check couple of times.

i was wondering if there is any restriction on number of people staying in a private property? or who is the governing body for this?

thanks in advance.

u can chk out wif d rev authorities or gov website. here?:confused:

catch71

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks yellow ribbon,

any problems with the collection of rentals? or other things i should be looking out for? never done this before actually...

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks yellow ribbon,

any problems with the collection of rentals? or other things i should be looking out for? never done this before actually...

Just collect 2 month advance rental(for deposit& electricity/water bill) and 1 month for current month. Total will be 3 month all together for 1st time that will solve the rental collection problem.
Every month rental must be pay by 7th of the month latest using GIRO and at least once every 3 month check the utility bill have been pay by tenant or not. If you collect cash very month then ask for utility bill. If rental not paid by 7th of the month ask tenant to move out by the end of the month without returning 2 month rent(mean that you only gain one month advance rental to cover balance utility bill). Unless the tenant give advance one month/2 month notice depend on agreement.
:biggrin:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
u nid help in collecting rents fr prc syt mei-meis? ...

Worry not. No $$, they can pay body.

breakingfree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

thanks in advance.

Get ur frd to recommend u an experienced property agent. they will noe what to do. u ar not the only 1 that is doing that so they ar well verse in this kind of dealing. correct me if i am wrong, there ar no limit on people staying in private property.