• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

News: Sinkie Taoist priest married a Catholic Sinkie girl

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not about being lukewarm or ignorant. it all boils down to the individual's beliefs.

If one claims to worship Jesus Christ, he/she should not pray to Taoist idols. The gal's actions showed that she is ignorant about her own religion.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If divorce how?

Should it be based on Jesus rules or Ah Tao rules or Women's Charter where she can kapo more then half of the temple's earning and assets? LoL

==================================================================

First it's LOVE conquers all then it will be MONEY for all to keep!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one claims to worship Jesus Christ, he/she should not pray to Taoist idols. The gal's actions showed that she is ignorant about her own religion.

So according to your 'logic' , so if one is a OPPO VOTER AND SUPPORTER THEN HE/SHE SHOULD NOT WORK IN ANY PAPPY or Pappy linked organizations? LoL

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is so sad as it shows the gal is confused about her own religion. There are many such lukewarm and ignorant Catholics and Christians around.

Rubbish. The Catholic girl can continue to practise her Christian religion, while husband continues with his Taoism. What's wrong with religious tolerance within the family?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
y oni brame gal? ... shud brame guy oso 4 wif ur reason ... shud oso brame whole catholic church ...

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
its not about being lukewarm or ignorant. it all boils down to the individual's beliefs.

...fully agree...as lky said ..nobody has ever been there n come back..to have faith is individual belief.....the other one religion is very jia lak...no convert no marriage...U guess?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
The couple seems open minded enough - I think they will allow their kids to choose for themselves. I know a couple in the US, guy was Catholic, wife was Jewish, they told those attending that if they had a son, he'd follow the dad, and if daughter, she'd follow the mom. If the current social trends carry one they way its going, could be a chance that their kid will choose no religion.

Cheers!

Next time I wonder their children's religion will follow who? Amen or tong tong cheng?

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal

she need not necessarily b ignorant of her religion. some people just choose not to subscribe to everything in their own religion. between black and white, there's also a whole spectrum of grey in various shades.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
The couple seems open minded enough - I think they will allow their kids to choose for themselves. I know a couple in the US, guy was Catholic, wife was Jewish, they told those attending that if they had a son, he'd follow the dad, and if daughter, she'd follow the mom. If the current social trends carry one they way its going, could be a chance that their kid will choose no religion.

Cheers!

Many malaysians i know are also very open minded. If they have a daughter, she would be singaporean. If a son, he would be malaysian. Unlike silly narrowminded sinkies who want all their children to be singaporeans. We have a lot to learn from our malaysian brudders.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You're wrong. They do. But there are conditions.

The Roman Catholic Church recognizes and officiates weddings between an RC and non-RC spouse, on the condition that their children be brought up as RCs.

It's the Protestants, especially the fundamentalists and Evangelicals, who are much more conservative about marriages with non-believers.

I believe that it may be possible for a non-Catholic to marry a Catholic, provided he or she agrees that their children will be raised as Catholics.

Thank you guys for this knowledge, obviously I'm non-Catholic and I was just assuming.

Faker

Alfrescian
Loyal

What wrong with paying respect to ancient personas symbolized by the idols? At least, they are real people. Your Jesus is just a fictitious persona confirmed by historians' research.