• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkies pay Minister Indranee million $ salary so she can design shoes! WTF

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
This motherfucking cheebye Minister bitch got so much time on her hands she can go and design shoes? No pressing matters of state to attend to? Singapore got so many problems and she is designing shoes. Is this a serious politician or a fucking joke? Make no mistake about it. PAP treats us like a fucking gullible piggy bank, any time can steal money from us under the guise of bestest ministers in the world. If Indranee's pay is peg to the top 5 eanrers, then why don't she peg herself to Prada, LV, etc. Can earn even more money from taxpayers, right?

Indranee Rajah helps design shoes with Singaporean kick

The cha kiak, a wooden clog painted a distinct red with a striped plastic strap, was once a staple in households here.

But people no longer wear them these days, prompting Senior Minister of State for Law and Education Indranee Rajah to give the clakety clogs a new lease of life with a makeover.

With footwear design company Bronx's Creative & Design Centre (BDC), she cobbled together a chunky pair of red strappy heels with the cha kiak's striped straps.

It is all for an SG50 Celebration Fund project titled In Our Shoes. BDC also worked with tertiary students to create shoes based on their stories and experiences of Singapore.

"I've been toying with the idea of designing shoes for three to four years now but was never able to translate them into actual manufactures," said Ms Indranee, 51.

Singapore's 50th birthday celebration gave her the platform.

"I wanted to create fun Singaporean shoes that say a bit about us. Something that has a Singaporean feel to it," she said.

Apart from the cha kiak-inspired footwear, she designed four other heels modelled after the Changi Control Tower, the Pinnacle@Duxton flats, kueh lapis snacks and the Benjamin Sheares Bridge.

And not to mention a pair of sandals with elements from zebra crossings and traffic cones.

Asked why she had chosen to design shoes, the Member of Parliament for Tanjong Pagar GRC said: "It's a girl's thing. The shoes are fun and a bit different, but have elements that people can identify with."

Her favourite is an all-white pair with the Changi Control Tower propping up the back of the foot. BDC had used a 3D printer to create the heel, said Ms Indranee. "I was thinking of something that would make a nice stiletto heel and the Changi Control Tower lends itself quite nicely."

While five of her six designs are high heels, Ms Indranee said her everyday go-to shoes are usually those with a lower heel.

"Most of my shoes are quite practical with a low, two-inch heel," she said. "I wear the higher shoes only for special occasions such as a wedding dinner because they really make my feet ache."

Asked how many pairs of shoes she has, she said: "I haven't actually counted, but I keep my shoes for very long - some more than 10 years - and I still wear them. I have just enough shoes to fit into a small cupboard."

The shoes designed by Ms Indranee and the students will be exhibited at the National Design Centre from Thursday to Jan 25.
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...ed-sporean-kick-20150105#sthash.sG2XtYcU.dpuf

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's what ministers in the cabinet do.
Some steal toothpicks.
Some attack WP on matters not of their concern but speak not a word of the rats in their backyard.
What do you think the others do?

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Papsm,

Dont be so aggrieved lah. Consider it as time given up for fucking, and not govt work. Hubby should be complaining lah, not you.

Anyways, lau kuey boo like her, everybody said she tua liap nee, but nobody wants to fuck, so she's got a lot, a lot of time on her hands.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ST_20150105_PLSHOES05_954608e.jpg

Her designs are wonderful. Sinkies are so lucky to have such a talented MP to take care of their needs and to represent them in parliament.

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST_20150105_PLSHOES05_954608e.jpg

Her designs are wonderful. Sinkies are so lucky to have such a talented MP to take care of their needs and to represent them in parliament.

fucking damn ugly, uglier than her face

I bet LKY can walk in those shoes

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal
those high heels will cause backache.

pity the women for having to wear such ridiculously high heels.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
She should be assigned to design bras. She got some lovely asset to begin with.
Give the shoe designing to pei ling so that she can stomp everyone to test it for quality.