• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

jesus loves all the children

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To put what you've said in a nutshell - some people are right, some people are wrong, and sometimes, they are neither right nor wrong, just depends which side one is on, there may be no clear line between.

We were only "cave-men" somewhere along the line between early men and modern men. But we once were. We left drawings on the walls in some caves. We evolved along the way.

Our developed senses, thoughts, and other faculties developed as we progressed. We learnt agriculture, and along with that we developed practices to accompany the time of harvests, to celebrate the results. Rituals, dances, poetry and music also were developed as we progressed. God didn't design them for us.

And that "created in his image" is nonsense. You've been infused with imagery from renaissance artists who drew/painted God as an elderly male being. If your god existed, he (or rather, it) is genderless. I never dismissed the possibility that there could be a mind behind all this we see around us. But if there was, it is not the god and his "goodness for mankind" as described in the bible.

Cheers!

To clarify what I said in a nutshell, some people are right, some people are wrong. In some cases there is neither right or wrong. It all depends on what is the subject matter about and what is the claim being made. Just because there are drawings in the cave only means that there are drawings in the caves, or that some people did live in caves. In fact, there are still people today who live in caves, and they are not your typical cavemen!

http://www.popularmechanics.com/home/improvement/outdoor-buildings/cave-homes-461109#slide-1

And I think you need to be disabused of the evolutionary brainwashing propaganda that people in the past who lived in caves were dimwits who grunted instead of speaking. The next link is insightful and do note that I agree with much of it except for the evolutionary slant and the time line. In other words, cavemen were 100% humans and not some halfway evolving ape-to-man dude. http://www.cavemenworld.com/explore/ten-modern-myths-about-cavemen/

If you bothered to read the Bible you would know that right there in the Garden of Eden God told Adam to tend to the animals and the fields. Caring for animals and agricultural farming was already there from the start, even before Adam sinned. And lastly, you completely attacked a strawman argument about the image of God issue.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mentioned that agriculture was already around before Adam? In the bible's story. Didn't God provide everything that was needed in the garden? If so, why did man have to plant their crops then? Bro, c'mon lah, the bible is a fictitious concoction of stories for children - don't take it so seriously!

Cheers!

Why would you even think I am implying that at all?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mentioned that agriculture was already around before Adam? In the bible's story. Didn't God provide everything that was needed in the garden? If so, why did man have to plant their crops then? Bro, c'mon lah, the bible is a fictitious concoction of stories for children - don't take it so seriously!

Cheers!

Bro, you really need to read what others wrote carefully. God created Adam and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and watch over it. Gen 2:15.

Well, since you made a claim that the Bible is a concoction of fictitious stories, the onus is on you then to back that up. Or is that just an opinion you freely throw about without much thought?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, since you made a claim that the Bible is a concoction of fictitious stories, the onus is on you then to back that up.

What a stupid retard! LOL!

The onus is on you to prove that those fictitious stories are in fact real and true accounts of history. If the Bible said God created Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the onus is on you to prove that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are in fact real and true people.

The story of Adam and Eve belongs in the same category as the story of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The onus of proof is on you, dumb piece of shit Frodo!

To us atheists, there is no difference between the Bible and the book known as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know that Adam was to look after the garden, I thought he didn't have to work?

Bro, it is not my intention nor desire to sway people away from the bible, it is an individual's choice to believe or not to believe, so I do not wish to prove whether it is true or untrue, but since we're on this subject, I have no idea where the Garden of Eden is located, and that Adam and Eve couldn't have been the only people(s) on Earth. If you wish to say that the stories are true, you have to prove them, beginning with these two.

Cheers!

Bro, you really need to read what others wrote carefully. God created Adam and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and watch over it. Gen 2:15.

Well, since you made a claim that the Bible is a concoction of fictitious stories, the onus is on you then to back that up. Or is that just an opinion you freely throw about without much thought?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't know that Adam was to look after the garden, I thought he didn't have to work?

Bro, it is not my intention nor desire to sway people away from the bible, it is an individual's choice to believe or not to believe, so I do not wish to prove whether it is true or untrue, but since we're on this subject, I have no idea where the Garden of Eden is located, and that Adam and Eve couldn't have been the only people(s) on Earth. If you wish to say that the stories are true, you have to prove them, beginning with these two.

Cheers!

LOL! You THOUGHT Adam didn't have to work...that's what many nonbelievers and atheists think too...they thought this they thought that....but they did not read the Bible to find out the truth...they just have opinions and thoughts which they think are facts that justify their unbelief. So when you have been corrected, what do you do? Just shrug and move on to the next objection? Or do you say "Hmm....I was wrong on this one, maybe I am wrong on many things too...I should relook this whole thing again."

I no more have to prove that Adam and Eve were at one time the only people on earth than you have to prove that at one time long long ago a simple cell organism was the ultimate ancestor of all living things on earth. Neither view is capable of proof but I submit to you that you have the more difficult job!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, everything is the bible! So if Adam and Eve were the first people on Earth, and later humans came from them, then who were the earlier descendants of the Neanderthals? They came from another book that is not the bible?

The bible is a great story, but I take is as that - a story, and that's all. You chose it to be the explanation of everything, that's up to you.

Cheers!

LOL! You THOUGHT Adam didn't have to work...that's what many nonbelievers and atheists think too...they thought this they thought that....but they did not read the Bible to find out the truth...they just have opinions and thoughts which they think are facts that justify their unbelief. So when you have been corrected, what do you do? Just shrug and move on to the next objection? Or do you say "Hmm....I was wrong on this one, maybe I am wrong on many things too...I should relook this whole thing again."

I no more have to prove that Adam and Eve were at one time the only people on earth than you have to prove that at one time long long ago a simple cell organism was the ultimate ancestor of all living things on earth. Neither view is capable of proof but I submit to you that you have the more difficult job!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, everything is the bible! So if Adam and Eve were the first people on Earth, and later humans came from them, then who were the earlier descendants of the Neanderthals? They came from another book that is not the bible?

The bible is a great story, but I take is as that - a story, and that's all. You chose it to be the explanation of everything, that's up to you.

Cheers!

Wrong, not everything is in the Bible. But what we need to know about origins can be found in the Bible inasmuch as God has chosen to reveal to us. You asked about Neantherdals. Scientists have changed their view about this group of so-called primitive men over the decades and the current belief is that they are no different from modern humans! They said if you took one of them and dress him up you can't tell the difference! So how do I explain them? Well I start with the bible! Since Adam and Eve were the first humans, the neantherdals (as merely variations of humans) must have descended from Adam and Eve. They were not older than Adam and Eve.

Let me share with you a bonus:p, see a full book treatment here http://udrugapostanak.ucoz.com/_ld/0/23_Cuozzo_Jack_Bur.pdf

Yes, I take the Bible as true. And so far it has provided the best answers. The atheist, however, has failed to account for the origins of many things. Of course you can opt to believe the evolution story as true, even though the evidence points the other way.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
So then, if the Neanderthal lineage came from Adam and Eve, then they, as a sub-species EVOLVED from humans?

Also, I did say that I do not know the answers to all the questions, just that the bible is a story book. If you take the bible to be factual, please explain the story of Jonah. He was consumed by a whale or a large fish until God ordered the creature to spew him out - how come he wasn't digested by it?

Cheers!

Wrong, not everything is in the Bible. But what we need to know about origins can be found in the Bible inasmuch as God has chosen to reveal to us. You asked about Neantherdals. Scientists have changed their view about this group of so-called primitive men over the decades and the current belief is that they are no different from modern humans! They said if you took one of them and dress him up you can't tell the difference! So how do I explain them? Well I start with the bible! Since Adam and Eve were the first humans, the neantherdals (as merely variations of humans) must have descended from Adam and Eve. They were not older than Adam and Eve.

Let me share with you a bonus:p, see a full book treatment here http://udrugapostanak.ucoz.com/_ld/0/23_Cuozzo_Jack_Bur.pdf

Yes, I take the Bible as true. And so far it has provided the best answers. The atheist, however, has failed to account for the origins of many things. Of course you can opt to believe the evolution story as true, even though the evidence points the other way.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
So then, if the Neanderthal lineage came from Adam and Eve, then they, as a sub-species EVOLVED from humans?

Also, I did say that I do not know the answers to all the questions, just that the bible is a story book. If you take the bible to be factual, please explain the story of Jonah. He was consumed by a whale or a large fish until God ordered the creature to spew him out - how come he wasn't digested by it?

Cheers!

The Neantherdals did not evolve, simply because there was no evolution and millions of years. The Bible does not accommodate such a time frame. They are simply descendants of Adam and Eve, as are we both. I am not saying you have to know all the answers, I am telling you that atheism fails to supply the answers. Between a worldview that is so ignorant and one that provides reasonable answer, a logical rational decision would be to choose the worldview that gives answers.

As for Jonah in the fish, first you need to know that Jesus took it as literal truth, that it happened. Why? Because Jesus used that as a parallel to His own death and burial for 3 days. You asked me how come he was not digested and passed out as fish poop? Well the simple answer would be that God was keeping Jonah alive because the purpose of this episode was not to kill Jonah but to teach him about God's mercy to the people of Nineveh. Don't ask me if Jonah was having a 5 Star stay in the "water hotel" because I have no way to answer you. The long and short of it is that Jonah was in there for 3 days. God sent the fish so God was in control the whole time. You can again choose to reject this account as entirely fictitious, and this would be consistent with your atheism. But you can't fault the theist for accepting it because that is consistent with my theism worldview.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But you can't fault the theist for accepting it because that is consistent with my theism worldview.

What the fuck are you talking about? It's like saying "Well, you can't fault the schizophrenic for accepting the voices in his head because that is consistent with the schizophrenic's world view."

You are obviously sick and in need of some professional help.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you certainly have ways of defending the bible, and I suppose you desire to, maybe its your calling. To the rest of us, we can say that it is written in allegorical form, So its interpretation may flow in whichever way suits the mindset that chooses its flow. If the fish (or whatever creature) swallowed Jonah, firstly the victim would have been shred to bits by the teeth before even reaching the stomach, and if it made it into the gut in one piece, it would have been denied oxygen and mixed with all those acidic juices, it won't live more than a few minutes, let alone three days. You say god made it so. If this event actually happened, Jonah would have emerged as fish poop - yes. It did not, could not have happened. It is merely a story.

Cheers!

The Neantherdals did not evolve, simply because there was no evolution and millions of years. The Bible does not accommodate such a time frame. They are simply descendants of Adam and Eve, as are we both. I am not saying you have to know all the answers, I am telling you that atheism fails to supply the answers. Between a worldview that is so ignorant and one that provides reasonable answer, a logical rational decision would be to choose the worldview that gives answers.

As for Jonah in the fish, first you need to know that Jesus took it as literal truth, that it happened. Why? Because Jesus used that as a parallel to His own death and burial for 3 days. You asked me how come he was not digested and passed out as fish poop? Well the simple answer would be that God was keeping Jonah alive because the purpose of this episode was not to kill Jonah but to teach him about God's mercy to the people of Nineveh. Don't ask me if Jonah was having a 5 Star stay in the "water hotel" because I have no way to answer you. The long and short of it is that Jonah was in there for 3 days. God sent the fish so God was in control the whole time. You can again choose to reject this account as entirely fictitious, and this would be consistent with your atheism. But you can't fault the theist for accepting it because that is consistent with my theism worldview.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What the fuck are you talking about? It's like saying "Well, you can't fault the schizophrenic for accepting the voices in his head because that is consistent with the schizophrenic's world view."

You are obviously sick and in need of some professional help.

A rather silly attempt at creating a parallel there.