• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

jesus loves all the children

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the children of the world...

Whether Yellow black or white...

Jesus loves all the children of the world.

Girl walks away from Kentucky plane crash: The tragedy and ‘miracle’ of sole survival

A seven-year-old girl was the lone survivor of a prop-plane crash Friday that killed her family. Eight out of 28 sole survivors since 1970 have been children.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite a number were forgotten by him. They were born deformed, co-joined, paralysed, to abusive parents/communities.

Cheers!

All the children of the world...

Whether Yellow black or white...

Jesus loves all the children of the world.................

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Quite a number were forgotten by him. They were born deformed, co-joined, paralysed, to abusive parents/communities.

Cheers!

Again not true. In the Gospels Jesus healed many who were sick and paralysed. The Bible explains why we do not live in a perfect world, because of sin. The world we live in is cursed. What was once perfect has been corrupted. Even a person like Nic Vujicic who has no arms or legs can glorify God in his circumstances. Believers like him look forward to a living hope that one day they will leave their corrupted body and put on perfection!

But if you are a true blue believer in evolution, then you have to tell the sick and deformed that it's just too bad that nature dealt them a lousy card. They just have to consider themselves unfit for survival. Being deformed and sick is neither good or bad in evolutionary terms, it just is.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people will try to do something for the unfortunate ones, provide assistance, to ease their difficulties and help them get on with life. Others wait for God to help.

For Bible believers, better pray for Jesus's second coming to be hastened. He is indeed needed.

Cheers!

But if you are a true blue believer in evolution, then you have to tell the sick and deformed that it's just too bad that nature dealt them a lousy card. They just have to consider themselves unfit for survival. Being deformed and sick is neither good or bad in evolutionary terms, it just is.

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again not true. In the Gospels Jesus healed many who were sick and paralysed. The Bible explains why we do not live in a perfect world, because of sin. The world we live in is cursed. What was once perfect has been corrupted. Even a person like Nic Vujicic who has no arms or legs can glorify God in his circumstances. Believers like him look forward to a living hope that one day they will leave their corrupted body and put on perfection!

is that really u Rev?

icedman

Alfrescian
Loyal
"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."
- Jesus Chirst

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

God: Stop talking rots or I'll have no choice but to curse your whole lineage for spewing nonsense about me.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people will try to do something for the unfortunate ones, provide assistance, to ease their difficulties and help them get on with life. Others wait for God to help.

For Bible believers, better pray for Jesus's second coming to be hastened. He is indeed needed.

Cheers!

Why would evolution want to help anyone, and go against the so-called selfish gene?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being humane, kind, or thoughtful has not got anything to do with our genes, evolution, or creation, it is just a civilised thing. One does not need god to tell one how to be nice.

Cheers!

Why would evolution want to help anyone, and go against the so-called selfish gene?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being humane, kind, or thoughtful has not got anything to do with our genes, evolution, or creation, it is just a civilised thing. One does not need god to tell one how to be nice.

Cheers!

This is the error that atheists commit, to say that they do not need God to be morally good. But they simply beg the question of how to know that which is good. And they also fail to explain where morals come from. A worldview that cannot explain these things is inferior to that which can.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everybody in the world relies on a god for guidance. A little bit of common sense will do. You keep a dog? Does your dog believe, or know about god? Does your dog obey his/her master? Your dog will know who are the members in the family and who are not - did god tell your doggie this? There is goodness and sanity in spiritual belief, but to say that god is responsible for everything is somewhat grovelling at his (or her or whatever) feet.

Cheers!

This is the error that atheists commit, to say that they do not need God to be morally good. But they simply beg the question of how to know that which is good. And they also fail to explain where morals come from. A worldview that cannot explain these things is inferior to that which can.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everybody in the world relies on a god for guidance. A little bit of common sense will do. You keep a dog? Does your dog believe, or know about god? Does your dog obey his/her master? Your dog will know who are the members in the family and who are not - did god tell your doggie this? There is goodness and sanity in spiritual belief, but to say that god is responsible for everything is somewhat grovelling at his (or her or whatever) feet.

Cheers!

Why bring in an animal when we are talking about humans? It is completely irrelevant, unless you claim to be some kind of Dr Dolittle. Just because an atheist does not profess to rely on God for his morals, does not therefore mean that his moral code is therefore atheistic. Because the atheist cannot produce a set of moral code from atheism, he has to borrow them from religion, while denying that of course.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is relevant to our discussion - how much of our thoughts are guided by this "god."' In this case here, an animal. It still has a mind. It does have a conscience (at least it develops one). The animal, as far as I see does not bother whether there is a god or not (or at least doesn't make it known). I brought in this "animal" here to show that "god" does not influence a mind, unless we want it to - like some humans. Its up to you whether you wish to label the dog an atheist. As far as I see, it is able to identify its master, members of his family (now the doggie's pack), able to learn, what it is allowed to do, and the limits or boundaries of his "home" or territory, who/what is an outsider. Some even perform tasks. It is a lifeform, with a mind.

Cheers!

Why bring in an animal when we are talking about humans? It is completely irrelevant, unless you claim to be some kind of Dr Dolittle. Just because an atheist does not profess to rely on God for his morals, does not therefore mean that his moral code is therefore atheistic. Because the atheist cannot produce a set of moral code from atheism, he has to borrow them from religion, while denying that of course.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is relevant to our discussion - how much of our thoughts are guided by this "god."' In this case here, an animal. It still has a mind. It does have a conscience (at least it develops one). The animal, as far as I see does not bother whether there is a god or not (or at least doesn't make it known). I brought in this "animal" here to show that "god" does not influence a mind, unless we want it to - like some humans. Its up to you whether you wish to label the dog an atheist. As far as I see, it is able to identify its master, members of his family (now the doggie's pack), able to learn, what it is allowed to do, and the limits or boundaries of his "home" or territory, who/what is an outsider. Some even perform tasks. It is a lifeform, with a mind.

Cheers!

Unless you have some uncanny and creepy ability to enter an animal's mind, I see it as irrelevant. Keep it among the rational humans please.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are all humans rational? Looking at dogs and their behaviour, I think they are better behaved than some humans. In your Christian thought, do animals like dogs and apes have a soul?

Cheers!

Unless you have some uncanny and creepy ability to enter an animal's mind, I see it as irrelevant. Keep it among the rational humans please.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are all humans rational? Looking at dogs and their behaviour, I think they are better behaved than some humans. In your Christian thought, do animals like dogs and apes have a soul?

Cheers!

Yes, all humans are rational, as in we have the faculties for reasoning. The issue is that not all reason well all the time, which is why there are fallacies and errors in reasoning, as in saying "there are no absolutes". Animals are apparently perceived as better behaved and trained because they go by instincts and behaviour conditioning. Can animals think like the way we do? Honestly I don't know. If they do show some kind of thinking it will at most be very limited intelligence. Having said that, this would only be possible given an intelligent Being called God who created all living things and endowed some with intelligence, intelligence that IMO is different from humans in kind, not just degree. An atheist would be completely UNABLE to explain the fact of intelligence.

As to your last question, do animals have souls? I believe they don't, though the Bible is silent on this. But I infer this when the Bible says that the soul that sins shall die. And in the Bible only humans can sin. Animals do not sin. We do not try animals for murder when they kill humans. Neither do we teach them moral right from wrong, we only teach them to do this not that without even trying to morally persuade them.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about those humans who believe they will be rewarded with being received by 72 virgins when they go to heaven? How rational are they? And what of the Japanese WW2 kamikaze pilots? How rational were they? I am no animal behaviour expert, but I can say that the human mind is more developed and more evolved than that of other living things, even if they sentient beings, humans are able to organize their thoughts and are much further and advanced. Whether that superior intelligence is "God-given" or from altered DNA by a more advanced being (ET?), we do not know. We know however that we have evolved and increased our intelligence from cave-man days to modern times.

On the subject of souls, well, I suppose I have to say too that I do not know. However, just have a question - if humans have souls, why not animals? Didn't the pope recently tell a little boy that his dead dog will go to heaven?

Cheers!

Yes, all humans are rational, as in we have the faculties for reasoning. The issue is that not all reason well all the time, which is why there are fallacies and errors in reasoning, as in saying "there are no absolutes". Animals are apparently perceived as better behaved and trained because they go by instincts and behaviour conditioning. Can animals think like the way we do? Honestly I don't know. If they do show some kind of thinking it will at most be very limited intelligence. Having said that, this would only be possible given an intelligent Being called God who created all living things and endowed some with intelligence, intelligence that IMO is different from humans in kind, not just degree. An atheist would be completely UNABLE to explain the fact of intelligence.

As to your last question, do animals have souls? I believe they don't, though the Bible is silent on this. But I infer this when the Bible says that the soul that sins shall die. And in the Bible only humans can sin. Animals do not sin. We do not try animals for murder when they kill humans. Neither do we teach them moral right from wrong, we only teach them to do this not that without even trying to morally persuade them.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about those humans who believe they will be rewarded with being received by 72 virgins when they go to heaven? How rational are they? And what of the Japanese WW2 kamikaze pilots? How rational were they? I am no animal behaviour expert, but I can say that the human mind is more developed and more evolved than that of other living things, even if they sentient beings, humans are able to organize their thoughts and are much further and advanced. Whether that superior intelligence is "God-given" or from altered DNA by a more advanced being (ET?), we do not know. We know however that we have evolved and increased our intelligence from cave-man days to modern times.

On the subject of souls, well, I suppose I have to say too that I do not know. However, just have a question - if humans have souls, why not animals? Didn't the pope recently tell a little boy that his dead dog will go to heaven?

Cheers!

You are confused between beliefs and reason. There are all kinds of beliefs under the sun. Whatever you think of those believers, they have rationalised it for themselves that their actions are justified. We may think it is irrational but they think otherwise. Anyway, my point is to tell you that all humans have rational faculties and the atheists is unable to account for it.

When you say we are more evolved and developed in our brains than animals, you again beg the question of assuming evolution to be true when that is what is needed to be shown. How do you know that we have indeed evolved from cave men? You don't, you assumed as true the story that evolution tells.

Anyway, there is no dispute that our brains are more complex and advanced compared to the animal kingdom. You believe that is because we have evolved further, but you cannot explain where these faculties come from. I believe that is because we are created/designed that way, being made in the image of God. It makes better sense to believe that there is a Mind behind alll these than to believe that mere mindless matter can produce the brain and reasoning abilities.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
To put what you've said in a nutshell - some people are right, some people are wrong, and sometimes, they are neither right nor wrong, just depends which side one is on, there may be no clear line between.

We were only "cave-men" somewhere along the line between early men and modern men. But we once were. We left drawings on the walls in some caves. We evolved along the way.

Our developed senses, thoughts, and other faculties developed as we progressed. We learnt agriculture, and along with that we developed practices to accompany the time of harvests, to celebrate the results. Rituals, dances, poetry and music also were developed as we progressed. God didn't design them for us.

And that "created in his image" is nonsense. You've been infused with imagery from renaissance artists who drew/painted God as an elderly male being. If your god existed, he (or rather, it) is genderless. I never dismissed the possibility that there could be a mind behind all this we see around us. But if there was, it is not the god and his "goodness for mankind" as described in the bible.

Cheers!

You are confused between beliefs and reason. There are all kinds of beliefs under the sun. Whatever you think of those believers, they have rationalised it for themselves that their actions are justified. We may think it is irrational but they think otherwise. Anyway, my point is to tell you that all humans have rational faculties and the atheists is unable to account for it.

When you say we are more evolved and developed in our brains than animals, you again beg the question of assuming evolution to be true when that is what is needed to be shown. How do you know that we have indeed evolved from cave men? You don't, you assumed as true the story that evolution tells.

Anyway, there is no dispute that our brains are more complex and advanced compared to the animal kingdom. You believe that is because we have evolved further, but you cannot explain where these faculties come from. I believe that is because we are created/designed that way, being made in the image of God. It makes better sense to believe that there is a Mind behind alll these than to believe that mere mindless matter can produce the brain and reasoning abilities.