• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Ten Good Policies 2014! PAP 十大武 功 2014

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Perhaps this is why Pinky tried very hard to appeal to the youths.

8JK7Wa6.gif

He knew his bid to woo the post-65ers fell flat, that's why he needs more protection this time round for the post-80s :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let me tell you an ugly truth.

Overwhelming majority of senior citizens will vote for PAP, and will continue to vote for PAP no matter what. For them, they saw PAP lead Singapore from Third World to First. This means a lot to them. From walking on muddy paths and riding bicycle to walk to now driving or taking aircon MRT, from wooden attap kampung to high rise buildings and shopping malls.

One of my nephews is a civil servant who did election officer duty before. When senior citizens come to vote, some of them, being illiterate, would show him their voting slip and ask in mandarin or dialet, which is 雷 公 (PAP)? My nephew would point it out and ask if they wish to know who was the opposition candidate. A lot of times, they would say, 'No need to know. I only want to vote for 雷 公. I not interested in opposition at all.' And this happened a lot of times.

Even amongst the younger people, the bulk of your supporters are just disgruntled sinkies who cannot hack it in the real world, some some disgruntled civil servant like Tan Jee Say who did not get the promotion he desired.

Opposition is screwed. As long as vast majority of sinkies are earning well, you opposition complaint queen cannot hope to topple PAP.

i had no idea u had to be literate to vote for PAP.i thought its just two boxes on the voting slip one with PAP logo and the other with opposition.u telling the old folks dont even have the slightest clue who they voting for?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i had no idea u had to be literate to vote for PAP.i thought its just two boxes on the voting slip one with PAP logo and the other with opposition.u telling the old folks dont even have the slightest clue who they voting for?

I just telling you what my nephew told me. But the general sentiments of the pioneer generation is that they vote for PAP because that's the party they literally grew up with. Kinda like comrade in arms in making Singapore a developed country. Many of the older generations were also influenced by the trade unions and grassroots or some cultural group, which usually are chaired by PAP people too. In contrast, the Workers' Party has nothing to do with labour movement as far as most people know it. It's just a name that has no significance as a "workers" party.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just telling you what my nephew told me. But the general sentiments of the pioneer generation is that they vote for PAP because that's the party they literally grew up with. Kinda like comrade in arms in making Singapore a developed country. Many of the older generations were also influenced by the trade unions and grassroots or some cultural group, which usually are chaired by PAP people too. In contrast, the Workers' Party has nothing to do with labour movement as far as most people know it. It's just a name that has no significance as a "workers" party.

did they see NTUC evolving from a trade union in the 70s and 80s chaired by ong teng cheong and hokkien and teochew unionists to a supermarket giant today and a major player in the food court industry?

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
did they see NTUC evolving from a trade union in the 70s and 80s chaired by ong teng cheong and hokkien and teochew unionists to a supermarket giant today and a major player in the food court industry?

When those folks in their mid 70s exhausted their CPF monies they had withdrawn in the 90s, they will start telling the NTUC cashiers: wa si member! :p:p:p

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do yrself a favour. Tell yr fictitious nephew all this posturing and brave talk is a lot of chest beating to drum up confidence in their own cadres and porlumpars.

I am a member of the senior citizenry and a beneficiary of the PGP. I'll tell you this: not a single one of my contemporary generation I know of has ever voted for the PAP, and neither are they ever going to start.

I have also heard similar discontentment from the younger gen.

If the PAP has so much confidence, why the need to come up with PGP and CPF changes now? How do you explain the groundswell of anger in Hougang and PE BEs?

Given that Singapore is ageing, I must assume that seniors were likely the swing voters. Everything you said is contradicted.

Let me tell you an ugly truth.

Overwhelming majority of senior citizens will vote for PAP, and will continue to vote for PAP no matter what. For them, they saw PAP lead Singapore from Third World to First. This means a lot to them. From walking on muddy paths and riding bicycle to walk to now driving or taking aircon MRT, from wooden attap kampung to high rise buildings and shopping malls.

One of my nephews is a civil servant who did election officer duty before. When senior citizens come to vote, some of them, being illiterate, would show him their voting slip and ask in mandarin or dialet, which is 雷 公 (PAP)? My nephew would point it out and ask if they wish to know who was the opposition candidate. A lot of times, they would say, 'No need to know. I only want to vote for 雷 公. I not interested in opposition at all.' And this happened a lot of times.

Even amongst the younger people, the bulk of your supporters are just disgruntled sinkies who cannot hack it in the real world, some some disgruntled civil servant like Tan Jee Say who did not get the promotion he desired.

Opposition is screwed. As long as vast majority of sinkies are earning well, you opposition complaint queen cannot hope to topple PAP.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do yrself a favour. Tell yr fictitious nephew all this posturing and brave talk is a lot of chest beating to drum up confidence in their own cadres and porlumpars.

I am a member of the senior citizenry and a beneficiary of the PGP. I'll tell you this: not a single one of my contemporary generation I know of has ever voted for the PAP, and neither are they ever going to start.

I have also heard similar discontentment from the younger gen.

If the PAP has so much confidence, why the need to come up with PGP and CPF changes now? How do you explain the groundswell of anger in Hougang and PE BEs?

Given that Singapore is ageing, I must assume that seniors were likely the swing voters. Everything you said is contradicted.

You and I both know that practically everyone we meet have complaints about the PAP. Even PAP cadres are no different. They grumble all the time about Pay-and-Pay, but when voting comes, they still vote for PAP. The results have shown this consistently.

Hougang and PE are exceptions. Hougang is a longtime opposition stronghold. Residents of PE voted against PAP because they know PAP is already back in power. This is a common opposition party by-election strategy: You can vote for us now because PAP has already formed the government.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Top Ten Policies that Singaporeans have benefited in 2014! Look Foward to More in 2015!

These 10 policies reinforce my faith in the PAP. Singaporeans have to be one of the luckiest people around.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For some public trivia: The Ten Accomplishments, 十 大 武 功, was an official term used by Emperor Qianlong.

The Ten Great Campaigns (Chinese: 十全武功; pinyin: shí quán wǔ gōng) were a series of wars fought during the reign of the Qianlong Emperor, much celebrated in the official Qing dynasty annals. They included three to enlarge the area of Qing control in Central Asia: two against the Zunghars (1755–1757) and the pacification of Xinjiang (1758–1759). The other seven campaigns were more in the nature of police actions on frontiers already established – two wars to suppress the Jinchuan rebels in Sichuan, another to suppress rebels in Taiwan (1787–1788), and four expeditions abroad against the Burmese (1765–1769), the Vietnamese (1788–1789), and the warlike Gurkhas in Nepal on the border between Tibet and India (1790–1792), the last counting as two.

In his later years, Qianlong referred to himself with the grandiose style name of "Old Man of the Ten Completed [Great Campaigns]" (十全老人). He also wrote an essay enumerating the victories in 1792 entitled "Record of Ten Completions" (十全记).[10]

The campaigns were major financial drain on Qing, costing more than 151 million taels of silver.[11]

The tribes at Jinchuan numbered less than 30,000 households and took five years to pacify.
Nearly 1.5 million piculs (1 picul = 100 catty) were transported for the Taiwan campaigns.
Instead of restoring Emperor Lê Mẫn Đế to the throne as the Vietnam campaign was intended, Qianlong ended up settling with the new Nguyen dynasty, and even arranging for imperial marriage between Qing and Nguyen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Great_Campaigns

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are quoting from a Parliamentary debate where PAP had near stranglehold of parliament. Almost all the seats were held by PAP MPs. And you are quoting from a PAP man who argued against a policy he did not agree. This is evidence that a PAP-dominated parliament is not a rubber stamp parliament. So, what's wrong with voting for PAP when PAP MPs do argue against policies they disagree with?

Regardless that several MP's may argue against several policies, at the end, they have to vote pursuant to the PAP's policy.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the 11th would be "you die your biz" policy. it will be one of the best policies for the u.s.a. if politicians in washington d.c. have the courage to pass it into law.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Talk so much for what? Just sit back, relax and see the results from the next GE. If the PAP still garners above 60% (and I believe it will be), then it is the majority's choice to have chosen the PAP (instead of the oppositions) to screw them. Sinkies are lumbar one.

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Give us back all OUR hard-earned CPF money at age 55 NOWWW as per past practice !:mad:

Damn it ! It is OUR blood money from decades of toiling !:mad:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is another individual who should not be allowed to remain in Singapore.
Please do not renew his professional pass or work permit, and do not approve his application for Singapore citizenship, if he is a PR.

You wait long long. These people are the darlings of the PAP regime. We Sinkies will be told to be less xenophobic and instead be more tolerant of these FTs, for they have contributed much to the economy (read: the pappies' pockets). :cool:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You wait long long. These people are the darlings of the PAP regime. We Sinkies will be told to be less xenophobic and instead be more tolerant of these FTs, for they have contributed much to the economy (read: the pappies' pockets). :cool:

FTs = new citizens = more pappy votes . Period.:mad:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
FTs = new citizens = more pappy votes . Period.:mad:

5 years ago i already mention this.... It is all about themselves and not for the people and country.. stupid sinkies vote for such trash and then complain how painful their ass is now.. that is why i stay away from sinkies..