• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Ten Good Policies 2014! PAP 十大武 功 2014

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Top Ten Policies that Singaporeans have benefited in 2014! Look Foward to More in 2015!

1. Pioneer Generation package
More than 450,000 senior citizens, aged 65 and above and those who became Singapore Citizens before 1987, benefitted from the $8 billion Pioneer Generation package.
The package included subsidised medical and dental treatments for our pioneers. It also included Medisave Top-ups and lower premiums for the new insurance scheme, Medishield Life, which will be rolled out in 2015.

2. ASPIRE (Applied Study in Polytechnics and ITE review)
Provided more emphasis on skills and job performance. It also advocated guidance and various pathways to Poly and ITE students to enhance their skills and qualifications.

3. SkillsFuture Council
The Council, chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Tharman Shanmugaratnam, will develop a system comprising education, training and career progression for all Singaporeans. It will also promote industry support for Singaporeans to advance based on their skills. A culture of lifelong learning will also fostered.

4. Enhanced public transport system
More buses were put on the road under the $1 billion Bus Service Enhancement Programme and new rails lines – Thomson Line and Eastern Region Line - were announced.

5. More uses for CPF funds
CPF contribution rates for all Singaporeans will go up by one percentage point from 2015. Older Singaporeans, who fail to qualify as the pioneer generation, will receive five years of annual CPF Medisave top-ups.
The CPF Advisory Panel is reviewing the way CPF monies could be further utilised to maximise gains. The panel will release its findings in 2015.

6. Municipal Services Office for improved service
The Municipal Services Office was set up in October 2014 to improve the government’s coordination and delivery of services.

7. Lease Buyback Scheme enhanced
The scheme was enhanced to allow more senior citizens to benefit and it was also made more flexible to suit their needs. The scheme was extended to 4-room flats and by this more than 75% of elderly households stand to gain. The raising of the income ceiling and topping up of the CPF Retirement Accounts were also relaxed.

8. More job opportunities for Singaporeans
A new job portal – Jobs Bank - for Singaporeans was launched in 2014. Through this portal, Singaporeans could access job opportunities. The portal also allowed employers to access a larger pool of qualified Singaporeans.

9. Sustaining Singapore
A national plan to create a more liveable and sustainable future for Singaporeans – Sustainable Singapore Blueprint 2015 – was launched. Under the blueprint, “Eco-Smart” towns, a “Car-lite” Singapore, a “Zero-Waste” nation, a “Green” economy and an “Active and Gracious” community are envisioned.

10. New IPPT format
The backbone of Singapore’s defence, our soldiers, whether in active or reservist duty will gain from the new IPPT format, which was made simpler, more relevant and effective.

PAP

http://therealsingapore.com/content/pap-our-top-10-policies-benefited-singaporeans-2014

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Bwahahahahahahaa... Didn't know it's April 1st in a blink of an eye :wink::wink::wink:

Oh yah, 50 years passed real quick too... Bwahahahahahahaa...

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Top Ten Policies that Singaporeans have benefited in 2014! Look Foward to More in 2015!

1. Pioneer Generation package
More than 450,000 senior citizens, aged 65 and above and those who became Singapore Citizens before 1987, benefitted from the $8 billion Pioneer Generation package.
The package included subsidised medical and dental treatments for our pioneers. It also included Medisave Top-ups and lower premiums for the new insurance scheme, Medishield Life, which will be rolled out in 2015.

*** Deleted ***

http://therealsingapore.com/content/pap-our-top-10-policies-benefited-singaporeans-2014

Source: Martyn See Facebook

10526064_10202380471768893_3648708409317894108_n.jpg

"The men and women in our pioneer generation have borne society's burdens for the past 46 years and more... Our nation must now give its best in return to them."

- SYLVIA LIM, Workers' Party, Aug 9, 2011

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/sin...nours-first-generation-poreans-144351534.html

"Despite difficult times and the real danger of failure, you persevered, put Singapore first, and worked together to build our nation. It is fitting that we honour you, the Pioneer Generation."

- LEE HSIEN LOONG, Feb 9, 2014

http://www.pmo.gov.sg/content/pmosi...eech-at-the-pioneer-generat.html#.U90Ol8kZ7qA

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FOREIGN INDIAN VP AT DEUTSCHE BANK CRITICISES S'POREANS FOR HAVING SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT

Post date:
1 Jan 2015 - 7:31pm

Foreign Indian VP at Deutsche Bank criticises S'poreans for having sense of entitlement

Below is a comment posted by one Sambath Kannan in the PAP's Facebook Page where he criticised S'poreans for having a sense of entitlement from flats to jobs.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=962057763805624&substory_index=0&id=132146776796731

Sambath Kannan works as a Vice President at Deutsche Bank and hails from Pondicherry, India.

The financial sector, as we have highlighted, is filled with the likes of Sambath Kannan and his ilk who hire each other at the expense of S'poreans.

You can see this in Sambath Kannan's LinkedIn Page which also lists out a host of other Indian nationals working at Deutsche Bank in Singapore.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sambath8689

------------------------------

Post by Sambath Kannan:

"Let us not wait for others to do everything for us. Let us each do our part and give it all that we can".

Not sure how many young Singaporeans have read and understood these two lines ?

This doubt comes to my mind , while reading the comments made by some of our Singaporeans for the postings related press release of some ministries.

Housing- comments indicate, I want house of my own choice for the price I say. HDB should provide me immediately. I don't care about rules and regulations or queue.

Jobs -comments indicate, hello government , you owe me a job, give me the job I want, pay the salary I ask, but you should not question me about my performance.

I am really concerned and at times I pity them.

Those born , had education and experience in other countries migrate to Singapore , utilise the opportunities available, create the opportunities for Singaporeans, they grow , they help Singapore to grow. Some of them consider Singapore as their home.

But, some of the Singaporeans are yet to realise the opportunities available and yet to realise their own potentials. They waste their time and energy by criticising the government.

They should understand , while foreigners grow in this land , why not me? What do they have ? What do I do not have ? How can I compete them ?

Hope in 2015 they will get answers for these questions, to further brighten their life !!!

Wish everyone a happy New Year 2015 !!!

The Alternative View
Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Alternative-View/358759327518739?fref...

Stompiss

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
DESMOND LEE, WHERE ARE YOU HIDING?

Post date:
28 Dec 2014 - 5:32pm

The MSM have been silent about the failure of the Jurong Town Council and HDB to respond to and address the rat infestation problem in Bukit Batok before it became a full blown colony and went viral.
No where is the apparent lapse by both agencies mentioned – especially in Channel News Asia which has been actively trying to shift the blame away from its PAP masters.
But we are not blind or stupid.
Among all the parties, the PAP first term Minister of State Desmond Lee should shoulder the biggest blame. Not only is he a member of the rat-infested GRC. He is also the second-in-charge at HDB which administers that plot of land.
So for all his preening and posturing during the arrears saga involving AHPETC, for all his call for transparency and accountability, may we ask Desmond Lee.

WHERE ARE YOU HIDING?
The Alternative View
Source: The Alternative View’s Facebook page

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pure electioneering! Might as well say gerrymandering is the 11th good policy.

All of them are too little too late.

PGP - after the Oppos and NGOs and social online media have kpkb a lot.

ASPIRE - a kind of doublespeak. After decades of getting Sinkies to become grads so the women will marry them, now it's too many, so need to cull.

Skillsfuture BS - after many sad stories of PMETs driving cabs.

Enhanced bus system - you mean enhanced BS? Again, after numerous cockups.

More uses of CPF/flexible yadayada - if not for Roy Ngerng, who became the lightning rod for HLP protest..Sinkies should thank Roy instead.

Muni office - this should have been right from the word go, and not a result of afterthoughts. Incidentally, we might as well be grateful for the govt to come up with Integrated Checkpoint system! Altho we have lots of causeway jams still. Is there a job here for the Muni office?

Lease buyback - ditto CPF

More job oppo for Sporeans - ditto Skills future BS.

Sustaining S'pore - what crap is that?

IPPT - you call this lame change a game changer? What happened to the Rugged Society? We are becoming a nation of wimps.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let me tell you an ugly truth.

Overwhelming majority of senior citizens will vote for PAP, and will continue to vote for PAP no matter what. For them, they saw PAP lead Singapore from Third World to First. This means a lot to them. From walking on muddy paths and riding bicycle to walk to now driving or taking aircon MRT, from wooden attap kampung to high rise buildings and shopping malls.

One of my nephews is a civil servant who did election officer duty before. When senior citizens come to vote, some of them, being illiterate, would show him their voting slip and ask in mandarin or dialet, which is 雷 公 (PAP)? My nephew would point it out and ask if they wish to know who was the opposition candidate. A lot of times, they would say, 'No need to know. I only want to vote for 雷 公. I not interested in opposition at all.' And this happened a lot of times.

Even amongst the younger people, the bulk of your supporters are just disgruntled sinkies who cannot hack it in the real world, some some disgruntled civil servant like Tan Jee Say who did not get the promotion he desired.

Opposition is screwed. As long as vast majority of sinkies are earning well, you opposition complaint queen cannot hope to topple PAP.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

*** Deleted ***

5. More uses for CPF funds
CPF contribution rates for all Singaporeans will go up by one percentage point from 2015. Older Singaporeans, who fail to qualify as the pioneer generation, will receive five years of annual CPF Medisave top-ups.
The CPF Advisory Panel is reviewing the way CPF monies could be further utilised to maximise gains. The panel will release its findings in 2015.

tRm0Vhz.jpg

Excerpt from CPF – Shadow chasing
There are still many basic and fundamental issues and principles that all the do gooders have forgotten. First and foremost, the CPF is not a govt pension scheme. The govt does not contribute a cent to it. In fact the govt is riding on it and benefiting from it so much that it is looking at the CPF from a very different perspective, as a nation’s reserves, as a cheap source of fund, and forgot that it is the people’s private savings. It is the people’s money and must be returned. Nothing more, nothing less. The people did not give the govt the authority to mess around with their life savings.

Excerpt from Between Apathy and Risk
Brief Specific Points on the CPF (as I have already written much on the topic):

1. There is no interest rate guarantee. As I have long noted, <span style="background-color: #FFFF00">there is no guarantee because you cannot guarantee yourself. The government guarantees CPF funds and Singaporean tax payers are the funders of the government. The Singaporean tax payer is “guaranteeing” itself. This is the equivalent of buying life insurance from yourself and promising to put the payment in a separate account so that based upon your expected death, there will be the same amount for your children. If there are ever problems with CPF and Singapore government finances, guess who will be footing the bill for this guarantee? Singapore taxpayers will be paying for their own guarantee. If something goes wrong and you have to bail yourself out, that is not a guarantee.</span>

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You are quoting from a Parliamentary debate where PAP had near stranglehold of parliament. Almost all the seats were held by PAP MPs. And you are quoting from a PAP man who argued against a policy he did not agree. This is evidence that a PAP-dominated parliament is not a rubber stamp parliament. So, what's wrong with voting for PAP when PAP MPs do argue against policies they disagree with?

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are quoting from a Parliamentary debate where PAP had near stranglehold of parliament. Almost all the seats were held by PAP MPs. And you are quoting from a PAP man who argued against a policy he did not agree. This is evidence that a PAP-dominated parliament is not a rubber stamp parliament. So, what's wrong with voting for PAP when PAP MPs do argue against policies they disagree with?

None as blind as those who will not see. The old guards that dare to speak out and walk the talk have now all gone.
What we have now is just a bunch of yes man, look no further than the voting on the 6.9 million population white paper.

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Overwhelming majority of senior citizens will vote for PAP, and will continue to vote for PAP no matter what. For them, they saw PAP lead Singapore from Third World to First. This means a lot to them. From walking on muddy paths and riding bicycle to walk to now driving or taking aircon MRT, from wooden attap kampung to high rise buildings and shopping malls.

One of my nephews is a civil servant who did election officer duty before. When senior citizens come to vote, some of them, being illiterate, would show him their voting slip and ask in mandarin or dialet, which is 雷 公 (PAP)? My nephew would point it out and ask if they wish to know who was the opposition candidate. A lot of times, they would say, 'No need to know. I only want to vote for 雷 公. I not interested in opposition at all.' And this happened a lot of times.

Even amongst the younger people, the bulk of your supporters are just disgruntled sinkies who cannot hack it in the real world, some some disgruntled civil servant like Tan Jee Say who did not get the promotion he desired.

Opposition is screwed. As long as vast majority of sinkies are earning well, you opposition complaint queen cannot hope to topple PAP.

So that's how they lost Hougang and PE by-elections by greater margins? Nobody is expecting the PAP to lose the next election. Not everyone wants them to lose. But everyone wants a stronger opposition. If there is a coalition, even better. If the PAP is relying on the older generation for support I say good luck. This is a dying breed, If the PAP was that confident of their support they wouldn't be wasting time thinking of more ways to curb online criticism.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Allow me to reveal an ugly truth to you too, those old folks are in their mid 70s and 80s now, constitute approximately less than 20% of the electorate, and most of them would have the chance to vote after the next GE.

What the current batch of young voters see is a bunch of nincompoop sitting at the top of the ivory tower collecting a fat pay check without real contribution to our society, in short: jiak liao bee.

The time is nigh :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Allow me to reveal an ugly truth to you too, those old folks are in their mid 70s and 80s now, constitute approximately less than 20% of the electorate, and most of them would have the chance to vote after the next GE.

What the current batch of young voters see is a bunch of nincompoop sitting at the top of the ivory tower collecting a fat pay check without real contribution to our society, in short: jiak liao bee.

The time is nigh :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Perhaps this is why Pinky tried very hard to appeal to the youths.

8JK7Wa6.gif