• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

School Tells Useless Sec 5 Students To Fark Off To ITE

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content/dear-trs-teacher-told-my-son-go-ite-instead-trying-promote-sec-5

Dear TRS,

My son talked to me yesterday evening about what happened on his first day of school for the year and what he told me really worries me about the quality of the teachers in our schools now.

On the first day of school, the discipline master in charge of upper secondary level students for Shu Qun Secondary School picked on a handful of students to talk to. Instead of encouraging the group of students to work harder for their O levels, he discouraged them by suggesting other alternatives (eg. ITE or private O level) for them to continue their studies. He told this group of students that they actually don't qualify to get promoted to Secondary 5. Now, what is the point of saying this when they worked really hard for their N levels and were already promoted. He told them that they will be kicked out of school if their conduct is not good as they had already completed their mandatory 10 years of education and this is an extra year for them so they should seek another course to pursue their studies.

I am very curious about teachers nowadays. They do not seem to have the passion to teach anymore. Teachers in my generation were all so motherly and caring. They cared about our future and always encouraged us to study no matter how bad we were. Did the standards for MOE dropped so drastically?

And also, are teachers allowed to sign a private contract (T&C) with students? Because that particular discipline master also mentioned that and told the group of students not to disclose it to any people.

I am very concerned with the above issues as the education system in Singapore affects the younger generation and they might change the society and culture in future.

A very sad thing to say, my son went to school happily, but was discouraged and felt so down and quiet at home. It will be very tough for the rest of the year for them as they will always be bothered by this and think that they are redundant in school. Not all students will tell their parents what had happened in school.

I hope TRS will publish this as not many parents will know what is happening to their child in school and I hope to see opinions from the public.

DL

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
http://therealsingapore.com/content/dear-trs-teacher-told-my-son-go-ite-instead-trying-promote-sec-5

Dear TRS,

My son talked to me yesterday evening about what happened on his first day of school for the year and what he told me really worries me about the quality of the teachers in our schools now.

On the first day of school, the discipline master in charge of upper secondary level students for Shu Qun Secondary School picked on a handful of students to talk to. Instead of encouraging the group of students to work harder for their O levels, he discouraged them by suggesting other alternatives (eg. ITE or private O level) for them to continue their studies. He told this group of students that they actually don't qualify to get promoted to Secondary 5. Now, what is the point of saying this when they worked really hard for their N levels and were already promoted. He told them that they will be kicked out of school if their conduct is not good as they had already completed their mandatory 10 years of education and this is an extra year for them so they should seek another course to pursue their studies.

I am very curious about teachers nowadays. They do not seem to have the passion to teach anymore. Teachers in my generation were all so motherly and caring. They cared about our future and always encouraged us to study no matter how bad we were. Did the standards for MOE dropped so drastically?

And also, are teachers allowed to sign a private contract (T&C) with students? Because that particular discipline master also mentioned that and told the group of students not to disclose it to any people.

I am very concerned with the above issues as the education system in Singapore affects the younger generation and they might change the society and culture in future.

A very sad thing to say, my son went to school happily, but was discouraged and felt so down and quiet at home. It will be very tough for the rest of the year for them as they will always be bothered by this and think that they are redundant in school. Not all students will tell their parents what had happened in school.

I hope TRS will publish this as not many parents will know what is happening to their child in school and I hope to see opinions from the public.

DL

This poster DL must be the dumbest fuck parent around. No wonder sinkies still keep voting for the PAP, I wonder who he voted for. Does he not know that teachers have a performance bonus based on the academic results of their class, as well part of it is also based on the entire school's academic performace? that is why this teacher is trying to encourage all the weak students to leave his class and leave the school altogether, so they have the higher chance for a better bonus with the remaining decent students. I don't have kids and even I know this.

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
typical parents mindset.....blaming others instead of looking at the root problem. I worry for such parents they are indeed diluting the gene pool

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am confused with sg educational systems. ITE academic content is more difficult than secondary school le. If they cannot pass N or O level how come can pass in ITE ?

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
whatever happen to MOE self-proclaimed advert ? all baloney ? or just systematic process of pushing academically challenged student to doldrums of society. Looks like every school has to usher students to ITE regardless, else ITE wont have the number to show.

[video=youtube;DabE5z6MaiY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DabE5z6MaiY[/video]

JohorRookie

Alfrescian
Loyal

I remember one of our esteemed leaders ever pointed out that people who couldn't find a job in the private sector joined the teaching profession.

I'm afraid passion to teach has nothing to do with why people joined the teaching profession. Even our CP didn't join SPF because he had a passion to maintain law and order.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I like to teach the world to short in perfect harmony with trend :biggrin:

[video=youtube;ib-Qiyklq-Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Qiyklq-Q[/video]

Hades

Alfrescian
Loyal
discipline master merely carrying out orders from ah loonz gahmen ...

What's the point of having a local degree but no jobs, but foreigners from 3rd world countries, with fake degrees, plentiful of jobs for them in Sinkeland.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The teacher is just being realistic.

Surely you can't say that when your PAP masters such as Lee Hsien Loong and Heng Swee Keat have been singing the praises of an ITE education. Even the venue of the National Day Rally was moved from NUS University Cultural Centre to the ITE HQ.

So, which is it going to be? Be consistent and make up your mind... if you have one of your own. :wink:

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Culling of potential teritary bound sinkie kids on day1 of new year school term. MOE might be spear heading project to push academically weak students out of polys, so to accomodate state sponsor non sinkies, ah nam,ah tiongs,ah neh...etc

kbw_zps500bfaa8.jpg

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U know I wonder what's the point of ITE education,if at the end of the day if u do well at this retarded school and want to proceed to the next level u have to go to poly and uni which is the same place where all the other motherfuckers go after o level.which retarded minister came up with this brilliant idea?why is there no higher university of ITE?