• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia boleh ... Singapore cars singled out to pay traffic offences ages ago!

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont know what all the fuss is about, if you break the law and get caught what do you expect, just pay the fine and stop whining (not you, but people on FB account:smile: !!!!

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont know what all the fuss is about, if you break the law and get caught what do you expect, just pay the fine and stop whining (not you, but people on FB account:smile: !!!!

Yes, I agree with you about people who whine without valid reasons.

But it seems the person on FB was complaining there was no record of the traffic offences committed in the past. Some posters also mentioned they were stopped and told to pay "fines" for offences they did not commit.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aggrieved parties should write in a formal complaint to Singapore Foreign Minister, one of the role of Foreign Ministry is "Providing efficient and responsive consular assistance to Singaporeans at home and abroad"

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope to announce the 2nd link Carnival is over. This morning 3am I went into Malaysia via Tuas for a cruise around Gelang Patah and Nusajaya area after I saw the coast clear yesterday in my family car

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I hope to announce the 2nd link Carnival is over. This morning 3am I went into Malaysia via Tuas for a cruise around Gelang Patah and Nusajaya area after I saw the coast clear yesterday in my family car

Maybe their next target...Woodland CIQ.

But hope not...

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
My friend had 50+ items.. many pages.. He also blur but he remembered once he cross the custom his average speed is 200km/hour, so he wanted to pay up.

Eventually he saw something which made him stopped. An offence in LANGKAWI.

Wow, champion liao lor!!! Not much different from getting an email or phone call from UK or Nigeria to say you have won a million $ in a lottery.

Seriously, if Msia wants to get their act right and attract lots of foreigners/investors to Medini, they have to improve the way they do some things. If the mentality is still relac relac '60s style, I don't know how far they can go.

It remains to be seen how Medini and the whole of Iskandar will turn out. May take another 20 years or so to prove itself, if it is successful at all.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Probably conveniently lumped the traffic offences committed by foreigners over the years in Malaysia, and dumped on S-plate drivers at 2nd link in one go. I'm sure many Malaysians driving S-plate also kenna.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a matter of interest, all Malaysian cars also cannot escape fines as they will be required to pay up before they can renew their roadtax annually.

There are cases of false number plates being used and the innocent party being fined. But that was in the past. Couple months back, I was asked to go to the transport department to pay a traffic fine and before I can pay, a snapshot of my car beating the traffic lights was shown to me and that is not even in a camera zone. It is in a residential area. It seemed that senior government servants can snap pics of offenders anytime, anywhere with their cam and send them to the road transport dept for further action. So beware.

barra10

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened if you had just bought a 2nd hand car and found that it had outstanding summons in Malaysia.
How do you defend your case here since it was committed by the previous owner ? Or do you just LL and pay up ?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened if you had just bought a 2nd hand car and found that it had outstanding summons in Malaysia.
How do you defend your case here since it was committed by the previous owner ? Or do you just LL and pay up ?

Keep the purchase documents and ownership transfer doc with you in the car and explain that you had just bought the car, and show proof. also before you buy that car do check online for any traffic offences.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep the purchase documents and ownership transfer doc with you in the car and explain that you had just bought the car, and show proof. also before you buy that car do check online for any traffic offences.

Nowadays the transfer of ownership of vehicles is strictly done electronically. The first owner need to scan his fingerprint to match the records at Road Transport Department before transfer can be effected. Therefore the chances of old fines being carried forward is nil.

Worse still, the system is linked to various department. When I renewed my passport, I told the officers at Immigration I changed address, all he did was to update and the next thing I had is an email from Road transport informing me they too had updated their records. So imagine you had a traffic offence, it will be linked to the Immigration. Both ways also kena.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays the transfer of ownership of vehicles is strictly done electronically. The first owner need to scan his fingerprint to match the records at Road Transport Department before transfer can be effected. Therefore the chances of old fines being carried forward is nil.

Worse still, the system is linked to various department. When I renewed my passport, I told the officers at Immigration I changed address, all he did was to update and the next thing I had is an email from Road transport informing me they too had updated their records. So imagine you had a traffic offence, it will be linked to the Immigration. Both ways also kena.

I think barra10 was asking about singapore cars, not M'sian cars. There is always the sale booking form and several other contract documents (loan doc) etc and we can go online onemotoring and print the ownership page as well. I don't see it as a problem explaining to PDRM that I just bought the car and the offence date was clearly before i bought the car. It may cause a lot of inconvenience and maybe quite some time spent at the station, though.

anyway i think it's good to pay the fine. i'm someone who doesn't like having the thought of being blacklisted somehow. in singapore there is a demerit point for speeding and the fine is a lot more punitive. having said that, i often go around 120km/h and i wish either the land trasport guys raise the speed limit or else the enforcement depts give some leeway for speeds not in excess of 20km/h above the speed limit like in singapore. The 90 km/h limit all the way from sungai besi to kajang is kind of ridiculous, too slow. Many roads in KL have been upgraded to four lane highways (for eg lebuhraya mahameru) but i believe the speed limit is still the ancient 70km/h??

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding buying a 2nd hand car and having to pay for the summons, the Malaysian authorities have made it clear on paper that they ( the owners ) have to proof their ownership happens after the summons were issued. Then the authorities wont ask them to pay. So its wise to bring along a LTA or sales copy record when you drive into Malaysia. And this is where the loophole comes in

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think barra10 was asking about singapore cars, not M'sian cars. There is always the sale booking form and several other contract documents (loan doc) etc and we can go online onemotoring and print the ownership page as well. I don't see it as a problem explaining to PDRM that I just bought the car and the offence date was clearly before i bought the car. It may cause a lot of inconvenience and maybe quite some time spent at the station, though.

anyway i think it's good to pay the fine. i'm someone who doesn't like having the thought of being blacklisted somehow. in singapore there is a demerit point for speeding and the fine is a lot more punitive. having said that, i often go around 120km/h and i wish either the land trasport guys raise the speed limit or else the enforcement depts give some leeway for speeds not in excess of 20km/h above the speed limit like in singapore. The 90 km/h limit all the way from sungai besi to kajang is kind of ridiculous, too slow. Many roads in KL have been upgraded to four lane highways (for eg lebuhraya mahameru) but i believe the speed limit is still the ancient 70km/h??

Believe it or not I was caught and paid fine RM300 for overspeeding in Mambau, Negeri Sembilan. It was a 50kph kampung stretch and I was going to 63kph. Why? Just 2 days ago, some poor soul got run down by speeding car and hence the enforcement. Talking about plain bad luck.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding buying a 2nd hand car and having to pay for the summons, the Malaysian authorities have made it clear on paper that they ( the owners ) have to proof their ownership happens after the summons were issued. Then the authorities wont ask them to pay. So its wise to bring along a LTA or sales copy record when you drive into Malaysia. And this is where the loophole comes in

Blame the new buyer of the 2nd hand car who did not check for unpaid summons over in Malaysia before transactions. The rule of the jungle applies everywhere.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many sinkies go over and drive like they own Malaysian roads.
wreckless speeding, aggressive road manners, blatant disrespect for rules by making illegal u turns
ect..and when get caught start to kowpeh kowbu. Most of these outstanding fines relate to speeding
so owners should have known that they had unpaid speeding fines.

I look at it as a discount..since the fines remain unpaid and interest free ..until caught..and
if you dont get caught its a super bonus

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many sinkies go over and drive like they own Malaysian roads.
wreckless speeding, aggressive road manners, blatant disrespect for rules by making illegal u turns
ect..and when get caught start to kowpeh kowbu. Most of these outstanding fines relate to speeding
so owners should have known that they had unpaid speeding fines.

I look at it as a discount..since the fines remain unpaid and interest free ..until caught..and
if you dont get caught its a super bonus

U must not exclude "many SPRs...go over and drive like they own Msian roads.