• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can God make mistakes?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I spoke too quickly here, Adam wore no fig leaf before he ate the apple and was banished from Eden. In which case eating the Apple (disobeying the Creator) allowed him to open up his mind to the world around, otherwise he'd remain sheltered and stupid. If not for his disobedience, all of us would be walking around naked, and probably kind of ignorant as well!:biggrin:

Adam did what Adam did because he was a man. In this story, he was obliging Eve, which, according to the story, happened to be the ONLY woman, and companion on earth! And for this, God faulted him? It then indeed is God's mistake!:eek:

Cheers!

Sorry but it looks like you are mistaken. Adam wore no fig leaves prior to his sinning against God. The fig leaves wardrobe disaster was what he and Eve tried to do after they sinned and discovered they were naked and felt ashamed. Sin corrupts and distorts nakedness, so now lust becomes an issue. God was the one who killed an animal and made clothes of skin, which is a picture that a covering for sin requires the shedding of blood. To be happy that Adam disobeyed shows a rather warped view of things, sorry about that. It is calling evil good and good evil. I would urge you to read the Bible carefully and note what effects that disobedience brought to the world. Adam's disobedience brought in death and suffering. It did not usher in anything good.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I spoke too quickly here, Adam wore no fig leaf before he ate the apple and was banished from Eden. In which case eating the Apple (disobeying the Creator) allowed him to open up his mind to the world around, otherwise he'd remain sheltered and stupid. If not for his disobedience, all of us would be walking around naked, and probably kind of ignorant as well!:biggrin:

Adam did what Adam did because he was a man. In this story, he was obliging Eve, which, according to the story, happened to be the ONLY woman, and companion on earth! And for this, God faulted him? It then indeed is God's mistake!:eek:

Cheers!

Sorry, but the Bible does not mention what fruit it was. In any case, there is no evidence from the Biblical text that the eating of the fruit increased Adam's cognitive powers or made him smarter than before. The Biblical text instead says that eating from the tree was a downfall, not an improvement. Things went downhill ever since. BTW, God faulted all 3 parties, the serpent, the woman and the man. When the issue is a matter of obedience, it is irrelevant what one thinks the "benefits" of disobedience would be. Agree?

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
God: Both of you idiots who know nuts about me still got the cheek to talk so much nonsense about me. What the fuck do both of you know? If I want to tell you about me, it will not be through some stupid book or scientific discovery, you bozos!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it matter what fruit it was, it was just symbolic. It could be a mango, kiwi fruit, or even durian, the story is about disobedience. Getting driven out of the garden forced Adam to use and develop his skills and thnking for survival, which brought progress. It is much better than remaining in the garden where God provided everything. God faulted everyone but himself, (typical). Good or bad isn't the question to be asked here, it is what to do next? Adam and his descendants are on their own now.

Cheers!

Sorry, but the Bible does not mention what fruit it was. In any case, there is no evidence from the Biblical text that the eating of the fruit increased Adam's cognitive powers or made him smarter than before. The Biblical text instead says that eating from the tree was a downfall, not an improvement. Things went downhill ever since. BTW, God faulted all 3 parties, the serpent, the woman and the man. When the issue is a matter of obedience, it is irrelevant what one thinks the "benefits" of disobedience would be. Agree?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, can't help that. Religion is nonsense anyway, lots of folklore, superstition, speculation, bullshit. Honestly, our human minds are too miniscule to fathom and grasp things around us, let alone the vast universe and its history. Would help if you could reveal yourself to us god.

Cheers!

God: Both of you idiots who know nuts about me still got the cheek to talk so much nonsense about me. What the fuck do both of you know? If I want to tell you about me, it will not be through some stupid book or scientific discovery, you bozos!

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think it matter what fruit it was, it was just symbolic. It could be a mango, kiwi fruit, or even durian, the story is about disobedience. Getting driven out of the garden forced Adam to use and develop his skills and thnking for survival, which brought progress. It is much better than remaining in the garden where God provided everything. God faulted everyone but himself, (typical). Good or bad isn't the question to be asked here, it is what to do next? Adam and his descendants are on their own now.

Cheers!

Wow, it's amazing how you can turn black to white! The Bible talks about disobedience bringing about corruption, death and suffering, but yet you see disobedience as a good choice that brought about progress! And you also think that the corruption is better than perfection. Pretty warped perspective IMO.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sorry, can't help that. Religion is nonsense anyway, lots of folklore, superstition, speculation, bullshit. Honestly, our human minds are too miniscule to fathom and grasp things around us, let alone the vast universe and its history. Would help if you could reveal yourself to us god.

Cheers!

God: Why do you want to know me? Can an ant become an elephant and can an elephant become a human? Can you live the life of an ant and can an ant live the life of an elephant? The answer is very clear. I am God and you're human. There is no way for you to understand me and I've no plan for you. If I've a plan for you, I can easily let you know and I do not need you to spend a second more to find out about it. Just live your life and don't think too much. You're not that special. If you're so special, you would know it. If you're still trying to make sense of your life, then you're wasting your time for if I want you to make sense of your life, I can easily do so at the blink of an eye and you would not need to spend a second more agonising over it. If you need to ask, then you're missing the point totally. Listen, you don't need to find me. I can find you and will reveal to you if I want to. I'm God, remember?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
God: Why do you want to know me? Can an ant become an elephant and can an elephant become a human? Can you live the life of an ant and can an ant live the life of an elephant? The answer is very clear. I am God and you're human. There is no way for you to understand me and I've no plan for you. If I've a plan for you, I can easily let you know and I do not need you to spend a second more to find out about it. Just live your life and don't think too much. You're not that special. If you're so special, you would know it. If you're still trying to make sense of your life, then you're wasting your time for if I want you to make sense of your life, I can easily do so at the blink of an eye and you would not need to spend a second more agonising over it. If you need to ask, then you're missing the point totally. Listen, you don't need to find me. I can find you and will reveal to you if I want to. I'm God, remember?

Oh no...Someone forgot his meds....replying as God....need to call pee bor pee bor IMH ambulance to send him back again! LOL!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear God, you are right in this - no one can understand you, and hence we humans have made you out to be in different forms. Some have made you to be a monkey, some a pig, some with six arms, mostly an elderly male figure surrounded by beautiful maidens. That was a long ago, now, we may imagine you to be a microchip.

Cheers!

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not seeing it as good nor bad, just doing what a person has to do. If one chose to view decision from a parochial angle and "disobeying" god is bad, that is a personal choice, others do not.

Cheers!

Wow, it's amazing how you can turn black to white! The Bible talks about disobedience bringing about corruption, death and suffering, but yet you see disobedience as a good choice that brought about progress! And you also think that the corruption is better than perfection. Pretty warped perspective IMO.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not seeing it as good nor bad, just doing what a person has to do. If one chose to view decision from a parochial angle and "disobeying" god is bad, that is a personal choice, others do not.

Cheers!

So to you all is relative? Absolutely no absolutes?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is that contradictory? Looks like we are debating over verbal use and have drifted from the thread title, that's fine by me though, not the first time its happened.

Cheers!

Absolutely no absolutes is self contradictory. Relativism is feet in mid air.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is that contradictory? Looks like we are debating over verbal use and have drifted from the thread title, that's fine by me though, not the first time its happened.

Cheers!

This is no mere semantics. Unless you deny there are objective truths to be discovered ie there are also absolutes, it would be illogical to hold to relativism as it requires one to say there are absolutely no absolutes (self contradictory claim) or that relativism is true (self-refuting claim).

STORM88

Alfrescian
Loyal
God doesn't make mistakes. He is perfect. It is us humans with our own free will who made all of them. First Eve eating the forbidden fruit of knowledge. Next brother killing one another in Cain and Abel. Next the destruction of sinful mankind during Noah's Ark...until now ISIS. All because of FREE WILL.

At least when you are gay you can change to straight. Buy changing sex is a bit tricky because it is difficult to go back. At least he dies he goes to heaven. Still win win situation. Our presence on earth is just temporary. Dun get too upset about it.

Oh yes he does.

He created Lucifer.