• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Stomper's cab fare from Sentosa to Woodlands costs $195

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...rom-sentosa-to-woodlands-costs-195#xtor=CS2-4

How is this possible? Stomper's cab fare from Sentosa to Woodlands costs $195Posted on 01 January 2015 | 5,956 views | 8 comments

ubermain.jpg

Stomper David is unsure how he racked up a tab of $195 for a cab ride from Sentosa to Woodlands in the early hours of this morning (Jan 1).

The Stomper had booked the taxi through the Uber app.

He had also made a stop at Lakeside to drop his girlfriend off.

In a phone conversation with Stomp, the Stomper said:

"Yesterday, my girlfriend and I went to the countdown party at Siloso Beach, Sentosa.

"We took the shuttle bus back from Sentosa to the HarbourFront interchange.

"Seeing so many people queuing up for a cab at the taxi stand, I decided to use the Uber app to book a taxi ride home.

"The driver first dropped my girlfriend off at Lakeside, then ended the trip at Woodlands. This was at about 5 something this morning.

"I did ask the driver about the pricing, but he told me that it was calculated via the US site using GPS.

"In the end, the tab added up to a grand sum of $195.

"Also, I was warned of a double charge (as you can see in the screengrab) before I proceeded with the booking, but proceeded with it anyway as I didn't think it will add up to this figure."

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Not likely that the distance will total to 72km. Something wrong with the GPS?

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This definitely a ripped off by the cab driver.

With $195.00 you can book a very comfortable limousine bus trip for 2 to Genting Highland including 2 nite hotel stay@!

Asked taxi company for a refund!

crossroads

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did he pay or not that is the thing. If he paid then the full amount then he must be pretty stupid and replaced by a pinoy asap.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
why uber in sg? There is a case when an uber driver rape a female passenger..