• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

INDIAN FTRASH VP @ DEUTSCHE BANK CRITICISES SGs FOR HAVING SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreign indian vp at deutsche bank criticise singaporeans for being entitled

Fair your head. Fair opportunities to local and foreigners means unfair to locals. In every country that I have work dealings before, including Australia, Malaysia, Philippines, there is no such thing as easily employing a foreigner for a job when a local can do the job.

I don't think this is the norm happening in msia. Anyway ask them to convert to Sporeans lor since already in Spore earning SGD. Spore welcome them!
The judgement of fair opportunities was told to me by many Malaysian Chinese. Please go and ask them why? Also, since you are so welcoming them, then I think you should have no problem accommodating to these people.

With regards to "easily employing a foreigner for a job when a local can do the job", I believe this situation will gradually change since there's now the "Consider Singaporeans First" policy mandated by the government (refer to my earlier post #32). However, if eventually the locals still don't want to take up the job, who should be blamed then?

I can confidently tell you that in general, the locals rejected the jobs because of the mismatch of salary expectations. Otherwise, they may also not stay long in their jobs due to the same reason. I learned this from both the bosses and the applicants. Don't forget that in my course of work previously, I also have many local clients with factories in Sinkie Land and I often chat about their workforce conditions with them because we have to provide the training to new staff when requested by our clients although these training are also chargeable.

In Australia, there is indeed some form of protection for the local workforce as after all, it is a country where their unions are very aggressive. On a side-note, I remembered once attending the Mapletree AGM and the CEO was saying that they are staying out of Australia because of their very conservative working regulation/environment. This is what will happen if you are over protective. TOYOTA manufacturing facilities will be leaving Australia after 2017 since they have become commercially inviable to continue with their production. FORD and HOLDEN will also stop manufacturing in 2016 and 2017 respectively. MITSUBISHI had also quit long ago. And their own HOLDEN is barely profitable now. You must also know that in addition to all the 3 above, there are also many local supporting industries which may also have to close down and affect thousands of workers. In Malaysia, there are also many foreign workers overwhelming the locals nowadays. I don't know about the Philippines.

Last edited:

Ambulance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Foreign indian vp at deutsche bank criticise singaporeans for being entitled

I believe this situation will gradually change since there's now the "Consider Singaporeans First" policy mandated by the government (refer to my earlier post #32).

halo singapo zha jit eh campaign si leetrench singapo lang meh meh si boh

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Forcing every Singaporean males to do NS and reservist while the PR/FT dont need is not tying our hands and legs?

Other things being equal, would u employ a PR/FT without NS and reservist obligations or a Singaporean male? I also posed this question to you once but you evaded answering it.

Pls spare us the crap that NS builds characters etc.
Again you are using the same argument of having to serve NS for males. Then why don't you complain against the Sinkie females as well since they don't have to serve NS?

Oh come on, NS now is only 2 years. If you are capable and proven to be worthy by the company, there won't be any disadvantage. I myself is an example. Why am I able to retire early from my career since I also have to serve my NS and it was 2½ years at that time.

Serving reservist time is not really a big issue for most companies and if genuinely necessary, they can also ask for deferment, although cannot be too often. For foreigners, the employers can also be subjected to the risk of having their FTs' permit not being approved for subsequent years. Eventually, both will also cause inconveniences and disruptions to the company.

I can't answer to you about whether to employ a foreigner or a Singaporean because honestly, I've never been a boss myself. I could have lied to you, but I don't want to. However, I remembered forumer John Tan had given you a glimpse on this issue. Please check back on his earlier posts.

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal

So far in all your responses , instead of answering the questions posed, you introduced red herrings. You keep trying to switch the topics. It is no point having any further discussion with you.

Again you are using the same argument of having to serve NS for males. Then why don't you complain against the Sinkie females as well since they don't have to serve NS?

Oh come on, NS now is only 2 years. If you are capable and proven to be worthy by the company, there won't be any disadvantage. I myself is an example. Why am I able to retire early from my career since I also have to serve my NS and it was 2½ years at that time.

Serving reservist time is not really a big issue for most companies and if genuinely necessary, they can also ask for deferment, although cannot be too often. For foreigners, the employers can also be subjected to the risk of having their FTs' permit not being approved for subsequent years. Eventually, both will also cause inconveniences and disruptions to the company.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

So far in all your responses , instead of answering the questions posed, you introduced red herrings. You keep trying to switch the topics. It is no point having any further discussion with you.
If you are not satisfied with my replies, so be it. I am not compelled to reply to your liking or to your compliance. Otherwise, it'll be pointless to be in this thread. If you will read my same post again, it has been edited on the last paragraph.

I can't answer to you about whether to employ a foreigner or a Singaporean because honestly, I've never been a boss myself. I could have lied to you, but I don't want to. However, I remembered forumer John Tan had given you a glimpse on this issue. Please check back on his earlier posts.

Similarly, like I said, why don't you complain against Sinkie females since they don't do NS. You can't answer that because you have no valid reasons to vindicate yourself.

Last edited:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sometimes it is not a matter of choice, if you don't fight invasion and end up a refugee on boat, do you think Australia, Indonesia or Malaysia will accept you to enter their country in such a condition? Only if a country is rich and sovereign then the citizens will be welcome anywhere.
I think his idea is to let the invading country take over and be their new citizens, like Syonanto.:smile:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Old Fart LKY is a vindictive man. To judge a man by his look you can say he is a man that will hurt you if you are in his way.

In 1984 I was in Clementi Stadium where PAP rally was held. I saw though him as a man full of vengeance and hate when he see no big crowd was there to cheer and support him.

You got to see his face at the rally, different man than his msm portrayed him to be. This man LKY is not a nice man and today you see how he bended to destroyed Singaporeans.

Fearing he may also lose his own ward if he sticked to same election style , in 1989 changed to GRC election. There was big challenged to GRC system but because he controlled msm he could get away with it.

I think his idea is to let the invading country take over and be their new citizens, like Syonanto.:smile:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

Old Fart LKY is a vindictive man. To judge a man by his look you can say he is a man that will hurt you if you are in his way.

In 1984 I was in Clementi Stadium where PAP rally was held. I saw though him as a man full of vengeance and hate when he see no big crowd was there to cheer and support him.

You got to see his face at the rally, different man than his msm portrayed him to be. This man LKY is not a nice man and today you see how he bended to destroyed Singaporeans.

Fearing he may also lose his own ward if he sticked to same election style , in 1989 changed to GRC election. There was big challenged to GRC system but because he controlled msm he could get away with it.
LKY is indeed cunning and dangerous. Dangerous in the sense that his first priority concern is for his own good. Have heard rumors that he and Nathan were conspiracies for the Japanese during WWII. How true I don't know because I wasn't even born yet.:biggrin:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

It was recorded and he himself wrote about it. Of course a book was written by the author to paint his own history.

LKY is indeed cunning and dangerous. Dangerous in the sense that his first priority concern is for his own good. Have heard rumors that he and Nathan were conspiracies for the Japanese during WWII. How true I don't know because I wasn't even born yet.:biggrin:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Picture worth a thousand words........can someone help post his whole village photo from the bank:confused:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

The judgement of fair opportunities was told to me by many Malaysian Chinese. Please go and ask them why? Also, since you are so welcoming them, then I think you should have no problem accommodating to these people.

With regards to "easily employing a foreigner for a job when a local can do the job", I believe this situation will gradually change since there's now the "Consider Singaporeans First" policy mandated by the government (refer to my earlier post #32). However, if eventually the locals still don't want to take up the job, who should be blamed then?

I can confidently tell you that in general, the locals rejected the jobs because of the mismatch of salary expectations. Otherwise, they may also not stay long in their jobs due to the same reason. I learned this from both the bosses and the applicants. Don't forget that in my course of work previously, I also have many local clients with factories in Sinkie Land and I often chat about their workforce conditions with them because we have to provide the training to new staff when requested by our clients although these training are also chargeable.

In Australia, there is indeed some form of protection for the local workforce as after all, it is a country where their unions are very aggressive. On a side-note, I remembered once attending the Mapletree AGM and the CEO was saying that they are staying out of Australia because of their very conservative working regulation/environment. This is what will happen if you are over protective. TOYOTA manufacturing facilities will be leaving Australia after 2017 since they have become commercially inviable to continue with their production. FORD and HOLDEN will also stop manufacturing in 2016 and 2017 respectively. MITSUBISHI had also quit long ago. And their own HOLDEN is barely profitable now. You must also know that in addition to all the 3 above, there are also many local supporting industries which may also have to close down and affect thousands of workers. In Malaysia, there are also many foreign workers overwhelming the locals nowadays. I don't know about the Philippines.

As long as there are cheaper foreigners available, the so called mismatch of salary expectations will be there as Singaporeans' salaries have to pay for living expenses and mortgage in Singapore, not in India, Msia or Philippines. Bosses will of course say it is a mismatch of expectation due to cheaper alternative available as foreigners can afford to ask for less but not Singaporeans.

I think you have been hoodwinked by the consider Spore first thing. In Australia last time, i never heard about this but what they did is the real thing. Although I am not HR, I know it was not just an obscure database for employer to put resume for two weeks. What I heard was you need to actively advertised in major newspapers, shortlist and interview available candidates and keep detail records to prove all actions taken to recruit local staff. Even in msia when my ex company wanted to apply employment pass for country director position, they questioned why cannot recruit local staff to do the job? So from what I know, other countries did active monitoring and not just issued pass anyhow.

Another thing I heard from my friend is msia govt is very protective of their workers. In her KL company, a msian was fired from job for poor performance and the worker went to complain and the company had to justify and answer why. In the end, compensation was given to the fired staff. Btw that staff was msian chinese so the msia govt did protect all staff, including chinese.

I think the Australian system may be the other extreme and Sporean bosses who are used to exploiting staff will not be used to it. But actually it is not bad in the long run as everybody is more aware of your rights and the employee will not be abused while the employer will not anyhow ask for last minute job that requires workers to work over time.

It is alot harder to be manager there so as long as you are a worker it is okay. The system was so protective of workers that I can recall they have detailed regulations on wages to be paid for workers based on type of jobs. Even for cleaners they adjust the pay base on number of toilet cubicles cleaned, number of staff supervised etc. Really very protective of workers rights. So much so can be subject to abuse by workers like one went on one year long medical leave.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

halo moe eng gai kio zunni take oh lever indish paper charge marney boh pass boh ghang zho

Yeah lor all must pass english before allowing them to work in Spore indeed. Also must question Stanchart, Deutsche bank etc why cannot hire Sporeans for the job? No Sporean banker want to be VP meh?

AhPuNeNe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah lor all must pass english before allowing them to work in Spore indeed. Also must question Stanchart, Deutsche bank etc why cannot hire Sporeans for the job? No Sporean banker want to be VP meh?

Have to pay employer's CPF liabilities, have to headache male employees' NS liabilities. If you are the employer, which one you prefers to hire?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

The Philippines remain as the 5th Largest English Speaking country in the World.

Recent English proficiency test excluded the Philippines in ranking among countries with high English proficiency as the record shows that the country remain at large as the 5th largest English speaking country in the world.

International research and surveys such as IBM shows that the Philippines’ Universities are producing not less than 500,000 English speaking graduates each year which is vital for the continuously growing BPO industry in the country.

In 2010, the Philippines gain a new title as the number 1 in BPO country in the world surpassing India.

The Philippines’ English is mixed of American and British English which the language itself were able to grow within the archipelagic country.

According to the BPO clients in the US, the country’s English is so competitive as evidenced by the fast growing outsourcing industry. Besides, the Philippines English accents is the most preferred by the western countries because it is neutral and is more comprehendable and Filipino tongue is so flexible and so easy to adapt the western accent and make them attuned.

Tata the biggest outsourcing firm in India have opened their BPO office in the Fort Bonifacio, Philippines after they got a continuous demand from their US clients looking for Philippines English speaker to deal with their accounts.

Just recently, a small US-based private business English training and testing institution "Education First" came out with an English proficiency ranking report of 44 countries.

Of the Asian countries that were included in the report Malaysia had the highest English proficiency index (EPI) of 55.54, a "high proficiency" level, and is ranked 9th.

The exclusion of the Philippines in the ranking was mentioned as the country still able to stand with their title as the 5th largest English speaking country in the world.

For so many Filipinos traveling around the globe and 10% of their population or 9 to 10 Million Filipinos working outside the Philippines; there is no incident happened and none of their constituents fallen into a deep well because of jumping into a well with a sign “Be careful pitfalls ahead”.

For the 44 countries tested in English proficiency, Kazakhstan ranked 44th with a "very low" English proficiency EPI of 31.75.

A group of professionals in the Philippines drafting a petition for the exclusion of the professionals of the Philippines from taking any English examination which is usually conducted by the IELTS and TOEFL as a preliminary requirement for Filipinos to migrate in the other English countries like Australia, UK and USA and planned to include the Philippines to the list of the native English speaking countries.

The said petition would pass through the hole of a spike as the Philippines still suffered the discrimination from the other native English countries and OECD member countries for a poor economy in spite of very rich resources including metallic minerals, oil, gas and natures.

The Philippines’ native such as Igorot, Subano, and other lumads or aborigins of the country have the same case with the Australian’ aborigins.

According to a research, it is normal that there are some less educated locals who could not understand or speak English and those tribes or group of people are not a migrant type. In Australia, a known English native country in Oceania has the same issue with the Philippines. The Australian aboriginals could not even speak English at all.

The recent English testing methodology conducted by the “Education First” was also disclosed their full report, that there were 2,368,730 test takers that were included in the ranking except the Filipinos who were voluntarily taking the English test.

The Philippines must have to celebrate as the country still enjoys a good English speaking population, as represented by half a million English-proficient employees of the US$9 billion Dollar revenue contributor of the country for the business process outsourcing industry.

The Philippines is one of the States of the United States of America from 1898 to 1940 which official language and language of instruction used is English.

John Langford, executive vice president for the Business Process Association of the Philippines (BPAP), said the Philippines still has a competitive edge in English proficiency primarily due to its affinity with Western cultures.

In fact, Filipinos consume a lot of foreign films and TV in English, which are not dubbed or given English subtitles. School textbooks and medium of instruction are also mostly in English except for Filipino-related subjects.

Of course, this does not necessarily mean that English proficiency is constantly good among Filipinos. As Langford said, the proficiency itself is declining relative to the growth of the BPO industry demands.

"We need to continue to partner with the government and academe to continue raising the level of English proficiency of the Filipinos in order to sustain the future growth of the industry in the Philippines," Langford said.

On the other hand, other expert says that the Filipino must not be overacting and a muted English perfectionist which triggers other Filipinos to shut-up of fear that other will correct them if they would be saying a sentence in a wrong grammar. Such Filipino attitude will make the English proficiency of the Filipinos dropping down and it would affect the country’s English proficiency.

"I advice that the Filipino must keep on talking and express their feelings in English and ignore the people who love correcting mistakes, in such manner they would be train and continue improving their English skills, as they would be more familiarized with the English terminology; later they could polished it and could make it perfect" an expert said.

http://betterphils.blogspot.sg/2011/04/english-proficiency-test-excluded.html

Looks like we should hire more Pinoys and sent sinkies for more English lessons. Employers clearly prefer Malaysians or Pinoys for their better proficiency in English.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...town-lol-picture-speaks-1000-wor-4926949.html

(Deutsche Bank's racist VP) All hired from his hometown. LOL! Picture speaks 1000 wor
<!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/images/statusicon/wol_error.gifThis image has been resized.Click to view original image

Summary: VP from Deutsche Bank wrote on PM LHL's Facebook saying locals are XXX and YYY etc.

Censored to protect the bank's reputation.

Anyway, picture of him and his team speaks 1000 words! http://www.fuckwarezone.com.sg/img/forums/hwz/smilies/laugh.gif
<!-- / message --> kiama, greenbubble, seePyou and 27 others like this.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Consider Sinkee First policy does not work ...employer can consider and then not hire local. Employers do not need to explain why. So, there is Sinkee first policy.

Local companies are cheapo ...they are greedy and want everything cheap. Since government allow them to hire cheap foreigners, they don't want to pay more. See the problem?

If Australia decides to impose a Made in Australia requirements, then those companies will have to manufacture here. It is not jobs but the quality of jobs that matters. Free trade eventually will be tossed out in favour of managed trade.