• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Smearing of Raffles' reputation has begun so that.....

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our state-controlled media have been working overtime to install LKY a/k/a Old Fart as the leegitmate founding father of Sinkieland.

In order to do that, LEEgime has to show cause as to why Stamford Raffles is not fit to be hailed as the founder of Sinkieland.

At this weekend Channel News Asia will telecast a programme titled "Raffles Revisited". It aims to show that Raffles was extremely petty, jealous, vindictive, etc... In short, Leegime wants Raffles to be portrayed as a man full of character flaws. (You get the drift here.)

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raffles and the British empire were the ones to make Singapore ang moh at the very beginning. LKY was one of the early ones to kiss their ass by going to Raffles Institution. Then he worked for the Japanese during WWII. After Japanese left, he got tired of the British and tried to act hero by wanting to run Singapore.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore history is like the Bible.

Old Testament: Sang Nila Utama, Raffles

New Testament: Lee Kuan Yew

There can be only one messiah of Singapore. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I wouldn't worry too much, Once the old man ups the lorry they will start to find all sorts of skeletons. I doubt that LHL can keep a lid on it because he is not feared & people will start talking. We are talking of a long history of at least 50 years

smiling

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah but old man is smart
put everything in his books
changes are now black and white
and will be read world wide thru many generations

who can say otherwise or refute all his claims - people his era are mostly dead

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I wouldn't worry too much, Once the old man ups the lorry they will start to find all sorts of skeletons. I doubt that LHL can keep a lid on it because he is not feared & people will start talking. We are talking of a long history of at least 50 years

Lèse-majesté no?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lèse-majesté no?

That law applies to the royalty in LOS. In Spore when the PAP becomes a minority gov't they will lose control of the courts, media, etc & it will be open season on the elites. This is has happened to other gov'ts & is the inevitable outcome of all dictatorships. Might take a while longer if LKY is around. Once he is out of the picture I expect things will change very fast.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah but old man is smart

Books can write whatever they want to write. The parents, on the other hand, can teach their children the undistorted truth.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah but old man is smart

LKY regime attempting to emulate the Japanese.
The Japanese have tried to deny any wrong doing during WW2 e.g. Nanking massacre, comfort women, Sook Ching massacre,...

Doubt it will work because there are too many Sporeans that have been affected by LKY's policies e.g. stop at two policy, how the CPF is being used to exploit Sporeans, the wealth he has amassed, ...

akasha

Alfrescian
Loyal
Once he is out of the picture I expect things will change very fast.

Before that first joss stick to LKY finish burning, his Ah Loon will hooted and hooted and will gain another ten arseholes for all his shit to leak out from

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Most sinkies agree that LKY and SR Nathan to be very admirable despite them working for the kempeitai in WW2. In contrast, hardly anyone gives two hoots about Lim Bo Seng and the men of the Malay Regiment who perished fighting the Japs. The hard truth is that most sinkies only know that Raffles founded modern singapore, and don't care to know much about Raffles beyond that. To most sinkies, Raffles is either the elite school or the country club. Nothing more. I don't think its worth anyone's time to smear Stamford Raffle's name.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sang nila utama was just a marginalized and disenfranchised prince of palembang who landed at the mouth of the stinkie river in self-exile, and he called it stinkyputra but decided to change it to sinkiepura after mistaking a chow chow-baboon crossbreed for a lion. it might actually have been a masked palm civet. he owed his lordship of the island to tiongland as the emperor in tiongland recognized him as a local ruler in 1366.

raffles was making a name for himself while being a kiss-ass servant of the east india company under the sponsorship of british royalty. his imperialist and colonialist agenda was predictably one-sided and boring. notice that his schlong was long and ang mo tua kee, and he parked it to his left. he ended up being a royalist stooge and was awarded knighthood by virtue of sacrificing much of his life traveling to and fro south east asia, establishing a base for pillage and plunder, and dueling with the dutch for control of the spice trade in the indon archipelago. he was not really there for sinkiepore.

on the other hand, we have lky. true son of sg, part pioneer and founder of independence and democracy in sg, willing to fall into longkang for the sake of a nation. he is quadruple secret squirrel, in bed with all in power and at the same time out of bed if he senses weakness and gullibility. he is the only quadruple-timing secret agent in world history who ultimately rises to be not only pm, but sm, mm, and bdsm. his résumé includes the kempeitai, allied intell agencies post-war, oss, british special branch, american cia (still unclear), and soon the public security bureau of tiongland (most likely post-humous and post-humorous). due to versatility, contortionist agility, yet with iron-handed execution of uncompromising and unpopular policies that benefit all known species in the universe, i award him the title of "the founder of sinknpour", a visionary who captures every drop of rain water, clears all the shit in sg, and transforms a sleeping fishing village to a modern metropolis. :biggrin:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most sinkies agree that LKY and SR Nathan to be very admirable despite them working for the kempeitai in WW2. In contrast, hardly anyone gives two hoots about Lim Bo Seng and the men of the Malay Regiment who perished fighting the Japs. The hard truth is that most sinkies only know that Raffles founded modern singapore, and don't care to know much about Raffles beyond that. To most sinkies, Raffles is either the elite school or the country club. Nothing more. I don't think its worth anyone's time to smear Stamford Raffle's name.

That day I just watched the show, Tan Kah Kee 陈嘉庚 also major contributor to anti Japanese war effort. Truly these real heroes have not been been given much recognition and appreciation. Instead people keep thanking those Japanese translators.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That day I just watched the show, Tan Kah Kee 陈嘉庚 also major contributor to anti Japanese war effort. Truly these real heroes have not been been given much recognition and appreciation. Instead people keep thanking those Japanese translators.

Tan Kah Kee was a very well-known philanthropist in pre-WW2 period. After WW2, he gradually switched sides and became a full-blown Commie supporter. He was ultimately barred from returning to Singapore by the Brits and vanished from Singapore public life. Died in Peking as a Commie in 1961.

On hindsight, the Brits did Tan Kah Kee a favour by barring his return to Singapore. If not, high chance Tan Kah Kee would have been nabbed by the Special Branch in those anti-commie purges and jailed. Most likely would have died in jail.

rover2sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our state-controlled media have been working overtime to install LKY a/k/a Old Fart as the leegitmate founding father of Sinkieland.

In order to do that, LEEgime has to show cause as to why Stamford Raffles is not fit to be hailed as the founder of Sinkieland.

At this weekend Channel News Asia will telecast a programme titled "Raffles Revisited". It aims to show that Raffles was extremely petty, jealous, vindictive, etc... In short, Leegime wants Raffles to be portrayed as a man full of character flaws. (You get the drift here.)

On what basis did you write this? I have yet to see the programme. Have you?

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
On what basis did you write this? I have yet to see the programme. Have you?

First of all, I apologize for the wrong title. It should be RAFFLES REVEALED

The date and time of the broadcast is Sunday, January 4 at 2000 hours on Channel News Asia