• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you need a Singpass?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have a Singpass but haven't been using it. Have received notification that it will deactivated because I haven't used in years.

Can anyone tell me if there is really a need for this Singpass?

Buckethead

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have a Singpass but haven't been using it. Have received notification that it will deactivated because I haven't used in years.

Mostly use for official related matters, apply again next time when u need it....

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only reason I've got a Singpass was because the gov't made it a necessity in the past. I think you needed one if you wanted to apply for Singtel shares:confused: Can't remember exactly, but I thought it was a dumb idea because why should someone need a special account just to check on your CPF? It's not like you could take your CPF out. Only Ho Ching can do that:rolleyes:

Before Singpass you could just go to the counter & get a printout of one's CPF account.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only reason I've got a Singpass was because the gov't made it a necessity in the past. I think you needed one if you wanted to apply for Singtel shares:confused: Can't remember exactly, but I thought it was a dumb idea because why should someone need a special account just to check on your CPF? It's not like you could take your CPF out. Only Ho Ching can do that:rolleyes:

Before Singpass you could just go to the counter & get a printout of one's CPF account.

If i am not mistaken u could withdraw amt excess of RA (provided u maintain the minimum sum) when u reach 55. U can print the relevant application forms fm CPF website using ur Singpass and submit it for approval. U can also do necessary trsf of funds for ur children tuition fees if they are admitted to Spore IHL.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If i am not mistaken u could withdraw amt excess of RA (provided u maintain the minimum sum) when u reach 55. U can print the relevant application forms fm CPF website using ur Singpass and submit it for approval. U can also do necessary trsf of funds for ur children tuition fees if they are admitted to Spore IHL.

FYI, if you reach 55 you can withdraw the $5,000 without having a Singpass account. All you have to do is to go down to the CPF office with your IC.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FYI, if you reach 55 you can withdraw the $5,000 without having a Singpass account. All you have to do is to go down to the CPF office with your IC.

But u can do it without going down to CPF office rite? The convenience of having SingPass...and doing it "online" and at home.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
But u can do it without going down to CPF office rite? The convenience of having SingPass...and doing it "online" and at home.

You have to sign some kind of documents to arrange for a cheque, especially if you do not have an account with one of the approved local banks.

I think most people would prefer to go down personally to avoid cockups. The $5,000 is probably the only time most will ever get to touch their CPF:(

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You have to sign some kind of documents to arrange for a cheque, especially if you do not have an account with one of the approved local banks.

I think most people would prefer to go down personally to avoid cockups. The $5,000 is probably the only time most will ever get to touch their CPF:(

Lets say u r above 55 rite now. So long u meet ur minimum sum in ur RA. So long u meet the minumum sum in ur MS. Whatever excess amt in ur Ord, Special and Medisave, (excluding ur RA) u can withdraw by just clicking ur mouse. U can excute those withdrawals on-line. Once CPF recd ur application, it take 4-5 working days for ur chqs to be ready. Best u use ur POSB a/c.

If not wrong now the RA is $155k and MS $43500. And i can ustand why some uncle prefer to go down personally rather than do it online. Afraid $$ kena salah makan cos press wrong button doing online. :p

So now u see the convenience and advantage of having a Singpass.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

other than cpf, singpass also allow u to file income tax via online. having singpass also allow u to check your outstanding balance of your hdb loan, change vehicle(new vehicle) for hdb season parking or change season parking carpark.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...you needed one if you wanted to apply for Singtel shares:confused: Can't remember exactly, but I thought it was a dumb idea because why should someone need a special account just to check on your CPF? It's not like you could take your CPF out. Only Ho Ching can do that:rolleyes:
Online access to chenghu e-services, not just CPF -but tax returns, business related ACRA etc. For business ACRA related stuff, it's only optimal access for setting up or changes.

Old days of face to face are getting scarce. When was last time you walked into a bank branch? :p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whew, fortunately I have no loans & don't have any dealings with HDB. No longer have a car so I guess I can count myself lucky:smile:

I use those AXS kiosks to pay most of my bills. I'll let them terminate my Singpass account because it seems that Singpass is more of a "fine" system & there are many alternative methods to pay.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
....Old days of face to face are getting scarce. When was last time you walked into a bank branch? :p

I visit the bank every month to pay my VISA bills. My bank account is with a different bank that issued my VISA card. As a matter of fact I have a couple of VISA cards from various banks.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

singpass is a great way to access all government e-services. its use should be expanded further so we don't have to keep track of soooooooo many different passwords.

heck maybe one day can use singpass to access SBF muahahhaha