• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Of Niches and Seng Kang West

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: MP Lam Par: URA and HDB provided me with false information!

Just remember one thing,
lum par bin sat with the panel and retorted against the constituents.

Now his leeders changed direction leaving him there to fend for himself and he tried to get back to the look books of the constituents.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheng Bok waiting to see how Khaw "straightens up a U-turn"

How to make a U turn look straight?
The land for tender at Sengkang was designated a religious site. But it was awarded to a funeral services firm Eternal Pure Land, linked to a public listed company Life Corporation, headquarter in Australia. The company’s intention was to build a columbarium. But Sengkang plot was not for commercial columbarium. Columbarium is big business because each niche cost a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. Religious bodies do build columbarium within their temple or church compound but they are primarily to serve their congregation
How to correct this error?
Can the tender already awarded, be withdrawn? It would reflect badly on our tender system if the government do this. It showed lack of due diligence. Moreover as it involve a public listed company, it will have impact on stock price of the share. Will there be legal implications?
“The key point is… we do not want a commercial columbarium and we won’t have one, but having reached such a situation, I will find a way to try to unwind this” quote Minister Khaw.

Singaporeans are watching how the Ministry is going to make a U turn look STRAIGHT.

All the best.

https://www.facebook.com/TanChengBock

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cheng Bok waiting to see how Khaw "straightens up a U-turn"

Simple lah.

Just remove the U turn sign at the problematic junction and if U turn still occurs say I have already removed the sign but ppl are still doing those turns, so it's not my fault leh!

Anyway this incident is an 'isolated' one so....

Let's move on. LOL

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For all those aspiring MPs and ministers, this is an example of how your "leaders" will lead you to the noose, put it around you and leave you out to dry.
Having promised you that they were solidly behind you before the town hall meeting.
Of course, the leaders were not lying - they meant it literally.
Now MP Lam Par walks with his arse bandaged after being in front of Khaw.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: $8 Cow continues to speak with forked tongue in parliament

....we do not know whether they want to put up a columbarium service or not. So we cannot make the assumption.

Now, he does not want to make an assumption?

After he and his merry staff had ASSUMED?

After he has made an ASS of U and ME?

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
He is still lost. He claims in the article that he did not know seating arrangements would be an issue. It was never about the seating arrangements, but his approach and how he addressed the town hall

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Very simple Dr. Tan. The concentration of high IQs in the cabinet creates a singularity that curves the intellectual space around it such that travelling in a straight line can be a U turn or vice versa depending on your frame of reference. Hasn't years of reading that eminent journal, the ST, taught you anything ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

MP Lam has come out of this looking like a hero, while $8 Khaw now has to bear the heat. But it is okay, The folks of Fernvale and Sengkang West SMC will continue to vote for PAP! MP Lam has managed to swing many votes back to PAP!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Asked if it had been a stressful time for him, he replied: "Definitely. No one wants anything to happen in their constituency."

A big time cocked by Lampar Pin Min.. He knows he is now on precarious ground especially since the residents there are still seething at him.. He didn't really win by a big margin in the 2011 GE against WP's Koh Choong Yong.. Provided Sengkang West SMC is not absorbed into another GRC, that ward is now a winnable ward for the Oppo in the next GE..

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

MP Lam has come out of this looking like a hero, while $8 Khaw now has to bear the heat. But it is okay, The folks of Fernvale and Sengkang West SMC will continue to vote for PAP! MP Lam has managed to swing many votes back to PAP!

anyone with an adorable and cute lampar min will garner massive sympathy and loving votes.

image.jpg

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... It showed lack of due diligence ...
ah loonz gahmenz wok r all typical of ah loon ... shoddy, shabby n shady ...

watz due diligence 4 ah loonz gahmen? ... he oredi said he got no 4site ... u want him 2 resign? ...

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

As a taxpayer and citizen, I do not accept why we are paying millions to this bunch of clowns in the government who make critcal mistakes like this.

So, is Khaw Boon Wan going to be held accountable and be penalised in his performance bonus???

drambuie

Alfrescian
Loyal

As a taxpayer and citizen, I do not accept why we are paying millions to this bunch of clowns in the government who make critcal mistakes like this.

So, is Khaw Boon Wan going to be held accountable and be penalised in his performance bonus???

Sure there will be repercussions, he will get a promotion.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

Please vote PAP:smile:

Dr Lam clarified yesterday that he had not been taking sides and he did not understand why the seating arrangements had become an issue. ....................

He said he did not scrutinise whether a commercial entity which bid for land for places of worship had to have religious ties.

He was not aware of the rules and was not part of the tender process, he said, adding that the rules had "very fine details".

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

all ofthem will never survive the private sector. even ms saw piak piak did not saw it come when the day cum. and got chopped. now she can only hope her friends at ntuc offer her a fulltime job as taxi driver.

drambuie

Alfrescian
Loyal

If he is in private sector..confirm kena sacked ... this is a FUNDAMENTAL ERROR...

Usually yes for people like us but if you are well connected then you may get away with just a little slap on the wrist.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... So, is Khaw Boon Wan going to be held accountable and be penalised in his performance bonus???
did he get anyting alike 4 his bicycle case? ...