• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Of Niches and Seng Kang West

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sengkang "temple" - 3 Day Old $1 Company Can Win HDB Tender

From: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...-sengkang-fernvale-link-will-be-out-public-vi

The planned columbarium in Fernvale Link, which has upset some residents, will be out of the public's view and will take up, at most, only a fifth of the Chinese temple it will be housed at.
The thing is residents don't want to live beside a Columbarium, which can't seem to get through his thick skull.

An online petition started on Tuesday to stop the development of the columbarium had garnered more than 600 signatures by yesterday evening.
Looks like enough people were misinformed, that he have to step in and do some work, or else his $15k per month is lepak one.

"I have been reassured by the developer that there will not be crematorium or funeral parlour services at the new temple," he said.

Instead, the modern-looking temple will be the first in Singapore to have an automated columbarium; the niches will be kept hidden and there are private viewing booths.

Wow, I'm impressed, so you mean it's alright to sleep beside dead people if it's automated? Singaporeans are a very superstitious lot, considering that we have integrated the culture of four races, and counting, plus countless religions in a hotpot of supernatural beliefs. Even if you cannot see, you know also feel uncomfortable.

I do recommend the kind MP to stay a couple of days in a cemetery to put matters into perspective.

hofmann

Alfrescian
Loyal

the temple will naturally attract temple lovers and the resale prices (which seems to be the nub of the residents' complaints) will not be adversely affected.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MP Lam continues to digress, Fervane owners want refund, HDB to consider

SINGAPORE — News that a columbarium would be located close to their future homes has riled some would-be Fernvale Lea residents so much that they are asking the Housing and Development Board (HDB) for a refund on their flat.

The request was made by some among the 400 who turned up at a closed-door dialogue called by Sengkang West Member of Parliament (MP) Lam Pin Min yesterday, although they were assured that the Chinese temple housing the columbarium would not be providing cremation or funeral services,as had been said by articles circulating on social media.

After news broke last week of the coming columbarium, some current and would-be residents around Fernvale Link started an online petition to stop the development, which is expected to be completed by 2016. It has garnered more than 800 signatures.

In response to TODAY’s queries, the HDB said it would look into the residents’ request for a refund.

Petitions started by residents who are unhappy with the siting of facilities — the so-called Not In My Backyard syndrome — are not new.

For example, in 2012, residents in Woodlands Street 83 petitioned against the setting up of an eldercare centre at the void decks of Blocks 860 and 861, while some Toh Yi residents opposed the building of studio apartments for the elderly in their estate.

After the dialogue yesterday, which was organised by the Sengkang West Citizens’ Consultative Committee and involved representatives from the HDB, Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) and the company developing the temple, dozens of future Fernvale Lea residents queued up to give their names and contact details for updates on the possibility of a refund.

Brochures for potential buyers of Fernvale Lea flats had indicated that the nearby Chinese temple might include ancillary services, such as a columbarium.

However, some residents who attended yesterday’s dialogue, which became heated at times during its three-hour span, argued that the possibility should have been made clearer, with some raising their concerns about traffic congestion and the resale value of their property, among others.

Speaking to TODAY about the reactions from the residents over the columbarium, Dr Lam said: “Although it was indicated in the brochures, some of them might have missed it and felt that because they weren’t given prior notice, they could not make an informed decision. I believe most of the unhappiness is because they felt there was a lack of information given to them to make such a decision.”

He added that he had received similar Not In My Backyard feedback about other facilities, such as schools, eldercare services and the new hospital in Anchorvale, and that the way to manage such situations is to find out and address residents’ concerns.

For this particular case, it was important for the dialogue to assure residents that the temple will not offer funeral and crematorium services, he said.

On whether there is any possibility of changing the current plans of the temple to remove the columbarium, the MP said: “We have to leave it up to the HDB and URA to assess the situation.”

Responding to TODAY, the HDB and URA’s statement said approved temples have and are allowed to set aside some space within their buildings for columbarium use.

As the site was sold for the predominant use as a Chinese temple development and not that of a columbarium, the space for the columbarium must not exceed one-fifth of the total gross floor area of the building, it added.

“To protect the amenity of adjoining developments, the columbarium area must also be located inside the main building, out of sight from surrounding developments, preferably in the basement. If it is located above ground, it should be screened from public view,” a spokesperson said, adding that it is not unusual for places of worship to house columbaria.

Meanwhile, soon-to-be residents of Fernvale Lea, such as one who wanted to be known only as Ms Ong, 38, raised the concern that the empty plot of land next to the temple might be developed for funeral services.

The parcel in question is currently earmarked by the URA for civic and community institutions such as police stations, welfare homes as well as funeral parlours.

Dispelling this fear, Dr Lam said he had received assurance from the URA that it is unlikely it will approve any plans for a funeral parlour in the middle of a residential area.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And fiasco of their own making.
$1-00
3-day old company

Cheaper than $2 AIM, $8 Heart Operation

What's the common thread on all these?

$8 Cow

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal

who owns the $2 company? A pappy crony?

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

another fernvale pap mp gone case in 2015/6

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If LFC were to have connection with opp parties, i bet today ST headlines!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

Source: Temasek Review

A page setup up by Sengkang West Fernvale residents to call for transparency over the proposed Chinese Temple/Columbarium at their estate

Aiyah, don't disturb LamPar min (ballsface). He just come back from his Taipei GRassroot retreat and busy planning for next year's tax payer funded holiday.

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?...treat-in-Taipei-to-plan-next-year-s-acitivity!

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

If LFC were to have connection with opp parties, i bet today ST headlines!

Wah, Liverpool Football Club (LFC) buying chinese temples now? I guess they can see their shitty football team going to get relegated soon.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

I have no sympathy for fucked up Sengkang West residents. Their fucking MP Lampar Min took 3 busloads of Crassloot leaders to Taipei recently on a taxpayer paid retreat and these residents don't even complain. If they don't hold their MP and grassloot leaders accountable, they will have to put up with this sort of shit.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: MP Lam continues to digress, Fervane owners want refund, HDB to consider

Why all these people bother MP Lampar Min? He is still mood mah. Just came back from his free taxpayer paid Grassroot retreat to Taipeh with 3 busloads of grassroot leaders from Sengkang West. They are still recovering from this orgy of shopping and makan. These residents really inconsiderate to jeesiao him like that.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let's see what rubbish comes out of his lampar mouth.

For a start, he should respond to the questions raised on his FB instead of talk three and talk four.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal

My impression has always been that temples, churches and places of worship are not for profit organisations. Is this is a for profit organisation? Or perhaps it does have not for profit status. Also wonder if there is any vetting on whether this organization is fit to run a temple. Perhaps one should have checked if it is a recognised religious organisation, one that is accredited. What we do not want is an organisation that comes in under the guise of a religious organisation only to profit from the columbarium.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Andrew Loh asks MP Lam to show brochure to support his FB claims

Dear Dr Lam,

Thank you for the prompt engagement with the potential residents affected. I personally have no issue with a columbarium in a HDB estate, but I recognise that others may not feel the same way.

It is thus good to see such a dialogue take place to clear the air.

I would, however, like to highlight a point you have made in your posting here – and it is this:

You wrote:

“We were able to clarify many misinformation that were being circulated in the social media – the developer and the agencies have reassured residents that there will not be funeral and cremation services in this Chinese Temple development.”

Actually, this “misinformation” was reported by the Straits Times.

In its report on 30 December 2014, the ST said:

“Life Corp, the parent company of Singapore Funeral Services, said the space will be used to run funeral services, columbarium space and associated services.”

Pls see here:

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...kang-west-surprised-columbarium-plan-20141230

The company involved in running the columbarium itself told the Straits Times that it would be providing “funeral services”.

It is thus erroneous to ascribe the “misinformation” to (just only) “the social media”. But it is good that you have now clarified that no funeral services will be provided.

Incidentally, could you provide a copy of the brochure of the Fernvale Lea BTO which says “that the proposed facility may include other ancillary uses, including Columbarium allowed under URA’s prevailing Development Control guidelines.”

In its online copy of the brochure, it made no mention of the columbarium whatsoever.

Pls see here:

http://esales.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eap001.nsf/0/13JULBTO_pdf_selection_8820/$file/FernvaleLea_RivervaleArc_2-room.pdf

I, as with others, appreciate your time on the matter, but I would also hope that we can get more accurate information as well.

Thanks.

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/01/05/fernvale-dialogue-session-more-questions-than-answers/

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Journalists no balls cos rice bowl in the hands of those elites...

I believe it is a matter of time before we know who owns this company that was successfully awarded the tender.

Victory2016

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lam_Pin_Min_Profile.jpg

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

election year, sure very relak one lah!!!!!

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
LPM is MP for SKW - also under AMK GRC

If many SKW residents dun sarport LPM

then what will happen to AMK GRC

sametime, if WP send their AAA team to AMK GRC

the match is like Team Authority vs Team John Cena